Zone1 Should Husbands Share Housework With Their Wives?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
My fiancee and I have been discussing this lately and thankfully neither one of us are from the dinosaur age where we both agree that marriage should be a partnership where we share the work, but I wasn't sure what you guys think.

My fiancee and I have been discussing this lately and thankfully neither one of us are from the dinosaur age where we both agree that marriage should be a partnership where we share the work, but I wasn't sure what you guys think

A female idea of partnership is hubby is always wrong and the wife never is.

Oh, and no secrets except the ones the wife is allowed to keep.

My fiancee and I have been discussing this lately and thankfully neither one of us are from the dinosaur age where we both agree that marriage should be a partnership where we share the work, but I wasn't sure what you guys think.
It depends on the outside workload of each. If the husband leaves the house at 7 am and returns at 7 pm after a long day at work, and the wife works three mornings a week at her kid’s elementary school and is home by 1 pm, then she should do most of the housework.

If, otoh, you both work 40 or 50 hours a week, then housework should be split.

What can she do? Can she take the garbage out? Does she know how to mop a floor? Do you know how to mop a floor? How about raking the leaves? Cutting the grass? Cleaning the gutters??? Cleaning the toilets? The shower scum? Grocery shopping? Storage organization; foods, pots, pans, all that . . .

Yes they should.

If both partners work a similar number of hours, their work inside and outside their home should be shared equitably. I wouldn't distinguish between housework and outside work, myself.

It often works best if they have different responsibilities, but both contribute equally.

I have NO respect for men whose wives work just as many hours outside the home and then come home and expect their wife to be their surrogate Mommy.

I can happily say I haven't done a load of laundry in 33 years.
I cook and the Wife does the dishes and we're both happy with that arrangement.
These days I dont do much since the hip makes doing a lot of things impossible.

I have done my own laundry since before I met my 2nd wife. Divorce and new sweetie 10 years ago and I am still doing it.

And we split the rest. I do more cooking & kitchen stuff, she vacuums and dusts etc.

Forum List

Back