Sen. Booker Attacked by Bigots, For Opposing the Appointment of a Bigot as Secretary of State

Ah yes, I anticipated this. You people will try anything to avoid the actual issue.

There is no issue to avoid. The whole of your OP was to condemn a man for holding to decent moral values, and to cite a couple of openly pro-faggot sites to back up your condemnation.

Yes, by now, we all know how much you despise any kind of decent moral standards, and how much you hate those of us who hold to them.

Your bigotry, your perversion, your utter hatred, your outright evil, is not an issue that any of the rest of us have any obligation to address in any manner that would satisfy you.

upload_2018-4-24_4-25-26.png

First, let’s establish the fact that Mike Pompeo is an anti-gay bigot:
First, let's not. I'd say, rather than bigotry, Pompeo's words reflect just plain, ordinary common sense. Good for him.
Bigots stick together.
Homos stick together. Literally. Like glue.

There is though a difference between normal Gays and Lesbians and the fanatical, bigoted and intolerant LGBTQ Crowd.

https://www.glaad.org/tap/mike-pompeo

-- Opposed repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, suggesting that "when you enter the army you give up a few of your rights." Also said of DADT repeal, "we cannot use military to promote social ideas that do not reflect the values of our nation."

-- Decried the US Supreme Court's 2015 ruling granting marriage equality to all fifty states as "a shocking abuse of power" that "flies in the face of centuries of shared understanding of our Constitution."

-- Has vowed to continue his fight abortion, marriage equality, and related matters "each and every day": "As a Kansan, I hold a deep reverence for the sanctity of life, the solidarity of family, and the solemnity of marriage. I will continue the fight to uphold these fundamental ideals each and every day. I am, and always will be, pro-life and will defend life from conception to natural death. I will continue to oppose any taxpayer funding for abortion. I also fully support the traditional institution of marriage. Strong families are the most important building block of our Republic, and we must preserve them for the sake of our community and our culture."

-- Co-sponsored two bills, the State Marriage Defense Act and the Marriage and Religious Freedom Act, both designed to undermine the effects of court rulings on marriage equality.

-- Denounced the Supreme Court rulings that struck down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and California's Proposition 8 as "both sad and counter to the most profound tradition of o
ur great nation."

There is much more but you get the idea. In todays news there is this:

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/04/23/democratic-senator-cory-booker-smear-campaign/

I find it hard to believe that the National Organization for (heterosexual only) Marriage is still in existence after their humiliating defeat on the issue…..but sadly, they are.

Earlier this month, Democratic Senator Cory Booker challenged former GOP Congressman Mike Pompeo over his anti-LGBT views following his nomination to the State Department, where he would control any future work on global LGBT rights.

Citing Pompeo’s past record during a Senate committee, Booker asked: “You made a speech warning [against] an America that endorses a perversion and calls it an alternative lifestyle. Those are your words. Is being gay a perversion?”

Pompeo would only specify that he “stands by” his “very clear view on whether it was appropriate for two same-sex persons to marry,” though Booker’s question referred to his beliefs about gay people’s rights and not specifically same-sex marriage.

But here is the real kick in the head. It shows the desperation, or perhaps the stupidity of the religious right who insist on conflating the opposition to hate and bigotry to being anti-Christian:

Following the spat, anti-LGBT activists have now launched a fully-fledged smear campaign against Booker, who was branded an “anti-Christian bigot” in the aftermath of the spat.

Fringe anti-gay group the National Organization for Marriage is behind a Booker Bans Believers campaign – with a newly-launched website suggesting that the Democrat wants to ban the Bible.

Are these people so stupid to believe, or perhaps so dishonest,as to portray the issue as Christians vs. LGBT and their advocates? Do they not know that many LGBT people and their advocates are in fact Christian? Do they not know that many Christian denominations, and individuals support LGBT causes?

Real Christians are opposed to hate and discrimination. Booker is not attacking religious liberty as they allege. He is exercising his legal authority and moral right to oppose a nominee for a crucial cabinmate post based on clearly disqualifying concerns. Claiming that Booker wants to “ban the bible” is a dangerous combination of stupid, crazy, and dishonesty wrapped in desperation and irrational fear.

Sadly, it appears that as of tonight, Pompeo will be confirmed. God help the United States of America

I don't share Pompeo's views on homosexuals, but I don't buy that he's a bigot. Let's be real, the left accuses anyone who disagrees with them of being bigots or racists. The left accuses anyone who support enforcing immigration laws as being a xenophobe. I don't share your view that Pompeo should be ineligible to be SOS because he doesn't support gay marriage. Guys like you want to ban everyone from society that doesn't goose step to your every whim. You're intolerant.

He will clearly allow his views to influence policy and that is unacceptable. As a public servant, he must be objective and consistent.

Basically, anyone who doesn't think like you shouldn't be allowed to work. If a renowned brain surgeon spoke in favor of traditional marriage, you'd be calling for his head and demand that he be fired.

Odd that their gal Hillary had no troubke accepting tens of millions from countries who kill homosexuals, and not a fucking peep from Corey or the OP

So, his view on gays is the same President Bill Clinton's was.
Really? Bullshit!!

Is that a joke?

The same view as barak obama, until obama didn't need to get elected again...
If you had read Obama's biography by David Axelrod, you would know that he was never really opposed to same sex marriage. However, he was politically savvy enough to know that coming out as pro gay marriage in 2008 would be political suicide. You can call it dishonest if you want, but I believe that it was justified and necessary to get into the white house in order to achieve a greater good.

