Detroit used to be the richest city in the nation, but Progressive policies of tax the rich and spend it on welfare programs left the city in ruins.

More BS. Again, you can't pay a HS dropout $75/HR + benefits to tighten a bolt 8 hours. When other Countries/States are able to pay $25/HR for the same thing. Eventually you have to make it up somewhere. Quality began to go downhill....yes some of it bad MGT, bad Designs. DET got fat, stupid and lazy. DET Politicians taxed them right out of business on top of all of it.
dimocrap scum think Wet Streets Cause Rain.

Honest to God, they're that stupid they can't understand Cause and Effect.

What caused the Companies to flee Dee-troit was the Unions. Unions are one of the most important cogs in the wheel that is the criminal enterprise called the democrat party.

Union Thug goes to dimocrap FILTH criminal Politician, "Irving, you get us that big contract and we'll mobilize our Union Thugs to make sure you win the next election."

criminal dimocrap FILTH politician, "Sure but you might have to make sure the ballots are being counted correctly because I dount think your GOTV efforst will be enough." Union Thug, Guido Stugatz, "Yeah, we can do dat, just make sure you don't let those Republicans interfere wid us making shit-cars."

Lather, rinse, repeat. Year after year after year after year after year.

dimocraps are scum

More BS. Again, you can't pay a HS dropout $75/HR + benefits to tighten a bolt 8 hours. When other Countries/States are able to pay $25/HR for the same thing. Eventually you have to make it up somewhere. Quality began to go downhill....yes some of it bad MGT, bad Designs. DET got fat, stupid and lazy. DET Politicians taxed them right out of business on top of all of it.

I am not sure how you missed it but you may want to read some basic history on the demise of manufacturing in America.
Pay particular attention to the 70s when gas prices exploded and was even rationed.
Then come back and talk to me.
Thanks

BTW, auto workers do not earn $156,000 as you suggest.
They earn $65,000 on average.

You were only off by 100,000! Idiot.

I am not sure how you missed it but you may want to read some basic history on the demise of manufacturing in America.
Pay particular attention to the 70s when gas prices exploded and was even rationed.
Then come back and talk to me.
Thanks

BTW, auto workers do not earn $156,000 as you suggest.
They earn $65,000 on average.

You were only off by 100,000! Idiot.

Total cost to any company is roughly 2.5X salary. You don't know enough, little kid. None of do. But many have read up on this issue over decades. Many on this board lived thru all of it.

Total cost to any company is roughly 2.5X salary. You don't know enough, little kid. None of do. But many have read up on this issue over decades. Many on this board lived thru all of it.

Watch your mouth sweety👄.
Then reread your post. You spoke to hourly wage, nothing else.
And now you have ignored completely what happened to American industry, particularly the auto industry in the 70s and what was the cause.

Guess what chuckie, I even know where you pulled that horse shit out of your ass. The propaganda driven Heritage.

As I said Bobo, back to the classroom for you.

Manufacturers can live with High Wages to a point. They can live with stupid dimocrap scum oversight to a point. They can live with fuel shoratges, they can even (almost) live with the TOTALLY criminal EPA.

What they can NOT and have NEVER been able to live with is --

Shutdowns.

Long time ago I was in Ohio visiting a friend when Generic Motors was on strike because the criminal Union wantd a certain Holiday. The workers weren't all that worked up about it but they ended up shutting the facotries DOWN.

Meanwhile, at the Maryville Honda Plant (Non-Union) they were busy submitting ideas about how to make the plant more efficient. Which, BTW, the Union Auto Workers absolutely will NOT allow. No worker can go to management, talk to management, submit an idea to management without first getting approval from the fucking Union. Which nobody ever bothers with because they never give it.

lol, no. The collapse of the local auto industry left the city in ruins.

Nice try, though.
People purchased foreign made vehicles. Detroit even had an advantage due to only 10% of vehicles sold or something near that can be foreign at that time as we were Pax Americana. Or America first in another way. We squandered a decade with corrupted unions and upper management not able to produce newer vehicles that were smaller, more fuel efficient, reliable and with the government involvement of safety and computer additions. All of this caused by the gas crisis we had. In part because we were to us trying to destroy a President at that time and were not paying attention. We even had another gas crisis to cement the smaller cars and ended Detroit from rising again.

People purchased foreign made vehicles. Detroit even had an advantage due to only 10% of vehicles sold or something near that can be foreign at that time as we were Pax Americana. Or America first in another way. We squandered a decade with corrupted unions and upper management not able to produce newer vehicles that were smaller, more fuel efficient, reliable and with the government involvement of safety and computer additions. All of this caused by the gas crisis we had. In part because we were to us trying to destroy a President at that time and were not paying attention. We even had another gas crisis to cement the smaller cars and ended Detroit from rising again.
I remember all of that. The US even put a numerical limit on the number of Japanese cars that could be sold in the US.

So they started making more expensive cars like the Lexus, Infinity and Acura.

Which put the Chrysler Imperial out of business, made the Cadillac into the absolute total piece of over-priced Jew-Canoe junk it is today and hurt Lincoln badly.

Any time dimocrap scum or their butthole buddies get involved in ANYTHING -- They fuck it up. Every time.

