Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paula's just an old-time racist - but a funny one. She would have been great on Amos 'n' Andy. Anyone old enough to remember Amos 'n' Andy?

Paula Dean is 66 years old. That means she was in her teens and 20s before segregation was ended. Everyone in the South used the word "******" while segregation was in force. Apparently anyone who was born in the South and is over 50 should lose their jobs.

Interesting. Anyone in their 50's or older and from the south should be expected to use these slurs as a matter of habit.

That isn't what I said, asshole. Anyone living in the South during segregation probably used them DURING SEGREGATION. It wasn't socially unacceptable. Why should anyone have their lives destroyed over behavior that was considered perfectly acceptable at the time it occured?

That clearly is not the case. What do you attribute this fact to?

I attribute your understanding of this issue to the fact that you're a fucking moron.

Any questions?

[And.....the company that fired her is a privately held organization. Why are you questioning their right to shitcan her ass? Are you suggesting some kind of government regulation or something?

Pretending your a stupid jackass doesn't make a good argument.

When is the last time this lovely woman called someone a ****** or referred to someone as a ******? Was it in the 1960's? Later? Has this been revealed?

Bri? Do you know?

Paula's just an old-time racist - but a funny one. She would have been great on Amos 'n' Andy. Anyone old enough to remember Amos 'n' Andy?

funny how you dont mention your racism LaKota......you sure avoided answering me when i questioned you about it....

When is the last time this lovely woman called someone a ****** or referred to someone as a ******? Was it in the 1960's? Later? Has this been revealed?

Bri? Do you know?

She must be apologizing for something.

Sorry, I'm always right and never lie...

30-40 days is different lol. I know that would ruin half the GOP...

in your world Franco maybe.....im sure you probably think your shit does not stink too....

The GOP is 90% white. They even attack the president's children, his wife, his aunt, his half brother, his dead grandparents and his dead mother.

After all that, what's a couple of words?

Words mean nothing unless you allow them to. You damn liberal democrats are the most uptight assholes I have ever seen. :cuckoo:

You are wrong about that, of course, about words intrinsically not having meaning unless they are endowed with such by the user. That's complete horse shit.

Liberal democrats or anyone else who uses such words are racist or nativist or ethnophobic.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm always right and never lie...

30-40 days is different lol. I know that would ruin half the GOP...

in your world Franco maybe.....im sure you probably think your shit does not stink too....

The GOP is 90% white. They even attack the president's children, his wife, his aunt, his half brother, his dead grandparents and his dead mother.

After all that, what's a couple of words?

and what does that have to do about what i said to Frankie?....

We believe that people should be punished for what they say, even if they said it 40 years ago.

Shoot, Katz, we punish people for what we say here on the Board.

The difference with PD is time. That anyone would be offended by her words said so many years ago is an idiot.

I'll be anxiously awaiting the day that you say something stupid (other than this post) so I can call for YOUR immediate termination.

lol. I am retired. I've said lots of stupid things...but not while I was employed, in public, around clients and customers. It's called tact. You know..that thing your parents supposedly are to teach their children? My dad taught me well.
And I have NEVER wanted a bunch of little ******* to tap dance for me. I am appalled at what she said. Appalled. You should be as well. Or do you want to be a big ****** and tap dance for her? See how horrible that sounds?? Do you see???

Again, and I hate to keep harping on this but it demonstrates the hypocrisy of the left so well.

Robert Byrd voted against the Civil Rights Act and was a known member and recruiter of the KKK. In 2001 he said '******' on live national television, and there wasn't a God damned PEEP from the left.

He was allowed to remain a respected Democrat Senator until he died and went to hell.

But these same people that were mute on Byrd's blatant use of the word, now demand Deen's head.

[ame=http://youtu.be/PnO6ai0Ktro]Senator Robert Byrd Says White ******* - YouTube[/ame]

-- and there it is. It was only a matter of time before somebody tried to fly the Byrd thinking it's got some sort of relevance here.

Using the non-renewal of a fucking television cook (read: entertainment program) as an entry point to make freaking political digs on a message board: priceless.

Partisan hack. This is exactly the kind of shit that makes meaningful discourse impossible.

I'll be anxiously awaiting the day that you say something stupid (other than this post) so I can call for YOUR immediate termination.

lol. I am retired. I've said lots of stupid things...but not while I was employed, in public, around clients and customers. It's called tact. You know..that thing your parents supposedly are to teach their children? My dad taught me well.
And I have NEVER wanted a bunch of little ******* to tap dance for me. I am appalled at what she said. Appalled. You should be as well. Or do you want to be a big ****** and tap dance for her? See how horrible that sounds?? Do you see???

Again, and I hate to keep harping on this but it demonstrates the hypocrisy of the left so well.

Robert Byrd voted against the Civil Rights Act and was a known member and recruiter of the KKK. In 2001 he said '******' on live national television, and there wasn't a God damned PEEP from the left.

He was allowed to remain a respected Democrat Senator until he died and went to hell.

But these same people that were mute on Byrd's blatant use of the word, now demand Deen's head.

I would hardly call Food network left. Paula Deen is getting support from both Blacks and Democrats.

I remember Amos 'n' Andy. They were white guys wearing make up early on.

I remember when "gay" meant happy so should everyone who said gay 40 years ago be punished as a homophobe today?

I remember Amos 'n' Andy. They were white guys wearing make up early on.

I remember when "gay" meant happy so should everyone who said gay 40 years ago be punished as a homophobe today?

Gay has never been a slur.

Bri? Do you know?

She must be apologizing for something.

I cannot presume to speak for Paula Dean's motives for such a desperate televised apology, but had I been in her shoes I would never have made such an apology. If I would have made one, it would have been simple, fast and without emotion. I know the thought of losing your job and possibly, livelihood are strong motivators to plead, so I do not judge her, and do wish her the best.

Only blacks can call blacks the N word and have it accepted. To me it is just another word and I don't live in fear of those who would persecute me, for something I said long ago and up to this day.

Personally I think she should have told the Food Network and all her critics over that to F.O. and then ask them if at any point in their life have they said anything that another would have found insulting or offensive I suspect no one can honestly say they haven't.

Yep. Didn't whole thing come out because she was answering questions in a court case?

My answer would have been simple..

"Yes, I called him a "******".

He stuck a gun in my face, what should I call him, Brother?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back