Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally unfair if you ask me...any scale, sense of history, or balance left? And our media suqs...lol

I RARELY (if EVER) agree with your nonsense, but in this case - I concur. Why the Food Network would can this lady for making a stupid statement 30-40 years ago (or even 30-40 DAYS ago) is ridiculous. This political correctness has gone insane. It's nearly as bad as the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany.

One simple slip of the tongue can instantly destroy a career (unless you are a rapper) even if that "slip" happened years ago.

I have to admit - sometimes you white folks blow my mind.

Rapper or liberal. White liberals can spew racist slurs at will with little to no media outrage.

Sorry, I'm always right and never lie...

30-40 days is different lol. I know that would ruin half the GOP...

Again, a point of strong disagreement. 30-40 days or 30-40 minutes should make no difference. We are all human and as such suffer from foot-in-mouth disease. Whites in America are held to a much different standard than any other group is. This must stop. Either we have free speech, or we don't.

If Paula dean said "******", then so be it. And anyone (regardless of color) who claims they have never used a pejorative is a liar. I spent many years in the South and graduated from the University of Louisville. I have heard both "******" and "cracker" as well as "spear-chucker" or "redneck" for the better part of my life. It's no big deal to me, a "******".

Words mean nothing unless you allow them to. You damn liberal democrats are the most uptight assholes I have ever seen. :cuckoo:

Paula wanted a bunch of "little *******" dressed up like Shirley Temple to tap dance at her son's wedding. Her words. Little *******. And this was RECENT..not 30 frigging years ago.

I'm glad they canned her sorry ass.

Paula wanted a bunch of "little *******" dressed up like Shirley Temple to tap dance at her son's wedding. Her words. Little *******. And this was RECENT..not 30 frigging years ago.

I'll be anxiously awaiting the day that you say something stupid (other than this post) so I can call for YOUR immediate termination.

Bill Maher Talks Paula Deen Controversy With 'Real Time' Panel, Defends Deen... Sort Of (VIDEO)

While it seems universally agreed that Paula Deen's admission of using racist language and, uh, party-planning is terrible, Bill Maher took a moment on "Real Time" to ask his panel an unpopular question: do people really need to "go away" for using that word?

The one black person on the panel said that yes, she does need to go away.

Today, a R (can't think of her name, Amy something, black woman) said that yes, she needs to go away.

My question is, was it really 40 years ago? I've read some news stories saying that she is just as racist now as she was then. Including the deplorable idea she had of having black waiters pretend to be slaves while they waited tables at her relative's wedding.

I didn't like her diabetic, coronary artery by-pass specials she called food so I haven't paid all that much attention to her until this.

Toxic food, toxic mouth but I don't think this will ruin her. In fact, racists are rushing out to buy her fatty food/cookbooks even as we speak.

:clap2:

I wish you would turn your rep thingy on. I'd be repping you all over the place.

I'll be anxiously awaiting the day that you say something stupid (other than this post) so I can call for YOUR immediate termination.

lol. I am retired. I've said lots of stupid things...but not while I was employed, in public, around clients and customers. It's called tact. You know..that thing your parents supposedly are to teach their children? My dad taught me well.
And I have NEVER wanted a bunch of little ******* to tap dance for me. I am appalled at what she said. Appalled. You should be as well. Or do you want to be a big ****** and tap dance for her? See how horrible that sounds?? Do you see???

lol. I am retired. I've said lots of stupid things...but not while I was employed, in public, around clients and customers. It's called tact. You know..that thing your parents supposedly are to teach their children? My dad taught me well.
And I have NEVER wanted a bunch of little ******* to tap dance for me. I am appalled at what she said. Appalled. You should be as well. Or do you want to be a big ****** and tap dance for her? See how horrible that sounds?? Do you see???

Again, and I hate to keep harping on this but it demonstrates the hypocrisy of the left so well.

Robert Byrd voted against the Civil Rights Act and was a known member and recruiter of the KKK. In 2001 he said '******' on live national television, and there wasn't a God damned PEEP from the left.

He was allowed to remain a respected Democrat Senator until he died and went to hell.

But these same people that were mute on Byrd's blatant use of the word, now demand Deen's head.

[ame=http://youtu.be/PnO6ai0Ktro]Senator Robert Byrd Says White ******* - YouTube[/ame]

So watcha saying cracka? that every whitey who opens they mouth at the wrong time ought be hung in the public square? Well Massa, I shore don't agree wiz you on dat.

Id say its a damn good thang that you retired. Youse useless.