So, he was supporting what he considered a bigoted position, for political reasons, so that he could pander to the bigoted voters.

And you support him on that.

Incredible.

Leftists are total bigots and they are the most intolerant of intolerant, they are basically the purest type of Fascist and given the chance they will demand that ANYONE who does not agree with them are murdered, this is why they have to be stopped, they are only a few steps away from literally demanding that entire groups of people who disagree with them are just rounded up and murdered and if they say they are not don't listen to their denials.

-- Opposed repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, suggesting that "when you enter the army you give up a few of your rights." Also said of DADT repeal, "we cannot use military to promote social ideas that do not reflect the values of our nation."

-- Decried the US Supreme Court's 2015 ruling granting marriage equality to all fifty states as "a shocking abuse of power" that "flies in the face of centuries of shared understanding of our Constitution."

-- Has vowed to continue his fight abortion, marriage equality, and related matters "each and every day": "As a Kansan, I hold a deep reverence for the sanctity of life, the solidarity of family, and the solemnity of marriage. I will continue the fight to uphold these fundamental ideals each and every day. I am, and always will be, pro-life and will defend life from conception to natural death. I will continue to oppose any taxpayer funding for abortion. I also fully support the traditional institution of marriage. Strong families are the most important building block of our Republic, and we must preserve them for the sake of our community and our culture."

-- Co-sponsored two bills, the State Marriage Defense Act and the Marriage and Religious Freedom Act, both designed to undermine the effects of court rulings on marriage equality.

-- Denounced the Supreme Court rulings that struck down the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and California's Proposition 8 as "both sad and counter to the most profound tradition of o
ur great nation."

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/04/23/democratic-senator-cory-booker-smear-campaign/

I find it hard to believe that the National Organization for (heterosexual only) Marriage is still in existence after their humiliating defeat on the issue…..but sadly, they are.

Earlier this month, Democratic Senator Cory Booker challenged former GOP Congressman Mike Pompeo over his anti-LGBT views following his nomination to the State Department, where he would control any future work on global LGBT rights.

Citing Pompeo’s past record during a Senate committee, Booker asked: “You made a speech warning [against] an America that endorses a perversion and calls it an alternative lifestyle. Those are your words. Is being gay a perversion?”

Pompeo would only specify that he “stands by” his “very clear view on whether it was appropriate for two same-sex persons to marry,” though Booker’s question referred to his beliefs about gay people’s rights and not specifically same-sex marriage.

But here is the real kick in the head. It shows the desperation, or perhaps the stupidity of the religious right who insist on conflating the opposition to hate and bigotry to being anti-Christian:

Following the spat, anti-LGBT activists have now launched a fully-fledged smear campaign against Booker, who was branded an “anti-Christian bigot” in the aftermath of the spat.

Fringe anti-gay group the National Organization for Marriage is behind a Booker Bans Believers campaign – with a newly-launched website suggesting that the Democrat wants to ban the Bible.

Are these people so stupid to believe, or perhaps so dishonest,as to portray the issue as Christians vs. LGBT and their advocates? Do they not know that many LGBT people and their advocates are in fact Christian? Do they not know that many Christian denominations, and individuals support LGBT causes?

Real Christians are opposed to hate and discrimination. Booker is not attacking religious liberty as they allege. He is exercising his legal authority and moral right to oppose a nominee for a crucial cabinmate post based on clearly disqualifying concerns. Claiming that Booker wants to “ban the bible” is a dangerous combination of stupid, crazy, and dishonesty wrapped in desperation and irrational fear.

Sadly, it appears that as of tonight, Pompeo will be confirmed. God help the United States of America

If this nomination has TheRegressiveTraitor squealing about it, we know it’s a good thing for the country.

ur great nation."

Trump could appoint Mother Theresa to a post and you would throw a temper tantrum. Anti Christian bigotry on parade.

ur great nation."

Trump could appoint Mother Theresa to a post and you would throw a temper tantrum. Anti Christian bigotry on parade.
The work of Roman Catholic nun, missionary, and saint Mother Teresa received mixed reactions from prominent people, governments and organizations. Her practices and those of the Missionaries of Charity, the order she founded, were subject to numerous controversies. These include objections to the quality of medical care they provided, suggestions that some deathbed baptisms constituted forced conversion, and alleged links to colonialism and racism. Teresa received extensive media coverage, and some critics suggest that the Church used her image to promote Catholicism and to distract from ecclesiastical scandals. Criticism of Mother Teresa - Wikipedia

The same view as barak obama, until obama didn't need to get elected again...
If you had read Obama's biography by David Axelrod, you would know that he was never really opposed to same sex marriage. However, he was politically savvy enough to know that coming out as pro gay marriage in 2008 would be political suicide. You can call it dishonest if you want, but I believe that it was justified and necessary to get into the white house in order to achieve a greater good.

So, he was supporting what he considered a bigoted position, for political reasons, so that he could pander to the bigoted voters.

And you support him on that.

Incredible.

Leftists are total bigots and they are the most intolerant of intolerant, they are basically the purest type of Fascist and given the chance they will demand that ANYONE who does not agree with them are murdered, this is why they have to be stopped, they are only a few steps away from literally demanding that entire groups of people who disagree with them are just rounded up and murdered and if they say they are not don't listen to their denials.
Get a grip Lucy. You're embarrassing yourself.:aug08_031::aug08_031::aug08_031:

Forum List

Back