Seattle Vs New England

Yes, I remember when Brady first came back after his ACL/MCL injury, and IIRC, there was some talk about going after him and trying to hurt him by different players in the league.

Well those guys were pieces of shit too. But regarding Brady....as a Seahawk fan it's not Brady I am concerned with...well I mean you are always concerned about a great quarterback...but Brady is not my main concern. Seattle's defense has faced many quarterbacks just as good and arguably better the last couple years and they have beat them with alarming consistency. The concern is Gronkowski.

Now Seattle fans have heard in big games against top tight ends "how are you going to deal with ______?" Whether that's Vernon Davis, Julius Thomas, Jimmy Graham whoever; and here's how it usually goes. Those players come out and catch a ball or two and then Kam Chancellor gets the right opportunity and the right angle on them and completely blows them up. And then those players, for the most part, vanish from the game. We see it every time Seattle has to play one of those players and it happens over and over and over.

Vernon Davis is 6'3", 250#, Julius Thomas is 6'5", 250#.....Gronk is 6'6", 265#. Chancellor is 6'3, 232# which for a safety is a giant of a man. Still, blowing up Vernon Davis is one thing....blowing up Gronk is a bit different. Now I will point out that Jimmy Graham is actually bigger at 6'7", 265# and against Seattle Graham went for 3 receptions on 9 targets for 46 yards and a TD in their first game and in the playoffs he got 1 grab on four targets for 8 yards. Chancellor intimidated Graham in those games, the second one especially.

So here's the deal....early in this game if Chancellor get's the right angle and the right approach, meaning he can accelerate to full speed and hit at an angle that will maximize his impact force, it will probably set a tone where Gronkowski is going to start looking over his shoulder a bit more. If Chancellor can do it twice early, Gronk is probably a non-factor from that point on. I don't know if either of them will back down, but I do know that Chancellor won't back down. The guy thrives on contact and as an offensive player Gronk doesn't, so if anyone does back down it will be Gronkowsi.

Now if Gronk takes that hit from Chancellor and doesn't go down, now as a Seahawk fan I am going to get concerned. I think each will win a battle here and there but if I had to pick one of them to win the war I would bet on Chancellor IF he gets the opportunity he needs to establish a powerful physical presence.

Absolutely true. I'm still pissed that we/Chancellor couldn't get a bead on that TE in San Diego. That son of a bitch caught three TDs on us.

Do you really think, with all of what has happened lately, that the Patriots are going to go out and intentionally try to hurt a player. Yes, some player might have made some asinine comment, but he is not the coach of the team. The Patriots are going to listen to the Belichick, and he is not a stupid man.

Yes, I remember when Brady first came back after his ACL/MCL injury, and IIRC, there was some talk about going after him and trying to hurt him by different players in the league.

Well those guys were pieces of shit too. But regarding Brady....as a Seahawk fan it's not Brady I am concerned with...well I mean you are always concerned about a great quarterback...but Brady is not my main concern. Seattle's defense has faced many quarterbacks just as good and arguably better the last couple years and they have beat them with alarming consistency. The concern is Gronkowski.

Now Seattle fans have heard in big games against top tight ends "how are you going to deal with ______?" Whether that's Vernon Davis, Julius Thomas, Jimmy Graham whoever; and here's how it usually goes. Those players come out and catch a ball or two and then Kam Chancellor gets the right opportunity and the right angle on them and completely blows them up. And then those players, for the most part, vanish from the game. We see it every time Seattle has to play one of those players and it happens over and over and over.

Vernon Davis is 6'3", 250#, Julius Thomas is 6'5", 250#.....Gronk is 6'6", 265#. Chancellor is 6'3, 232# which for a safety is a giant of a man. Still, blowing up Vernon Davis is one thing....blowing up Gronk is a bit different. Now I will point out that Jimmy Graham is actually bigger at 6'7", 265# and against Seattle Graham went for 3 receptions on 9 targets for 46 yards and a TD in their first game and in the playoffs he got 1 grab on four targets for 8 yards. Chancellor intimidated Graham in those games, the second one especially.

So here's the deal....early in this game if Chancellor get's the right angle and the right approach, meaning he can accelerate to full speed and hit at an angle that will maximize his impact force, it will probably set a tone where Gronkowski is going to start looking over his shoulder a bit more. If Chancellor can do it twice early, Gronk is probably a non-factor from that point on. I don't know if either of them will back down, but I do know that Chancellor won't back down. The guy thrives on contact and as an offensive player Gronk doesn't, so if anyone does back down it will be Gronkowsi.

