Should black people still be upset about slavery?

Maybe you don't understand linear time.
I've actually posted about Irish slaves sent by Cromwell's brother and how it's the basis for what is now the Jamaican accent in the past on this site. But that was the 17th century, in the Caribbean. I'm giving you the 1530s (16th century), here, before the English came.. And again, if you're talking "the Americas" outside what is now the US, all of them are trumped by Columbus, in the fifteenth cetury, capturing Indians, ordering them to go bring back gold and if they didn't, cutting off their hands. There was nobody here from Europe before that.

You need to aim just a wee bit higher for your sources than random videos on YouTube.
If merely taking a few people and holding them against their will consitutes "slavery in the US", then indians were the first people to have slaves. They often destroyed other tribes and took their women. Inidians were the first slaves and slave masters in the US. How despicable. I bet you often talk about how awful they are, because if you didnt, that would mean you are being intentionally biased.

Technically the first slaves to exist on these two continents would certainly have been Indians -- some tribes did, some did not (Indians" doesn't describe any kind of common anthropological culture). In the big picture Native Americans were enslaved by other Native Americans, Africans were enslaved by other Africans; Asians were enslaved by other Asians and Europeans by other Europeans.

But that wasn't the OP's question. He's speaking of the African slaves that were brought here by Europeans. And that means (first) the Spanish and Portuguese Atlantic slave traders, followed by the English, French and Dutch. That -- the intercontinental shipping of slaves -- was a new concept. It had never been done before, and it took a whole new deeper form where instead of indentured servitude like the Irish, where one "worked off" one's bondage and achieved freedom, Africans were enslaved for life, by virtue of their different skin and "sold" as a special inferior class of sub-human. This was the invention of racism.
You still did not reply to the OP's question.
Do blacks STILL have the right to be angry about slavery?

I addressed that in my first post here (3) before you tried to carry us off to white slavery with a YouTube video.

You might want to go back and re-read your comment because NO you did not. It started off "I don't think" but there was NO direct reply to the question as in yes or no.

I don't need to re-read shit; I was posting my view, which must be a statement of what I think. To state "yes" or "no" directly would be arrogant. Even if I were black, to pretend my view represented everybody in "my people" would be fallacious, presumptuous and similarly arrogant. I just don't swing that way.

If merely taking a few people and holding them against their will consitutes "slavery in the US", then indians were the first people to have slaves. They often destroyed other tribes and took their women. Inidians were the first slaves and slave masters in the US. How despicable. I bet you often talk about how awful they are, because if you didnt, that would mean you are being intentionally biased.

Technically the first slaves to exist on these two continents would certainly have been Indians -- some tribes did, some did not (Indians" doesn't describe any kind of common anthropological culture). In the big picture Native Americans were enslaved by other Native Americans, Africans were enslaved by other Africans; Asians were enslaved by other Asians and Europeans by other Europeans.

But that wasn't the OP's question. He's speaking of the African slaves that were brought here by Europeans. And that means (first) the Spanish and Portuguese Atlantic slave traders, followed by the English, French and Dutch. That -- the intercontinental shipping of slaves -- was a new concept. It had never been done before, and it took a whole new deeper form where instead of indentured servitude like the Irish, where one "worked off" one's bondage and achieved freedom, Africans were enslaved for life, by virtue of their different skin and "sold" as a special inferior class of sub-human. This was the invention of racism.

I addressed that in my first post here (3) before you tried to carry us off to white slavery with a YouTube video.

You might want to go back and re-read your comment because NO you did not. It started off "I don't think" but there was NO direct reply to the question as in yes or no.

I don't need to re-read shit; I was posting my view, which must be a statement of what I think. To state "yes" or "no" directly would be arrogant. Even if I were black, to pretend my view represented everybody in "my people" would be fallacious, presumptuous and similarly arrogant. I just don't swing that way.
NO ONE asked you to speak for everybody. The OP asked you to speak for YOURSELF.

NO ONE asked you to speak for everybody. The OP asked you to speak for YOURSELF.

And that's what I did, because that's exactly what "I think" means, Einstein.

No, they should not be angry. No living person was in any way involved in those slave trades, on either side. White people today owe the black community absolutely nothing, nor do they owe the white community.

