Zone1 Should Husbands Share Housework With Their Wives?

When I see something that needs to be done I just do it. I don't keep track of who does what around the house.

We sometimes argue over who does the dishes after dinner, we both go "I will do them". We often go with the one that did not cook does the dishes, but that always seems so unfair because I am a messy chef, I use way more pans and bowls and such than my wife does!

The old times of the woman staying home while the men work is thankfully over. Dreadful times.

If I could say that I’d be smelling pretty bad by now.
I wouldn't let someone else manage all my personal shit for me. Not all the time. Everyone needs to be capable of taking care of any of his or her own things within reason if need be.

I prefer to do my own laundry. It's MY FUCKING LAUNDRY and I'll do it my way! Occasionally if I have to go do something else or rush off to work, my wife will pitch in and finish it for me. We also will both do things to start dinner and occasionally the other will have to finish it because we work different shifts. For example, I'll cut stuff up and prepare and marinate meats in the morning so she can just throw it on the stove and it'll be ready when I get home. That gives her more time to help our son with homework. We both have personal appointments and such and we have to juggle to help each other sometimes. I don't really WANT a woman doing all my personal shit for me. I'll manage most of it, thank you very much. However, during those times that I have lots to do or appointments to keep I do appreciate her help. A household where people ONLY do a certain list of things prescribed for them and them only...is severely limited and fragile. A house where two people can juggle responsibilities together to get it all done and also keep it fair is SUPERIOR.

My fiancee and I have been discussing this lately and thankfully neither one of us are from the dinosaur age where we both agree that marriage should be a partnership where we share the work, but I wasn't sure what you guys think.
When my husband and I both worked we both shared the chores, except I insisted on doing most of it because I wanted it done right lol.

Forum List

Back