Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is the media is selective, as are you, in their bullshit righteous indignation.

Yes. You are wrong.

I am not a democrat. Nor a republican.
How do you know I was not appalled at what Byrd said or did?

Listen up, dude. This is a message board. I post messages with fellow messengers doing the same. It is all opinions, shared amongst each other. Some do it because they like being pissed. I like being here to just hang out with other folks since I am homebound and a hermit, so to speak.

I don't know who my fellow posters are, where they are from, what color they are, what their sex is, what kind of toilet paper they purchase. I learn while here, and I have fun. I don't like to fight. But I will give my opinion when I feel like it, and stay silent if I feel like it. I don't label people or act on some political party affiliation. I am me. You are you. Period.

My point is the media is selective, as are you, in their bullshit righteous indignation.

Ok.

I get indignant about rodeos. I am appalled at elephants forced to perform in circuses. I think bigots and racists are pond scum. I am entitled to my opinion as you are with your own.

Now I think I am done speaking with you because you are obnoxious. And I mean that in the nicest way. :lol:

She is a product of her environment. It is how she was raised and where she was raised and the values instilled in her during all her years in life. I agree with some of what she said...some I don't. Most I don't, actually. But...I'm not sure what is correct or fair any more. I got my ass handed to me for thinking "little ******* tap dancing" was bad...by a black guy no less...yet if I saw no problem with what she said, another black man or woman would call me a racist.

So...I think I will just say a nice polite "fuck you" to those who want to think of me however they want to think of me and stay being myself.:tongue:

paula-deen-2010-pic-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

When Paula Deen Tried To Cook A ‘Sambo Burger’ | TPMDC

Is Paula Deen playing with a full deck?

Totally unfair if you ask me...any scale, sense of history, or balance left? And our media suqs...lol

Who was that Repub that was supposed to answer for what was written on a rock near the entrance where he and his father went fishing when he was young? They wanted him held liable for that, despite the rock being painted over, then turned over. Totally unfar.

Totally unfair if you ask me...any scale, sense of history, or balance left? And our media suqs...lol

I think its bullshit. So she said '******' a few times. Big freaking deal. Those offended should suck it up and get the hell over it.

I find it pathetic that she gets so much flack for this, when a black person is allowed to call a white person all the names under the sun, but that never gets any media attention.

Reverse racism, obviously.

I think its bullshit. So she said '******' a few times. Big freaking deal. Those offended should suck it up and get the hell over it.

I find it pathetic that she gets so much flack for this, when a black person is allowed to call a white person all the names under the sun, but that never gets any media attention.

Reverse racism, obviously.

Hmm. You have a point there. I read somewhere that the Food Network channel has 57 caucasian cooks, 6 asian, 4 blacks...something like that. Not sure on the numbers, but it does seem strange they are a bit double standardized.

Oh, and I was offended (appalled) she said what she said about her brothers or sons wedding..I forget which...and the tap dancers. Already sucked it up and got over it becuase it's just too confusing on what is considered a NO to ...."those people". And even THAT is a no no. "Those people" are to be called Black. Not colored. Yet they have movies titled and directed and starred with blacks who see no problem with "colored". But some say it's racist.

If you are cacausian...you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. So I will just go with what I was taught as a child and what my gut tells me.

I've said it thousands of times. Should I say it, probably not , but as words don't mean a lot and some certainly clouds what I am angry about being the high crime rate and the high fatherless rate within the black community. Saying a stupid word does in fact hurt my case. Certainly...

Now should I be national news and tarred @ feathered in front of the entire fucking country? No...At least not within a nation that values freedom of speech.

Last edited:
A former employee, Lisa Jackson, alleged in a lawsuit that "In the presence of Ms. Jackson and Uncle Bubba's restaurant manager and a vendor, Bubba Hiers stated they should send President Obama to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico so he could n***er-rig it."[38][relevant? – discuss]

According to the court documents, the plaintiff stated that she was appointed by Deen to handle the catering and staff for Bubba's wedding in 2007, and she asked Deen what the servers should wear; "Well what I would really like is a bunch of little n***ers to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties, you know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around," the plaintiff alleged Deen told her. "Now, that would be a true Southern wedding wouldn't it? But we can't do that because the media would be on me about that."[38]

In her deposition for the suit, Deen stated that she has used the "N Word" at times, saying "Yes, of course." [39] As a result of the controversy, Food Network announced that it would not renew her contract when it expires at the end of June 2013.[40]

More: Paula Deen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paula's just an old-time racist - but a funny one. She would have been great on Amos 'n' Andy. Anyone old enough to remember Amos 'n' Andy?

Paula Deen was out to prove she wasn't a racist back in 2012 ... an she did so by bringing in her hard-to-see Black friend.

Paula was speaking with the New York Times ... and explained how her great-grandfather was devastated when the Civil War ended ... because he couldn't figure out how to run his plantation without "help" -- aka slaves.

Paula then plays show and tell with her friend, Hollis Johnson, who is "black as that board" (her words) while pointing to the background.

More w/VIDEO: Paula Deen -- Meet My Black Friend ... If You Can See Him! | TMZ.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back