Separation of Church and Hate

Smartt: Evolution is not provable either. It has not been proven. It is as much faith and guessing as any Creation is.

There's no faith or guessing, there's genetics and fossil records that offer large support for evolution. What does creationism have? ... Nothing, a big fat nothing.

Except all sorts of validation of the biblical record...compared to zero validation of the theory that we emerged from amoebas.

The Bible is not science, and even if it made some accurate predictions that does not make every single bit of it factual. But I ask again what evidence is there of creationism?

There's no faith or guessing, there's genetics and fossil records that offer large support for evolution. What does creationism have? ... Nothing, a big fat nothing.

Except all sorts of validation of the biblical record...compared to zero validation of the theory that we emerged from amoebas.

The Bible is not science, and even if it made some accurate predictions that does not make every single bit of it factual. But I ask again what evidence is there of creationism?

They aren't predictions, all of it was written after the fact.

The problem is that Gregory A. Boyd is not a "conservative Evangelical". He is an Evangelical, but he is fairly liberal.

So, what you essentially have is a liberal news paper, citing a liberal, in order to criticize conservatives. It's really pathetic.

And I think Gregory is short sited, if you read his biography he supports the idea that the Kingdom of God looks like Christ, so basically the more you act like in the Bible the more Christ like etc...he claims "not tainted by the political ideologies" of your worldview.

Well what if, rather, your world view is entirely shaped by your piety (reading the Bible) and thus you vote based on that? Because that's what Conservative Evangelicals do. Christians ought not interpret the Bible as they want to see it, but let it reveal itself to them, and then act upon that. If that action is in the form of Republicans then so be it.

Just what I expected, no answer. Lame. You use that as your supposed reason for opposing religion when in fact you simply oppose it and want to force your beliefs on others by doing as much as possible to curtail their freedom to religiously express themselves.

I did give you an answer, asshole. It's just not the one you wanted to hear. I never said there are laws imposing religion on anyone (and you ignored my challenge to produce a quote where I did) so you're playing the strawman game again. That is the tool of cowards and you are certainly one of those, kid.

Whenever religion is being legislated and forced on you, then maybe you can open your mouth, until then you have nothing

Why don't we talk about the dozens of attempts by school boards and state boards of education to impose religion on public school students by forcing creationism on them? Why do you ignore that?

Smartt: There are atrempts from both sids to make laws that effect others in a negative way.

Demanding religious neutrality is not violating any of your rights. Why do you folks have such a problem with respecting the rights of others while demanding special privileges for yourselves??

However, You don't seem to think that any of these on the left side are imposing upon those who are against them. A little biased in my opinion. There is a lot od science involved in the study of creation, and just lije evolution, there is a lot of faith and guessing. There is as much guessing on one side as the other.

BULLSHIT. You should brush up on your science before you make yourself look foolish.

So If we are "imposing or forcing" religion on anyone by attempting or actually getting creation taught in the schools, you are imposing or forcing the prohibition of religion on us. It works both ways if you want to say it works one way.

The prohibition of religion is only in a government setting and it does not only affect Christians. No one is allowed to have the government promote their religion. Get it?

Last edited:
Smartt: There are atrempts from both sids to make laws that effect others in a negative way. However, You don't seem to think that any of these on the left side are imposing upon those who are against them. A little biased in my opinion. There is a lot od science involved in the study of creation, and just lije evolution, there is a lot of faith and guessing. There is as much guessing on one side as the other. So If we are "imposing or forcing" religion on anyone by attempting or actually getting creation taught in the schools, you are imposing or forcing the prohibition of religion on us. It works both ways if you want to say it works one way.

How is asking for more "separation of church and state" enforcing any religious belief on anyone?

Smartt: The science of creation is not religion, it is science. If evolution is taught as more than a science, by saying that creation is an impossibility, it lies, and becomes anti-religion. Illegal!

Nonsense. First of all, the Courts have declared that creationism/ID are religion, not science. What creationists present as science is nothing of the sort, just more half truths, smoke and mirrors to avoid admitting what we know is true.

Smartt: Evolution is not provable either. It has not been proven. It is as much faith and guessing as any Creation is.

This is the telltale sign that the poster has no idea what he/she is talking about and misunderstands what a scientific theory is. How can you people even attempt to debate science when you obviously know nothing about it? Perhaps you have a high threshold for embarrassment?

Just what I expected, no answer. Lame. You use that as your supposed reason for opposing religion when in fact you simply oppose it and want to force your beliefs on others by doing as much as possible to curtail their freedom to religiously express themselves.

I did give you an answer, asshole. It's just not the one you wanted to hear. I never said there are laws imposing religion on anyone (and you ignored my challenge to produce a quote where I did) so you're playing the strawman game again. That is the tool of cowards and you are certainly one of those, kid.

Whenever religion is being legislated and forced on you, then maybe you can open your mouth, until then you have nothing

Why don't we talk about the dozens of attempts by school boards and state boards of education to impose religion on public school students by forcing creationism on them? Why do you ignore that?

Okay, let's see all of these 'attempts' then?

Read up on the trial in Dover, PA concerning the teaching of creationism/ID in the public schools there. Fortunately, there were enough real scientists present to show what a scam creationism is and the creationism movement suffered an embarrassing loss. There are many more cases across the country where creationists are attempting to force religion on public school students and they're not being successful.

Okay, let's see all of these 'attempts' then?

Read up on the trial in Dover, PA concerning the teaching of creationism/ID in the public schools there. Fortunately, there were enough real scientists present to show what a scam creationism is and the creationism movement suffered an embarrassing loss. There are many more cases across the country where creationists are attempting to force religion on public school students and they're not being successful.

To put it mildly. Personally, I think they're getting their butts kicked, but the creationist crowd isn't about to admit THAT publicly.

Forum List

Back