Zone1 Should Husbands Share Housework With Their Wives?

My fiancee and I have been discussing this lately and thankfully neither one of us are from the dinosaur age where we both agree that marriage should be a partnership where we share the work, but I wasn't sure what you guys think.

Each of us have certain jobs. It helps that we actually like doing those jobs, and they complement each other.

I thunk all housework should be listed and split.

There are usually things lef toff that list such as...

Replacing boards in the deck.
Fixing the car or lawn mower.
Painting the house.
Mowing the lawn.
Hanging a curtain rod.

Is she willing to "share" in those tasks?

Personally I thunk each should do what they're best at...that's what makes a team WORK! And gives you the most progress for your time.

Plus...I really suck at dusting!

My fiancee and I have been discussing this lately and thankfully neither one of us are from the dinosaur age where we both agree that marriage should be a partnership where we share the work, but I wasn't sure what you guys think.

It would be a good idea to do some things together at the same time, like helping each other do the dishes, fold laundry. etc... it will make the time doing chores go by faster , plus youll both feel more motivated, and use that time to talk about other plans.
unless of course one of you is not working and has more time

I thunk all housework should be listed and split.

There are usually things lef toff that list such as...

Replacing boards in the deck.
Fixing the car or lawn mower.
Painting the house.
Mowing the lawn.
Hanging a curtain rod.

Is she willing to "share" in those tasks?

Personally I thunk each should do what they're best at...that's what makes a team WORK! And gives you the most progress for your time.

Plus...I really suck at dusting!
Yep. Maybe she can remove the overgrown ivy from the partially rotted deck, buy some wood and fix it. He can plan to cook a nice dinner for both of them while watching TV. All kidding aside, just do what needs to be done.

I can happily say I haven't done a load of laundry in 33 years.
I cook and the Wife does the dishes and we're both happy with that arrangement.
These days I dont do much since the hip makes doing a lot of things impossible.

This. In a good marriage, you will find what works for you. I do all the cooking, while hubby does the grocery shopping, yard work and dishes after dinner. I do almost all the cleaning inside. We each do our own laundry. We never sat down and negotiated this per se--more like we just fell into what worked. And when it doesn't, we negotiate something else!

This. In a good marriage, you will find what works for you. I do all the cooking, while hubby does the grocery shopping, yard work and dishes after dinner. I do almost all the cleaning inside. We each do our own laundry. We never sat down and negotiated this per se--more like we just fell into what worked. And when it doesn't, we negotiate something else!

That describes the Wife and I's situation perfectly.
I gotta hand it to Her though,She's taken up a lot of slack over the last six years with all of the surgeries I've had to go through.
To be honest I wouldnt know what to do without Her,She's been a real trooper.

It would be a good idea to do some things together at the same time, like helping each other do the dishes, fold laundry. etc... it will make the time doing chores go by faster , plus youll both feel more motivated, and use that time to talk about other plans.
unless of course one of you is not working and has more time

We live in a Mid Century Modern house, built in '58 or '59. In other words, the kitchen was built for one. When we work together in the kitchen we call it the Kitchen Waltz.

Yeah, share the work. Outside of kids (a whole nother dimension), probably 75% of your arguments can be avoided if you just take out the trash or wash and put away dishes when she wants you to.

Honey, make me a sandwich.
7j4qax.jpg

Me and the wife love putting a record on and doing the cleaning together but I find something particularly soothing about doing the sweeping and mopping. She mostly does the laundry because I'm an animal and I'd just throw everything together but apparently some of her garments need to run on delicate, whatever the hell that is.

My fiancee and I have been discussing this lately and thankfully neither one of us are from the dinosaur age where we both agree that marriage should be a partnership where we share the work, but I wasn't sure what you guys think
My wife does almost all of the inside housework in our home. I make sure the home maintenance and exterior upkeep is dealt with. While some may see that as unequal, you have to realize that I also bring in 100% of our household income.

Me and the wife love putting a record on and doing the cleaning together but I find something particularly soothing about doing the sweeping and mopping. She mostly does the laundry because I'm an animal and I'd just throw everything together but apparently some of her garments need to run on delicate, whatever the hell that is.

Laundry is easy. Your entire washable wardrobe can be split into 3 loads.
1) Clothes that matter
2) Clothes that don't matter
3) Whites

Forum List

Back