Zone1 Should Husbands Share Housework With Their Wives?

How much housework is there, really? My house never gets messy.

The other thing is, I'm such an obsessive compulsive prick that I dunno if I'd even trust anyone else to do the laundry the way I like it done.

The dog licks the plates, I rinse em off and stick em in the dishwasher. Works...

How much housework is there, really? My house never gets messy.

The other thing is, I'm such an obsessive compulsive prick that I dunno if I'd even trust anyone else to do the laundry the way I like it done.

The dog licks the plates, I rinse em off and stick em in the dishwasher. Works...

We have the same pre-rinse setting at our house.

Yep. Maybe she can remove the overgrown ivy from the partially rotted deck, buy some wood and fix it. He can plan to cook a nice dinner for both of them while watching TV. All kidding aside, just do what needs to be done.

plumbing repairs are always taken for granted.. and god help you if there's one drip or you gotta go to the hardware store more than twice!

My fiancee and I have been discussing this lately and thankfully neither one of us are from the dinosaur age where we both agree that marriage should be a partnership where we share the work, but I wasn't sure what you guys think.
So whilst you keep discussing, who is doing the housework presently - Mom?

Husbands should only do household chores while wearing a Koteka. Just part of the uniform.

I believe in the traditional division of labor that's been the cornerstone of marriage for thousands of years.
The man works outside of the home and brings in the money to support the family.
While the wife stays home and takes care of the house and the kids.
In the Arab world that’s how it works. In some places of course even there… there’s all sorts of differences happening. It would’ve been pretty cool to grow up in 1970s or 1980s Iraq. Actually they had women in the workforce.

But in America my friend there are now “stay at home dad‘“ s. Or stay at home boyfriends. They don’t even work they stay at home take care of the house while the wife works.

A friend of mine has been doing this for like 10 years and I don’t even know if he knows that his gf doesn’t wanna have kids.,, she does not want to get married. What a disaster. They have been together for perhaps 10 years she has changed him for the worse and to being a fanatical LGBT supporter. He went from a blue-collar worker to this guy who stays at home and does nothing. Maybe I can steer him in the right direction but you see how it is with a lot of Democrats they’re so brainwashed they see the country burning before their eyes and they don’t care about it.

Last edited:
My fiancee and I have been discussing this lately and thankfully neither one of us are from the dinosaur age where we both agree that marriage should be a partnership where we share the work, but I wasn't sure what you guys think.
All of this goes without saying of course huge swaths of the American people are not even married. I mean look at the country you got Democrats telling people “oh don’t worry about it don’t get married until you’re 35 …. don’t have a kid till you’re 40”

“Have a dog don’t get married “

😳

What a disaster meanwhile other countries of the world have huge families.

All of this goes without saying of course huge swaths of the American people are not even married. I mean look at the country you got Democrats telling people “oh don’t worry about it don’t get married until you’re 35 …. don’t have a kid till you’re 40”

“Have a dog don’t get married “

😳

What a disaster meanwhile other countries of the world have huge families.

So what if people decide not to get married? If anything, it is more income for the federal gov't.

Have a child when you want. I recommend having them you, so you can keep up with them. But the choice is theirs to wait or to not have children.

In situation where the man works full time and the woman is a homemaker, she should obviously be doing the great majority of the housework.

In a situation where both work, divide it by skill set

In situation where the man works full time and the woman is a homemaker, she should obviously be doing the great majority of the housework.

In a situation where both work, divide it by skill set

I agree with that. Except both people can develop new skill sets as well.

Should Husbands Share Housework With Their Wives?​

That is obviously an INDIVIDUAL DECISION that couples need to make for themselves based on their particular circumstances, like situation, who is working, health, time, children, nature of work, needs, etc., rather than be asking strangers.

But generally, I'd say it is pretty hard for the lady not to assume the major part of the basic house work, where usually, the guy at least assumes the other part like heavy lifting, painting, repairs, carpentry, appliance repair and things requiring strength and tools.

But again, one must take in the particular circumstances which no one here knows.

So what if people decide not to get married? If anything, it is more income for the federal gov't.

Have a child when you want. I recommend having them you, so you can keep up with them. But the choice is theirs to wait or to not have children.
Of course everyone is free to do as a please. Although freedom is under attack in America by the Democrats. And by the January 6 committee type republicans….

Less Americans are born today compared to the past. The divorce rate today is astronomically higher compared to the past. What about that what does that mean for America’s future when other countries of the world have much larger families in a much lower divorce rate? Because it will result in something and I think the result will ultimately be negative if we continue toward this trend.

It’s already a negative result for poor black children cystic show that in the 1960s something like 20% of black kids were born to single parent household now it’s something like 75%. And the crime rate in the inner-city black majority communities is through the roof.

Drug addiction rates for white Americans is much higher today compared to the past. Much of it has to do with growing up in a broken household.

I do.

My grandma raised me to vacuum, clean up after myself, help her cook dinner, when dinner was over I had to clear the table, help wash, do my own laundry in addition to cut the grass, fix things around the house and so on. She wanted me to be self sufficient and if I ever did get married I'd have an appreciation for them doing stuff for me.

So I spent 25 years single and I kept my place in excellent shape and did everything.

Now that I'm married I vacuum the house, clear the dishes, clean and such. My wife and I kind of just without discussing it just split up the duties. I do my laundry and she does hers. I am more particular in a lot of ways about orginzation and neatness so I do a lot myself because it's easier than trying to train her so to speak.

Forum List

Back