Should middle school students be allowed to wear leggings at school?

Should leggings be allowed to be worn as pants in public middle schools?

• Yes

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
It is currently a dress code violation for students to wear uncovered leggings at public schools and many parents have been complaining about it. What are your thoughts about dress code rules in public schools?

I would mandate all students in the public school system wear grey sweatsuits and black Chuck Taylors, with an American flag shoulder patch.

That's it.

Just one of many reason leggings should never be allowed in schools, including for those who aren't fat either.
They show to much ,and one might as well just get spray painted and wear nothing.

serveimage

The first time I saw them was at a club volleyball tournament. I could not believe these girls parents let them out of the house to parade around 100 horny teenage guys with those pants! Spray painted on is right.

It is currently a dress code violation for students to wear uncovered leggings at public schools and many parents have been complaining about it. What are your thoughts about dress code rules in public schools?

Dress codes increase violations and lead to suspensions. It's the dumbest crap I have ever seen.

I was going to post exactly that. Uniforms would solve the problem of inappropriate clothing, gang color issues, and save the parents money.

No, they don't. It simply makes it easier for the adults to ignore. Those kids already know who is a gang member, they know who is rich and who is not. It's an out of sight/out of mind game that helps no one solve anything.

Dress codes increase violations and lead to suspensions. It's the dumbest crap I have ever seen.
School is for learning. Its not a fashion show. Kids should learn to follow the rules for the environment they are in. If this increases violations and suspensions then that means someones parents are not doing their job. I bet if they started arresting the parents for their childrens dress code violations like they do for kids cutting school then it would stop immediately.

I was going to post exactly that. Uniforms would solve the problem of inappropriate clothing, gang color issues, and save the parents money.

No, they don't. It simply makes it easier for the adults to ignore. Those kids already know who is a gang member, they know who is rich and who is not. It's an out of sight/out of mind game that helps no one solve anything.
I think it keeps the focus on education and not how much someones pants cost. Of course kids are going to find a way to wear status symbols but a uniform makes it much harder to do this.

School is for learning. Its not a fashion show. Kids should learn to follow the rules for the environment they are in. If this increases violations and suspensions then that means someones parents are not doing their job.

That's a whole lot of should, Asclepisas. The world should do a lot of things. They don't though. The reality is that some of these kids are stuffing shoes with plastic bags to make the shoes fit. They aren't going to be able to have enough money to clean those clothes in the middle of the week and the name of the game is to keep kids in school. The only group of people this serves is the adults that can pretend nothing is going on. There are bigger arguments to have.

Forum List

Back