Secret Societies - Hows, Whos and when's and how to get me banned.

Congrats!

Is that the 33rd degree, or can you say? My dad was the 32nd Degree, that's about all I know about that....
Thank you. No the Worshipful Master presides over the Blue Lodge (the base of the Masonic tree). 33rd degree is in the Scottish Rite, a branch of the Masonic tree.

call no man master..so who do you worship at this temple of yours... oh whoreshipful masterbator...?
Think what you want, no matter how misguided it is. We don't worship anyone at our Lodge or Temples. We only better ourselves as men.

Worshipful: Chiefly British - Used as a respectful form of address.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. And now abideth faith, hope, charity-these three, but the greatest of these is charity.
1 Corinthians 13: 1-13. Great series of verses, great point.

ya not really an honest answer..is it ..Satan-boy
So quoting the Bible is a sign of the Satan?

1 Corinthians 13: 1-13. Great series of verses, great point.

I have always thought that the Second Degree gave the best explanation of what the organization is about. I love that the purpose for the existence of the Blue Lodge lies in Paul's letter to the Corinthians.

Thank you. No the Worshipful Master presides over the Blue Lodge (the base of the Masonic tree). 33rd degree is in the Scottish Rite, a branch of the Masonic tree.

Think what you want, no matter how misguided it is. We don't worship anyone at our Lodge or Temples. We only better ourselves as men.

so it is a place to worship man ?

Worshipful: Chiefly British - Used as a respectful form of address.

2 a: one having authority over another : ruler , governor b: one that conquers or masters : victor , superior
Pronunciation: \ˈmas-tər\

1 Corinthians 13: 1-13. Great series of verses, great point

io quoting the Bible is a sign of the Satan?

it depends.. do you add or take from it or try to serve two masters ?

Last edited:
tem·ple 1 (tmpl)
n.
a. A building dedicated to religious ceremonies or worship.
b. Temple Either of two successive buildings in ancient Jerusalem serving as the primary center for Jewish worship.
c. Judaism A synagogue, especially of a Reform congregation.
d. Mormon Church A building in which the sacred ordinances are administered.
2. Something regarded as having within it a divine presence.
3. A building used for meetings by any of several fraternal orders, especially the Knights Templars.
4. A building reserved for a highly valued function: the library, a temple of learning.
5. Temple Either of two groups of buildings in London, the Inner Temple and the Middle Temple, that house two of the four Inns of Court and that occupy the site of the medieval Knights Templars establishment.

so no ceremony of a spiritual nature takes place in these temples ?

tem·ple 1 (tmpl)
n.
a. A building dedicated to religious ceremonies or worship.
b. Temple Either of two successive buildings in ancient Jerusalem serving as the primary center for Jewish worship.
c. Judaism A synagogue, especially of a Reform congregation.
d. Mormon Church A building in which the sacred ordinances are administered.
2. Something regarded as having within it a divine presence.
3. A building used for meetings by any of several fraternal orders, especially the Knights Templars.
4. A building reserved for a highly valued function: the library, a temple of learning.
5. Temple Either of two groups of buildings in London, the Inner Temple and the Middle Temple, that house two of the four Inns of Court and that occupy the site of the medieval Knights Templars establishment.

so no ceremony of a spiritual nature takes place in these temples ?

Ceremony of a spiritual nature is not worship. The only requirements for being a Mason are being a man, free born, and have a belief in a supreme being. It is an organization built on faith, but not of faith.

Ceremony of a spiritual nature is not worship. The only requirements for being a Mason are being a man, free born, and have a belief in a supreme being. It is an organization built on faith, but not of faith.
i guess he didnt read the last three definitions he himself posted

[
QUOTE=CrimsonWhite;902239]Ceremony of a spiritual nature is not worship.

that couldn't be any more false..even if you don't know it..

The only requirements for being a Mason are being a man, free born, and have a belief in a supreme being. It is an organization built on faith, but not of faith.

so it would be fundamentally opposed to the gospel then ..would it not ?
not that there is anything wrong with that..

Last edited:
But he probably won't be the last. Because California's contingent of Freemasons is expected to grow, the average age of its members, once 71 and now 65, is expected to drop. By 2018, as Casalou predicts, the state will be awash in 55-year-old pre-retirement Masons giving each other secret handshakes, wearing ritual aprons and invoking the Grand Architect of the Universe.

Freemasons in midst of popularity, membership boom - Los Angeles Times

But he probably won't be the last. Because California's contingent of Freemasons is expected to grow, the average age of its members, once 71 and now 65, is expected to drop. By 2018, as Casalou predicts, the state will be awash in 55-year-old pre-retirement Masons giving each other secret handshakes, wearing ritual aprons and invoking the Grand Architect of the Universe.

Freemasons in midst of popularity, membership boom - Los Angeles Times

.....you forgot disingenuously quoting scripture while worshiping Lucifer..

[

that couldn't be any more false..even if you don't know it..

so it would be fundamentally opposed to the gospel then ..would it not ?
not that there is anything wrong with that..

You are basing your argument that Christianity and Freemasonry are mutually inclusive. They aren't. The Lodge isn't opposed to the Gospel any more than it is opposed to the Qur’an or the Torah. The Lodge isn't a religious organization. We don't prothelasize. We don't preach. We don't recruit membership. One has to ask to be a Mason. Faith is merely a common bond and our ceremonies reflect that. We don't worship a God, in Lodge or Temple. We honor the belief that there is something greater than ourselves. That we were created.

The goal of Freemasonry is to take a good man and make him a better man. We do this by service to our communites. Through charity.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

We are not an evil society hell bent on world domination. We don't have a treasure buried under New York City and we do not worship Lucifer.

Forum List

Back