Should middle school students be allowed to wear leggings at school?

Should leggings be allowed to be worn as pants in public middle schools?

• Yes

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
Teachers haveing sexual relations with students isn't common and it is not the atmosphere of schools these days. It is extraordinarily rare. "In fall 2017, about 50.7 million students will attend public elementary and secondary schools in America." How many events in 2017 involving students and teachers being sexually involved did you hear about? Even if it were 100, which it probably wasn't anywhere near. 100 would be 0.0002% of 50 million. It's a very small pecentage. So, please, have some common sense: there is no environment where teachers are having sex with students, and teachers are not wearing provocative clothing to work.

I agree that it isn't common, but one time is one time too many. Besides that, middle school aged boys are very easily distracted by women, whether it be her legs, her breasts, whatever. Geesh, even full grown men are that way a lot of times! I don't see why anyone would be against uniforms in school. I think it would make for a more productive learning environment. There are a LOT more teachers in the world nowadays because there are more people in general, and unfortunately a lot of people have no class, no couth and no ethics.
Teachers are not children. Get that through your head. Are you required to wear a uniform to work? Do you have a master's degree or better? Do you really think it is appropropriate to humiliate professionals with university degrees by making them wear uniforms to work? Only Americans think that way. Incredible. When is the abuse of teachers in America going to stop?

YES. For some (many actually) jobs you are required to wear a uniform! Are you serious?
Tell me what professionals with college degrees are required to wear a uniform to work?

Military officers.
You can't compare the military to civilians. No comparison.

I agree, Ascelpias, if all students AND teachers must abide by a strict uniform code.
Not teachers. Teachers may have a dress code, but they shouldn't wear uniforms.

One of my biggest complaints was the teacher dress code at my last district. All male teachers were required to wear buttoned shirts, and no polos except on certain days. No tennis shoes. No jeans.

Female teachers could wear whatever the hell they wanted.

Pissed me off!
That's a gender issue. But I'll bet they couldn't wear some things. In any school I've taught in, there was a dress code that essentially called for business casual type of clothing, for both men and women.

I think people should be able to wear what ever they wish.

Less fascism in peoples life is a good thing.
Do you think it’s fair for a guy who starts a law firm to require the lawyers he hires to wear a suit to work? Restaurants to require customers to wear shirts and shoes?
A suit isn't a uniform unless all the people at the law firm are required to wear the same exact suit, shirt and tie. Shirts and shoes in restaurants are not uniforms by any stretch and the requirement is for hygienic reasons.

Do you think it’s fair for a guy who starts a law firm to require the lawyers he hires to wear a suit to work? Restaurants to require customers to wear shirts and shoes?
A suit isn't a uniform unless all the people at the law firm are required to wear the same exact suit, shirt and tie. Shirts and shoes in restaurants are not uniforms by any stretch and the requirement is for hygienic reasons.
I’m not talking about uniforms, I’m talking about dress codes and etiquette. The poster I was responding to said he thought anybody should be able to wear whatever they want and the alternative was fascism

I agree that it isn't common, but one time is one time too many. Besides that, middle school aged boys are very easily distracted by women, whether it be her legs, her breasts, whatever. Geesh, even full grown men are that way a lot of times! I don't see why anyone would be against uniforms in school. I think it would make for a more productive learning environment. There are a LOT more teachers in the world nowadays because there are more people in general, and unfortunately a lot of people have no class, no couth and no ethics.
Teachers are not children. Get that through your head. Are you required to wear a uniform to work? Do you have a master's degree or better? Do you really think it is appropropriate to humiliate professionals with university degrees by making them wear uniforms to work? Only Americans think that way. Incredible. When is the abuse of teachers in America going to stop?

YES. For some (many actually) jobs you are required to wear a uniform! Are you serious?
Tell me what professionals with college degrees are required to wear a uniform to work?

Military officers.
You can't compare the military to civilians. No comparison.

I just answered the question.