Now if Gronk takes that hit from Chancellor and doesn't go down, now as a Seahawk fan I am going to get concerned. I think each will win a battle here and there but if I had to pick one of them to win the war I would bet on Chancellor IF he gets the opportunity he needs to establish a powerful physical presence.

Well, honestly, I don't think most of the guys on the Patriots will be looking to hurt your player. Of course, there are always going to be a few assholes on every team who like to talk.

On "The Herd" this morning a Carolina player was say Seattle,is known for getting in an extra jab, hit and so on. They are very physical and they try to inflict bodily harm on every hit. Now, I know many NFL star that will tell you that while,they don't want to hurt someone, they want to inflict as much pain, so you think about them every time you touch the football. Football is a very tough and dangerous sport.

Absolutely true. I'm still pissed that we/Chancellor couldn't get a bead on that TE in San Diego. That son of a bitch caught three TDs on us.

Do you really think, with all of what has happened lately, that the Patriots are going to go out and intentionally try to hurt a player. Yes, some player might have made some asinine comment, but he is not the coach of the team. The Patriots are going to listen to the Belichick, and he is not a stupid man.

Not Browner. He is actually very close friends with the other original members of the LOB. AND WHO is going to unload on a DB anyway? It's a mute point. Browner was talking about Sherman and Thomas on Seattle's Defensive backfield. The thought that some receiver is going to seek out a Defensive player and injure him is silly. If I were you I would disregard Browner's statement as just something to say that a media guy would be impressed with. The players know that it won't happen. They aren't going to give it a second thought.

Well, honestly, I don't think most of the guys on the Patriots will be looking to hurt your player. Of course, there are always going to be a few assholes on every team who like to talk.

On "The Herd" this morning a Carolina player was say Seattle,is known for getting in an extra jab, hit and so on. They are very physical and they try to inflict bodily harm on every hit. Now, I know many NFL star that will tell you that while,they don't want to hurt someone, they want to inflict as much pain, so you think about them every time you touch the football. Football is a very tough and dangerous sport.

Well, I definitely agree that is the case with some of the guys, but not all of them. I know that Richard Seymour, when he was a Patriot, used to like to stomp on people's feet. A lot of other players thought he was quite dirty apparently.

A lot of nasty shit happens between the O-line and the D-line players. When everybody is in a big heap the cameras can't see the grabbing and poking and rolling up on another players legs. It used to be a LOT worse. These days it is rare that a player purposefully sets out to cause injury.

Dude.....I am so pissed. My brother (my other brother, not the physicist) does business with the NFL and they gave him a gift. Two tickets in the NFL executive suite for the Super Bowl.....and the prick is taking my Dad!!!! At least both of them are 12's so they will help represent but I am oozing jealously. :lol:

Dude.....I am so pissed. My brother (my other brother, not the physicist) does business with the NFL and they gave him a gift. Two tickets in the NFL executive suite for the Super Bowl.....and the prick is taking my Dad!!!! At least both of them are 12's so they will help represent but I am oozing jealously. :lol:

WOW! What a great present! You brother and dad are some LUCKY Sum Biatches !!

I'm sure the experience will be remembered as long as they are alive. I hope the Hawks make it one of their best memories ever.

I might go for an eightball and a whore! Well maybe not...my dogs hate druggies. :lol:

No...for serious I was invited today to go downtown Seattle to a friends very popular restaurant where they are having a huge Super Bowl party.

I'm not sure I'll go. Maybe for a while. Gotta pack up the mutts. I was working on getting my camper VW Bus back on the road from a hiaitus tonight. If I can get the brake lights working in time I'll take that. The dogs need room so that'll be a good ride for them. They require a lot of room. Male Rednose 130 lb. Female Blue 75 lb.

If not I'll just stay at the Motel. I'll get a big huge bucket of KFC.for me and the Pits I like watching the games on my high def big screen.

Last edited:
I saw the interviews this morning. Sherman laughed about it. The bottom line was yes, they do think that way. But no, it's not cool to talk about it in public.
Please, don't try and make it look as if it's only a Patriots player who has EVER said such things. There are such players on pretty much every team.
I didn't. "They" means NFL players. Probably high school and college too.

I can see arguments on why either team will win

But the NE teams I have seen always struggle when they face a smothering defense. Both Giants superbowls, the Ravens....Brady became flustered when he can't execute his offense the way he wants

I haven't seen many defenses as good as Seattle

How much pain are you in, just think three more and you got your 3peat.

Lots!

I've never seen such a stupid ass way to lose a football game in my entire life.

What a dumb ass way to piss away a whole season's worth of effort to get that far.

Brady must feel like he is the luckiest son of a bitch on the planet.

Forum List

Back