When America crumbles, which is seeming more and more likely because of dimocrap scum, our People will be seen in the rubble, saying --

200w.gif

I know how an economy works. You, OTOH, have no clue how the Import/Export Business works or what a Free Port is. And GDP is not carved in stone. Hardly.

The GDP numbers from a Port City/State are always inflated. They make nothing, they manufacture nothing, they create nothing. They employ very few. All they do is ship it or import it. Sometimes they process it (frozen goods) but not very often unless it's an export.

Does it account for ALL their economy? Hell no. But it counts for a lot of it. The Coastal areas aren't all that and a Happy Meal. Without the MidWest manufacturing and farming, they'd collapse into a pile of rubble, post haste.

Many Companies that sell imported goods go to 'Direct Buy' if at all possible. If they're big enough. You have no clue what that is, do you? Didn't think so. Ask your 3rd grade teacher. She might know but -- I seriously doubt it.

I'd explain it to you but talking to the slow-witted is tedious, at best......

whatev

One tip you can understand -- A bidnessman in Buttfukk Kaliphony imports 2 containers of Dildos. He then takes orders on them from other businesses throughout the Country. A million dollars worth. That gets filed as a millions dollars on the GDP books. But he didn't make anything, he didn't manufacture anything, he created nothing, and -- HE EMPLOYED VIRTUALLY NO ONE! All he's got is a small warehouse, a fat secretary, a desk and a computer. The Export side is more complicated and WAY beyond your understanding.

But you keep on believing your Grade School numbers. It suits you.
Apple. Explain to me why all the value is in apple and not the china factories that take commodities and smash them together as designed? Bitch. You dont know how any economy works.

How Detroit went broke: The answers may surprise you — and don't blame Coleman Young

So the rich and middle class just got up and left for greener states. The reason why i posted this history of facts, is that California is doing the exact same thing, but on a larger scale. Only a matter of time when all of California will look like Robocop's Detroit.

MSN The left is so stupid that they never learn from their mistakes but always double down, thinking that taxing the wealth out of people will make the poor very happy. Unless WALLS are build to keep the rich from moving away, the rich will find...you got it....greener pastures....

View attachment 894702
And it has spread to several large cities and even the idiot progressive states.

The fact the residents of all these failed cities do not get the connection to failed Democrat policies and their cities’ demise is beyond me.

ONLY DEMS HAVE RUN FOR CITY FOR 100 YEARS AND IT IS A SHITHOLE. HOW ARE YOU STILL VOTING DEM?

The fact the residents of all these failed cities do not get the connection to failed Democrat policies and their cities’ demise is beyond me.

ONLY DEMS HAVE RUN FOR CITY FOR 100 YEARS AND IT IS A SHITHOLE. HOW ARE YOU STILL VOTING DEM?
Bidenet.png<-----Stupid is as stupid votes....

Because you dolt, it was in the 1950s when the Big 3 Auto's along with Motown that brought in so much money, the leftists just couldnt let that happen. So the Progressives bankrupted the city, turned it into a war zone and soon after that, only the poor had to stay. I cant help it is you are too stupid to realize that happens every time a Marxist is put in power.
You are the stupid mf, if you haven't been to Detroit in the past two years then fuck off. Yes, Detroit was in the shit hole at one time a lot of it started in 1966, and they have brought themselves slowly out of it. Ever hear of Coleman's train? Big joke at that time, mayor coleman.

been there lately?

Unions were responsible for that. They overpriced their labor, which forced companies to go overseas for production.

Not only that. New Car MFG sites opened up in NON-UNION States such as South Carolina, Alabama etc. BMW, Hyundai, I don't remember them all but you don't hear of HONDA moving a factory into DET or CHI or Gary etc. Suppliers like Delco disappeared from Kokomo too.

Apple. Explain to me why all the value is in apple and not the china factories that take commodities and smash them together as designed? Bitch. You dont know how any economy works.

The title is DET. Not APPL design center out in Cupertino. They don't MFG much in the USA. They also use a lot of Asian subcontractors. Try to stay on DET killing the Golden Auto goose.

Because they send us a monthly check (they think only the D send checks). They pay us to have 7,8,9 babies from 5 convicts who pass thru. We have more, we get more.

Because it's a 'growth' stock, imbeccile. Go hump somebody else's leg. You're annoying me

You are the stupid mf, if you haven't been to Detroit in the past two years then fuck off. Yes, Detroit was in the shit hole at one time a lot of it started in 1966, and they have brought themselves slowly out of it. Ever hear of Coleman's train? Big joke at that time, mayor coleman.
Again, you are totally clueless of what i am trying to say. It actually takes brains to see the comparison of what Californication is doing that Detroit did back in the late 1960s...i dont expect you to know, because then you will have pulled your head out of your ass.

liberals-head-up-his-ass.jpg

Again, you are totally clueless of what i am trying to say. It actually takes brains to see the comparison of what Californication is doing that Detroit did back in the late 1960s...i dont expect you to know, because then you will have pulled your head out of your as

Are you from Detroit? If so the riots in late 60's ring a bell? Yes, Detroit did start going down the tubes in the 60's (I don't give a shit what California is doing) but Detroit has and will continue to make one hell of a comeback under a Dem.

You have changed this from Detroit to Californification. If you bothered to do some research you would have seen a couple repub and one dem governor of Michigan withheld a lot of funds from Detroit for years.

Doesn't matter I'm done with this thread.

Forum List

Back