Liberal piece of human excrement. You are appalled way to easily. Be careful what you say fool. Sooner or later your halo will fall off. Let's see how quickly YOU throw stones then. Recompense isn't in your vocabulary, is it?

Paula Deen was being extorted--plain and simple. And the woman, who was a manager at one of Deen's restaurants, wanted $1.2 million. Perhaps, she should have just paid the damn money, but she chose not to and for that she has to be wished away to the corn fields.

Meanwhile, the media can't even report the race of perpetuators of violent crimes.

So watcha saying cracka? that every whitey who opens they mouth at the wrong time ought be hung in the public square? Well Massa, I shore don't agree wiz you on dat.

Liberal piece of human excrement. You are appalled way to easily. Be careful what you say fool. Sooner or later your halo will fall off. Let's see how quickly YOU throw stones then. Recompense isn't in your vocabulary, is it?

Wow. Feel better, do you?

You are appalled, righteous indignation--oh, the humanity. As if you even understand the circumstances.

Again, Senator Byrd said ****** on live national television and he remained a Democrat Senator until he died--they literally were wheeling him half dead to vote in 2010.

He was a god damned former KKK member and voted against the Civil Rights Act.

Fucking Gore's father also voted against the Civil Rights Act, led the filibuster against it. Yet, Al Gore stood in front of the NAACP and LIED about his father's vote on it, AND WAS NEVER CALLED ON IT BY THE MEDIA OR THE NAACP.

Fucking hyprocrites, all of them..

Nope. I'm appalled that you're appalled that a simple slip of the tongue should cause a person to lose their livelihood and their reputation. This is why I despise you liberals. You sit in your ivory towers passing judgement on those with whom you disagree. You want them destroyed. You never take responsibility for your own foibles, insisting that you are somehow "better" than the average person. You are not. You are nothing more than pseudo-intellectual clowns telling the rest of us how we should conduct our lives, while excusing your own.

Go and pester someone else little horse fly.

"My commitment to civil rights is a deeply personal one. I watched my father when he was, a U.S. Senator from Tennessee, take courageous stands for civil rights. He opposed the poll tax in the 40s, and supported civil rights in the 50s, he supported voting rights in 1963, and was one of two Southern Senators to refuse to sign the hateful Southern Manifesto opposing integration in our schools. He lost his Senate seat because his [sic] stands" Al Gore 2000 in front of the NAACP

That is a fucking lie through and through. Had George Bush lied so blatantly about his father's voting record they would have crucified him.

You are appalled, righteous indignation--oh, the humanity. As if you even understand the circumstances.

Again, Senator Byrd said ****** on live national television and he remained a Democrat Senator until he died--they literally were wheeling him half dead to vote in 2010.

He was a god damned former KKK member and voted against the Civil Rights Act.

Fucking Gore's father also voted against the Civil Rights Act, led the filibuster against it. Yet, Al Gore stood in front of the NAACP and LIED about his father's vote on it, AND WAS NEVER CALLED ON IT BY THE MEDIA OR THE NAACP.

Fucking hyprocrites, all of them..

And that makes me "one of them" then? You know me that well? Gosh. I had no clue.

Nope. I'm appalled that you're appalled that a simple slip of the tongue should cause a person to lose their livelihood and their reputation. This is why I despise you liberals. You sit in your ivory towers passing judgement on those with whom you disagree. You want them destroyed. You never take responsibility for your own foibles, insisting that you are somehow "better" than the average person. You are not. You are nothing more than pseudo-intellectual clowns telling the rest of us how we should conduct our lives, while excusing your own.

What is a liberal? Do you know me? Do I know you? I'm sorry. I don't recognize you.
Personally, I am surprised at your response. And no. I will not go away. YOU go away if you don't like what I have to say.

What is a liberal? Do you know me? Do I know you? I'm sorry. I don't recognize you.
Personally, I am surprised at your response. And no. I will not go away. YOU go away if you don't like what I have to say.

I love how you won't address anything I post.

What do you want me to say? You already accused me of not speaking out against Byrd and have your mind set to place me neatly in a box with a label on it. Anything I say will not change your already made up mind.

Where was your righteous indignation when Byrd said ****** on national television? If you are so appalled at what Deen admitted she said, in a deposition of a lawsuit seeking $1.2 million from her, why are you no equally appalled that the DNC not only didn't fire Byrd, but allowed him to continue to serve for nine years after.

This man voted against the Civil Rights Act and was a former KKK member.
Did you, and please answer honestly, even know about this incident in 2001?

What do you want me to say? You already accused me of not speaking out against Byrd and have your mind set to place me neatly in a box with a label on it. Anything I say will not change your already made up mind.

An accusation? Call it a hunch, am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back