I agree, Ascelpias, if all students AND teachers must abide by a strict uniform code.
Not teachers. Teachers may have a dress code, but they shouldn't wear uniforms.

One of my biggest complaints was the teacher dress code at my last district. All male teachers were required to wear buttoned shirts, and no polos except on certain days. No tennis shoes. No jeans.

Female teachers could wear whatever the hell they wanted.

Pissed me off!
That's a gender issue. But I'll bet they couldn't wear some things. In any school I've taught in, there was a dress code that essentially called for business casual type of clothing, for both men and women.

This district required dress shirts, slacks and shoes for the men, but absolutely no standards for the women. NONE!

I was a probation officer for close to a decade. I am all about violations. Save what you are selling for someone who is buying. I am not the one.

I was a teacher and assistant principal for two decades. I'll see your probation officer and raise you a teacher!

BTW, should find out in January if I get to be a probation and parole officer since I retired from teaching.

You aren't raising jack, Jack. I already knew you were a teacher. I don't care. I stopped caring at some point last year after watching you flip out every time something about the education system was mentioned.

Good luck with that new job. A whole different level of bat shit crazy. You're going to need it.

I flip out when people spread lies about my profession. Education has many challenges, but lying about it is out of bounds.

Nobody's lying. Education has a lot of challenges. That is why I try to be as specific as possible.

In other posts, people lie about education because they are ignorant of the truth and too lazy to find out for themselves.
There are about five teachers that post on the board. All five have made sure that everyone knows. That's why I figured we could cut the crap and I would "share". The public education system has been taking a hit since A Nation At Risk. Consider the fact that there are people that lie about education because they have an ulterior motive. It becomes more pronounced here during election cycles. I completely understand why some of the things are said by the teachers on this forum. They have spent a very long time being on the defense and most of the time over things they have no control over while watching people try to find the 99 reasons not to pay them. I get it.

I really hope you get that job and have the opportunity to spend most of your time out in the field. Going out into the community will be a lovely adventure compared to having the community come to you and on your terms. :thup:

I was a teacher and assistant principal for two decades. I'll see your probation officer and raise you a teacher!

BTW, should find out in January if I get to be a probation and parole officer since I retired from teaching.

You aren't raising jack, Jack. I already knew you were a teacher. I don't care. I stopped caring at some point last year after watching you flip out every time something about the education system was mentioned.

Good luck with that new job. A whole different level of bat shit crazy. You're going to need it.

I flip out when people spread lies about my profession. Education has many challenges, but lying about it is out of bounds.

Nobody's lying. Education has a lot of challenges. That is why I try to be as specific as possible.

In other posts, people lie about education because they are ignorant of the truth and too lazy to find out for themselves.
There are about five teachers that post on the board. All five have made sure that everyone knows. That's why I figured we could cut the crap and I would "share". The public education system has been taking a hit since A Nation At Risk. Consider the fact that there are people that lie about education because they have an ulterior motive. It becomes more pronounced here during election cycles. I completely understand why some of the things are said by the teachers on this forum. They have spent a very long time being on the defense and most of the time over things they have no control over while watching people try to find the 99 reasons not to pay them. I get it.

I really hope you get that job and have the opportunity to spend most of your time out in the field. Going out into the community will be a lovely adventure compared to having the community come to you and on your terms. :thup:

Your first comments started out very well, but then you made it personal and lost whatever credibility you had.

On my terms? You really don't know much about teaching, do you?

Your first comments started out very well, but then you made it personal and lost whatever credibility you had.

You made it personal several posts ago. I'm still not caring.

You made it personal several posts ago. I'm still not caring.

I did? I must have missed it. Oh, well! You obviously aren't worth the effort. Toodles!

Yes, 'uniform' is what the boss defines it to be.

Yes, 'uniform' is what the boss defines it to be.
Ya, let’s go to uniforms. When I was in high school there was a large catholic school close. I was really fond of the easy access the unis gave me and really fond of confession to!

Forum List

Back