What the black community should be mad at is the Obama administration and the DHS/Welfare Departments for essentially holding them back by making government "assistance" so readily and easily available to them which actually serves to keep them poor. Not to mention our government and media outlets seem intent on driving a wedge between all races, at any cost. (united we stand, divided we fall) It's easier for them to control us if we are to busy squabbling with each other to actually pay good attention to whats really happening out there.
I can't believe mf (my friend) SJ hasn't taken you to task for your attempt to portray the entire Black community as poor and hooked on welfare. That is a lie. SJ knows that is not true after all the times I have schooled him on that topic but he still does nothing to counter the same lies from ignorant people like you. Sure, the statistics generated in White think tanks indicate that 39.8% of welfare recipients for a given year were Black and since Blacks make up only about 14% of the population the incidence of blacks on welfare is disproportionate. Well, ok, out of a population of about 35 million Blacks how many are on welfare? Lets get busy and figure this out in RAW numbers

The 39.8% of Blacks on welfare comes out to about 4 1/2 million people. Since there are about 35 million Blacks, more than 30.5 million are NOT on the welfare rolls. But from what we are seeing and hearing all over the Internet and in the media, one would think the figures were reversed.

There are over 7 million non Blacks on welfare including 38.8% White poor. Where is the concern for them?
Rather than singling Blacks out as the face of welfare due to a disproportional impact Time would be better spent addressing the causal effects of poverty in the USA period!

He's afraid to commit and be tied down to one side or the other. So he waffles.

IMO Blacks use slavery to justify their hatred toward whites. They will always harbor resentment toward whites no amount of reparations would stop that.

The question , should they still be upset? No they shouldn't. But they will because they have to.

No, they should not be angry. No living person was in any way involved in those slave trades, on either side. White people today owe the black community absolutely nothing, nor do they owe the white community.

What the black community should be mad at is the Obama administration and the DHS/Welfare Departments for essentially holding them back by making government "assistance" so readily and easily available to them which actually serves to keep them poor. Not to mention our government and media outlets seem intent on driving a wedge between all races, at any cost. (united we stand, divided we fall) It's easier for them to control us if we are to busy squabbling with each other to actually pay good attention to whats really happening out there.
I can't believe mf (my friend) SJ hasn't taken you to task for your attempt to portray the entire Black community as poor and hooked on welfare. That is a lie. SJ knows that is not true after all the times I have schooled him on that topic but he still does nothing to counter the same lies from ignorant people like you. Sure, the statistics generated in White think tanks indicate that 39.8% of welfare recipients for a given year were Black and since Blacks make up only about 14% of the population the incidence of blacks on welfare is disproportionate. Well, ok, out of a population of about 35 million Blacks how many are on welfare? Lets get busy and figure this out in RAW numbers

The 39.8% of Blacks on welfare comes out to about 4 1/2 million people. Since there are about 35 million Blacks, more than 30.5 million are NOT on the welfare rolls. But from what we are seeing and hearing all over the Internet and in the media, one would think the figures were reversed.

There are over 7 million non Blacks on welfare including 38.8% White poor. Where is the concern for them?
Rather than singling Blacks out as the face of welfare due to a disproportional impact Time would be better spent addressing the causal effects of poverty in the USA period!

Well said. That's what I was referring to from the start. As for SJ, this is a guy who called me "racist" for quoting TV audience demographics that noted Fox Noise's is mostly white, so there's the depth of his intellectual ocean pool puddle wet spot.

IMO Blacks use slavery to justify their hatred toward whites. They will always harbor resentment toward whites no amount of reparations would stop that.

The question , should they still be upset? No they shouldn't. But they will because they have to.

What the flying FUCK dood?? I was the first one to offer any comment at all, while your wangly ass was watching. And I went into way more historical context than anybody else, certainly more than your lazy dismissive wankjob here. You gave none whatsoever.

What did you do, post when a commercial came on? Don't break a brain sweat or anything -- you might pull a muscle.

Meanwhile boldface-boy you're circle jerking with came running in going "hey, looka me!! White slaves! White slaves! I found a YouTube video!" So don't come oozing in here telling ME I didn't answer the question, ya lazy ass FUCK.

Last edited:

What the flying FUCK dood?? I was the first one to offer any comment at all, while your wangly ass was watching. And I went into way more historical context than anybody else, certainly more than your lazy dismissive wankjob here. You gave none whatsoever.

What did you do, post when a commercial came on? Don't break a brain sweat or anything -- you might pull a muscle.

Meanwhile boldface-boy you're circle jerking with came running in going "hey, looka me!! White slaves! White slaves! I found a YouTube video!" So don't come oozing in here telling ME I didn't answer the question, ya lazy ass FUCK.

So is your answer yes or no?

BTW I have this little thing called a "job", so I don't just sit here and opine on USMB all day.

Your personal attacks indicate I struck a nerve.

