Secret Societies - Hows, Whos and when's and how to get me banned.

A PERSONAL WORD FROM JIM
As this true story is closed, I would be greatly remiss if I did not make it clear that in my pre-Christian life I truly loved Freemasonry. I loved the men with whom I was associated in the Lodge and the men with whom I worked so hard in the degrees and bodies of the Scottish Rite. Most of all, I was so very sure that I was doing what was right and pleasing in the sight of the Great Architect of the Universe.

Never in all my years of dedicated service to Masonry did anyone in the Lodge witness to me about the love and saving grace of Jesus. The Lodge attended a church once each year as a group. Each time the pastor (who was himself a Mason) would introduce us to the congregation and then exalt the Craft, telling them about all our wonderful works. We usually left the church thinking of how wonderful we were and feeling sorry for all those in the church who were not Masons, participating in all our good deeds.

After having been witnessed to by my ophthalmologist for some time I read those simple, wonderful words of Jesus, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life." These words, so short and so sweet, went right through my heart. I looked in the Bible for more and I found blessed assurance everywhere I looked. Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, really loved me as a real Brother! He will do the same for you.

- Jim Shaw 33rd Degree Freemason Initiation - Deadly Deception, Jim Shaw, 33rd Degree

A PERSONAL WORD FROM JIM
As this true story is closed, I would be greatly remiss if I did not make it clear that in my pre-Christian life I truly loved Freemasonry. I loved the men with whom I was associated in the Lodge and the men with whom I worked so hard in the degrees and bodies of the Scottish Rite. Most of all, I was so very sure that I was doing what was right and pleasing in the sight of the Great Architect of the Universe.

Never in all my years of dedicated service to Masonry did anyone in the Lodge witness to me about the love and saving grace of Jesus. The Lodge attended a church once each year as a group. Each time the pastor (who was himself a Mason) would introduce us to the congregation and then exalt the Craft, telling them about all our wonderful works. We usually left the church thinking of how wonderful we were and feeling sorry for all those in the church who were not Masons, participating in all our good deeds.

After having been witnessed to by my ophthalmologist for some time I read those simple, wonderful words of Jesus, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life." These words, so short and so sweet, went right through my heart. I looked in the Bible for more and I found blessed assurance everywhere I looked. Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, really loved me as a real Brother! He will do the same for you.

- Jim Shaw 33rd Degree Freemason Initiation - Deadly Deception, Jim Shaw, 33rd Degree

One more time. We are not a religious organization, simply one that is religious in nature. We are not a church, therefore we wouldn't talk about Jesus would we? If Mr. Shaw was looking for salvation in the Lodge, then we was sadly looking in the wrong place. Two things are forbidden for converstaion within the walls of any given Lodge. They are religion and politics. We are men of all faiths. We seek all knowledge, in order to become better men for it.

Mr. Shaw's story is nothing more than that was dissapointed for not finding what he was looking in place that it never was.

Anything else all knowing one? Here is anoth site you can pull this bullshit propaganda from.

Freemasonry Watch - Is the Devil in the details?

We don't worship anyone at our Lodge or Temples.
so it is a place to worship man ?
So what part of "DON'T WORSHIP ANYONE" don't you get?

2 a: one having authority over another : ruler , governor b: one that conquers or masters : victor , superior
Pronunciation: \ˈmas-tər\
Yes, I guess if you dissect the words, it would be a respectful ruler. What is so wrong with that? Most efficient organizations have a ruler and a title.

is it a lodge now..you refer to it as a temple in other post ?
The Lodge is place for Masons to meet and consists of the principle degrees. A Lodge is usually housed in a Temple.

tem·ple 1 (tmpl)
n.

4. A building reserved for a highly valued function: the library, a temple of learning.

so no ceremony of a spiritual nature takes place in these temples ?
Again, you should really learn to read, especially your own posts. There is nothing spiritual about a library.

that couldn't be any more false..even if you don't know it..
And you know it?

so it would be fundamentally opposed to the gospel then ..would it not ?
How would it be?

or..I have the deceptive words of a serpents tongue
So then you are the Devil?

what is the average age of the free masons now? they are slowly dying out..
Nah. It comes and goes in waves. There are slow years and years where membership spikes.

I am sure you are a well meaning person that belive's.. he is... and is .on some level doing good
We don't just believe, we know.

A PERSONAL WORD FROM JIM.
Talk about a misguided soul who missed entirely the point of the Craft.

As for Jim, you should have remembered that you are not to talk about religion or politics while in Lodge. In disrupts peace and harmony

Ceremony of a spiritual nature is not worship.

is that like.. I never had sex with that woman...it was just you know....
of a sexual...nature

the only requirements for being a Mason are being a man, free born, and have a belief in a supreme being. It is an organization built on faith, but not of faith.

that my friend... is fundamentally opposed to Christianity...

that my friend... is fundamentally opposed to Christianity...

How so? The Masonic Lodge is in the business of charity. The Church(insert denomination here) is in the business of salvation. The are not mutually inclusive. You would have a case if Freemasonry were a religion, but is not and you argument fails. Dismissed.

re·li·gion (r-ljn)
n.
a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

spir·i·tu·al (spr-ch-l)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, consisting of, or having the nature of spirit; not tangible or material. See Synonyms at immaterial.
2. Of, concerned with, or affecting the soul.
3. Of, from, or relating to God; deific.
4. Of or belonging to a church or religion; sacred.
5. Relating to or having the nature of spirits or a spirit; supernatural.

re·li·gion (r-ljn)
n.
a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

spir·i·tu·al (spr-ch-l)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, consisting of, or having the nature of spirit; not tangible or material. See Synonyms at immaterial.
2. Of, concerned with, or affecting the soul.
3. Of, from, or relating to God; deific.
4. Of or belonging to a church or religion; sacred.
5. Relating to or having the nature of spirits or a spirit; supernatural.

This doesn't help your case.

you are required to have a belief in a supreme being are you not..

is your institution and its systems grounded on such a belief

do you have teachers and leaders..of this system

do they purse it with zeal or devotion

do Masonic teachings have a spiritual nature...

you are required to have a belief in a supreme being are you not..

is your institution and its systems grounded on such a belief

do you have teachers and leaders..of this system

do they purse it with zeal or devotion

do Masonic teachings have a spiritual nature...

Spiritual nature is not religion. Your argument is based on your opinions of the relationship between two definitions. That is where you fail.

unless of course it is a ex member that disagrees...oh no wait their opinions don't count either...so what does that leave us with...only a member in good standing has a opinion that is valid.....well I guess that puts your little club above reproach then doesn't it.....

What is your gripe with the Masons anyway? Have they harmed you in some way? If not, then what the fuck is your problem?

President John F Kennedy Secret Society Speech version 2

john said it best in his opening lines..

YouTube - President John F Kennedy Secret Society Speech version 2

Okay, so what is secret about Freemasonry? I can direct you to a couple of sites that tell you everything there is to know about. There is nothing that we do that is secret anymore. :cool:

So like I said. What has Freemasory done to you. Be a man and answer the fuckin question rather than deflecting with stories from other people and speeches given by Presidents almost 50 years ago. In your own words, what is your problem with Freemasonry?

Forum List

Back