Should Dean's life be ruined for saying the N-word 30-40-50 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The double standard depends on your political affiliation. Former KKK member and democrat senator Robert Byrd said the N word right up until he died and lefties thought it was cute.

CaféAuLait;7419018 said:
Totally unfair if you ask me...any scale, sense of history, or balance left? And our media suqs...lol

No, it shouldn't, unless they still have such an attitude. Firing someone for a word uttered 40 years ago is past ridiculous in my opinion. I wonder though if there is more coming, some sort of proof to this lawsuit and Food Network is acting in accordance with information which has yet to be released.

I'm with you. The action by Food Network was absolutely asinine. Who released deposition testimony in an active case? Whoever did wanted to inflict a lot of damage and they succeeded. This is the kind of crap that keeps "race discrimination" on the front burner. How many white people bring suit against black people for doing the same thing day after day after day in their everyday speech, music, movies, etc.? Oh, that's right - if it's against whites it isn't discrimination - it's deserved. Bull feathers.

Whatever she was cooking has nothing to do with anything - no one is forced by her to eat any of the food. They should take their doctor's advice and don't do stupid things like eating crap that will kill them - or at least add to their woes.

She did it to herself with her apology. She should have just said she used the word but didn't mean anything by it. She could have said it is only a word and she would rather be judged by how she treated people then by a word that was popular back in the day. She could have said she doesn't use it today and that is the end of it.

No, she graveled and apologized making it look like she indeed meant malice.

The double standard depends on your political affiliation. Former KKK member and democrat senator Robert Byrd said the N word right up until he died and lefties thought it was cute.

Uh huh. And this is posted where again?

Deen catered a plantation themed wedding. Sofar we have not criminalized civil war reenactment. The wait staff was all black. Now 250 years ago they may have been slaves but at that wedding they were well paid professional servers.

How stupid are we going to get? Let's ban all that slave girl belly dancing stuff.

Deen catered a plantation themed wedding. Sofar we have not criminalized civil war reenactment. The wait staff was all black. Now 250 years ago they may have been slaves but at that wedding they were well paid professional servers.

How stupid are we going to get? Let's ban all that slave girl belly dancing stuff.

We're quickly becoming a very sick society. One that doesn't allow a opposing opinion and creates protected classes of people.

Why can't we get out of the past and look towards the future?

We're quickly becoming a very sick society. One that doesn't allow a opposing opinion and creates protected classes of people.

Maybe because racism continues to permeate our society...blatantly and subtly...

Maybe because racism continues to permeate our society...blatantly and subtly...

On both sides! Blacks don't want to use logic just demanding violence way to often out of hate.

I don't think being angry over high crime rates is racism. What ever you may think of the Trayvon case maybe, you'll have to admit that killing white people(3 of them) is what racism really is. Beating or killing someone for the color of their skin the last time I checked is racist. Right?

Words can be stupid but I don't think you should be fired for them 30 years later.(Not normally)

Last edited:
Blacks use these words all the fucking time and are allowed to be racist to whites???? Why should the media be allowed to destroy ones life over something said a long time ago???

WTF

Blacks don't use them as an insult Matthew. Play stupid if you like but we all know better.

You're a nice guy (I think) but you need to let that shit go. We are responsible for our own actions and words. Let others reap their own rewards.

Bill Maher Talks Paula Deen Controversy With 'Real Time' Panel, Defends Deen... Sort Of (VIDEO)

While it seems universally agreed that Paula Deen's admission of using racist language and, uh, party-planning is terrible, Bill Maher took a moment on "Real Time" to ask his panel an unpopular question: do people really need to "go away" for using that word?

The one black person on the panel said that yes, she does need to go away.

Today, a R (can't think of her name, Amy something, black woman) said that yes, she needs to go away.

My question is, was it really 40 years ago? I've read some news stories saying that she is just as racist now as she was then. Including the deplorable idea she had of having black waiters pretend to be slaves while they waited tables at her relative's wedding.

I didn't like her diabetic, coronary artery by-pass specials she called food so I haven't paid all that much attention to her until this.

Toxic food, toxic mouth but I don't think this will ruin her. In fact, racists are rushing out to buy her fatty food/cookbooks even as we speak.
You don't seem to be one of them, Mr. Neddite.

Bill Maher Talks Paula Deen Controversy With 'Real Time' Panel, Defends Deen... Sort Of (VIDEO)

While it seems universally agreed that Paula Deen's admission of using racist language and, uh, party-planning is terrible, Bill Maher took a moment on "Real Time" to ask his panel an unpopular question: do people really need to "go away" for using that word?

The one black person on the panel said that yes, she does need to go away.

Today, a R (can't think of her name, Amy something, black woman) said that yes, she needs to go away.

My question is, was it really 40 years ago? I've read some news stories saying that she is just as racist now as she was then. Including the deplorable idea she had of having black waiters pretend to be slaves while they waited tables at her relative's wedding.

I didn't like her diabetic, coronary artery by-pass specials she called food so I haven't paid all that much attention to her until this.

Toxic food, toxic mouth but I don't think this will ruin her. In fact, racists are rushing out to buy her fatty food/cookbooks even as we speak.

well being an Asshole doesn't seem to stop you....your still here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back