BTW I have this little thing called a "job", so I don't just sit here and opine on USMB all day.

I don't do watered-down bite-size fast food superficial crapola posts, numnuts. I've got at least half a dozen posts back there; if you want to know what I think, go fucking read them whenevrer you have time but don't sit on this board and tell me they're not there, wanker.

I don't do watered-down bite-size fast food superficial crapola posts, numnuts. I've got at least half a dozen posts back there; if you want to know what I think, go fucking read them whenevrer you have time but don't sit on this board and tell me they're not there, wanker.

I read all your post and you haven't stated equivocally one way or the other. A simple yes or no is all that is asked.

I read all your post and you haven't stated equivocally one way or the other. A simple yes or no is all that is asked.

Bullshit. I was the FIRST to answer it. Post 3. And then it goes on to background. You know -- what you DIDN'T do. Learn to read.
And learn to write while you're at it, for it's true I haven't stated equivocally -- I stated UNequivocally. Illiterate hack.

Trust me, those numbers and failure are nothing to brag about. It really is that simple.

Bullshit. I was the FIRST to answer it. Post 3. And then it goes on to background. You know -- what you DIDN'T do. Learn to read.
And learn to write while you're at it, for it's true I haven't stated equivocally -- I stated UNequivocally. Illiterate hack.

Yes or no?

I see a lot of black activists just expressing their hate for the people who partaken in the slave trade. Only online though, never in person.

I m not even white! I know the Americas slave trade a.k.a the Atlantic Slave trade is well known!

I m Egyptian (Arab) and Arabs had something called the Arab Slave trade.

I ve seen quite a few people express their hatred towards Arabs and Whites for slavery! I m not writing this question with a bias mindset. I m truly open for discussion and insight.

But in MY very own opinion... I don t think they should still be made about the two slave trades. Of course the slave trades should not be forgotten. The victims/slaves deserve sympathy plus there s a great saying "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it"

But black people of today didn t suffer like those slaves. Whites and Arabs today didn t partake in slavery either.

Black people today are quite free. I think they should enjoy their lives and/or fight the injustice of the present not the past.

What s your opinion?

and please no hate, towards me or black people. I m just curious if others think they have a right to still be upset about the past! that s all xx
I'm Black and I'm not upset about slavery. Its done and over with. Do Black people have the right to be upset? Of course they do and no white boy nor white arab can tell them any different. White boys and white arabs are not the ones that had out rights to do anything. Just because you are free doesnt mean you cant look around and see the effects of slavery still very much evident in the Black ghettos across america.

Leave it to lonely star to lower the collective IQ in the thread. :laugh:

Yes or no?

Learn to read, fucknuts. I'm not retyping the whole thing because you need somebody to hold your hand.

I see a lot of black activists just expressing their hate for the people who partaken in the slave trade. Only online though, never in person.

I m not even white! I know the Americas slave trade a.k.a the Atlantic Slave trade is well known!

I m Egyptian (Arab) and Arabs had something called the Arab Slave trade.

I ve seen quite a few people express their hatred towards Arabs and Whites for slavery! I m not writing this question with a bias mindset. I m truly open for discussion and insight.

But in MY very own opinion... I don t think they should still be made about the two slave trades. Of course the slave trades should not be forgotten. The victims/slaves deserve sympathy plus there s a great saying "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it"

But black people of today didn t suffer like those slaves. Whites and Arabs today didn t partake in slavery either.

Black people today are quite free. I think they should enjoy their lives and/or fight the injustice of the present not the past.

What s your opinion?

and please no hate, towards me or black people. I m just curious if others think they have a right to still be upset about the past! that s all xx
I'm Black and I'm not upset about slavery. Its done and over with. Do Black people have the right to be upset? Of course they do and no white boy nor white arab can tell them any different. White boys and white arabs are not the ones that had out rights to do anything. Just because you are free doesnt mean you cant look around and see the effects of slavery still very much evident in the Black ghettos across america.

That's what I said in post 3. I must have used big words. Too big for Texans.

Trust me, those numbers and failure are nothing to brag about. It really is that simple.
Its amusing how lowly white vermin such as yourself feel the need to put down Blacks. Just remember that inspite of everything our people have been through we are still here and restoring our amazing legacy. I love us.

m

Its amusing how lowly white vermin such as yourself feel the need to put down Blacks. Just remember that inspite of everything our people have been through we are still here and restoring our amazing legacy. I love us.
The legacy of your blacks enslaving your ancestors is something to celebrate?

Cool, I feel another great jungle bunny civilization story coming on. Go at it Uncle Remus!

Forum List

Back