Season 5, Game of Thrones

I Guess this won't be the popular opinion...:cool:

This was a lousily written episode.
For one...what the hell?...the unsullied are the most trained soldiers in all of the lands. Bred at birth, spending their entire lives learning the art of combat - and they can so easily be killed by marginally trained citizens??? Give me a break.
Also...no coliseum would be designed with the royalty seating in a wide open square at ground level with no escape route. Seriously???
Also...with the recent attacks by the "gold masked men" - she sure as hell wouldn't have had just a dozen soldiers protecting her in pretty much the most vulnerable spot in the whole place.
Also...what kind of dragon does not have armored plating? Just a simple toss of a spear goes all the way through it's neck like butter?
Did you see the scene where one of the mask fell off of a guy and it was a short fat balding man???...and these people can successfully fight the greatest trained soldiers in the world???

Oh...and the iron boy king went to his room sulking while his mother and wife are sitting in prison?
Weak.

And finally...... I don't like how they have changed Daenerys character. She would not be so stupid as to allow herself to be this vulnerable.

I don't want to come into this thread and just say ill things about the show. I thought this show was one of the best series HBO has ever done.
This season is just not what it was before.

I agree. The unsully were supposed to be tough guys, but they seem to always get this asses kicked. Dany seems to make one bad decision after another because she wants to prove she isn't cut from the same cloth as the Mad King!

I just read the killing of Stannis daughter wasn't in the book, horrible turn of events.

For one...what the hell?...the unsullied are the most trained soldiers in all of the lands. Bred at birth, spending their entire lives learning the art of combat - and they can so easily be killed by marginally trained citizens??? Give me a break.
Also...no coliseum would be designed with the royalty seating in a wide open square at ground level with no escape route. Seriously???
Also...with the recent attacks by the "gold masked men" - she sure as hell wouldn't have had just a dozen soldiers protecting her in pretty much the most vulnerable spot in the whole place.
Also...what kind of dragon does not have armored plating? Just a simple toss of a spear goes all the way through it's neck like butter?
Did you see the scene where one of the mask fell off of a guy and it was a short fat balding man???...and these people can successfully fight the greatest trained soldiers in the world???

Oh...and the iron boy king went to his room sulking while his mother and wife are sitting in prison?
Weak.

And finally...... I don't like how they have changed Daenerys character. She would not be so stupid as to allow herself to be this vulnerable.

I don't want to come into this thread and just say ill things about the show. I thought this show was one of the best series HBO has ever done.

I agree. The unsully were supposed to be tough guys, but they seem to always get this asses kicked. Dany seems to make one bad decision after another because she wants to prove she isn't cut from the same cloth as the Mad King!

I just read the killing of Stannis daughter wasn't in the book, horrible turn of events.

The last few episodes weren't in the books. I think GRR Martin just gave up and told the writers do whatever you want but don't kill the dwarf cause he's funny. Stannis march down to Winterfell takes about 700 pages in Book 5. Dany riding the dragon. LOL. Wonder how shes managed the dragon spines...this series turned into a clusterfuck and a joke

Weak.

The unsullied appear to be modeled on phalanx combat, and if so are greater as a whole than as individuals. That being said there were a ton of the Sons of the Harpy, and there was lower security because bringing the games back brought a stop to the attacks.

I have heard she is going to die eventually, but RR hasn't gotten to it yet.

Weak.

The last few episodes weren't in the books. I think GRR Martin just gave up and told the writers do whatever you want but don't kill the dwarf cause he's funny. Stannis march down to Winterfell takes about 700 pages in Book 5. Dany riding the dragon. LOL. Wonder how shes managed the dragon spines...this series turned into a clusterfuck and a joke

What has been explained is RR Martin gave the HBO writers the end game, and they are working their way toward it on their own.

I read the books every night for a month or so while dozing off to sleep, so my recollection may not be perfect, but...

The TV series varies greatly from the books and in most cases it is an improvement. In some areas, the series has gone beyond what was in the books (i.e., moving into the next "final" book). George RR Martin is right there with the authors and has said publicly that the screenwriters know how the whole thing is going to end, so these development can be a preview of what's coming in the final book(s).

Stannis did not sacrifice his daughter in the books, and BTW neither the red witch nor his wife accompanied him on his ill-fated expedition to Winterfell. In the book, his army is so decimated by the cold and snow that they have no hope of even reaching Winterfell, let alone mounting a successful siege. The story line of Reese Bolton taking a SWAT team out to harass Stannis seems contrived to me. What's the point?

As for the Sons of the Harpy killing the Unsullied, it mainly happens at night and by ambush, so it is conceivable that they could do some damage. As for one-to-one fighting, it SHOULD be no contest, especially with the SOH wearing those ridiculous masks.

Bottom line...I like how it's going. GRRM went off the rails with Dany and the Dragon in the books, claiming that she survived for a couple months by eating the residue of Drogon's kills while living on a mountain top. The TV series will have to be more believable than that (assuming you can believe in flying dragons who obey voice commands).

I wish someone would invent fucking gun powder. It would solve a lot.

Can't wait for Hodor and the Hodorians to take on the Sons of the Harpy! I think that's in Book 14

I read the books every night for a month or so while dozing off to sleep, so my recollection may not be perfect, but...

The TV series varies greatly from the books and in most cases it is an improvement. In some areas, the series has gone beyond what was in the books (i.e., moving into the next "final" book). George RR Martin is right there with the authors and has said publicly that the screenwriters know how the whole thing is going to end, so these development can be a preview of what's coming in the final book(s).

Stannis did not sacrifice his daughter in the books, and BTW neither the red witch nor his wife accompanied him on his ill-fated expedition to Winterfell. In the book, his army is so decimated by the cold and snow that they have no hope of even reaching Winterfell, let alone mounting a successful siege. The story line of Reese Bolton taking a SWAT team out to harass Stannis seems contrived to me. What's the point?

As for the Sons of the Harpy killing the Unsullied, it mainly happens at night and by ambush, so it is conceivable that they could do some damage. As for one-to-one fighting, it SHOULD be no contest, especially with the SOH wearing those ridiculous masks.

Bottom line...I like how it's going. GRRM went off the rails with Dany and the Dragon in the books, claiming that she survived for a couple months by eating the residue of Drogon's kills while living on a mountain top. The TV series will have to be more believable than that (assuming you can believe in flying dragons who obey voice commands).

I wish someone would invent fucking gun powder. It would solve a lot.
(assuming you can believe in flying dragons who obey voice commands).

in other stories with dragons in them,a few Warlocks with great power,like Merlin, had the ability to communicate and command Dragons...

Tolja. Caesared. Now..will red witch bring him back? And will he be blue eyed as a white walker?

Sansa is still alive. Jon may return with ice blue eyes, compliments of Red Witch. Or not. Hell, who knows.
Cersei has The Mountain now as her zombie...and boy is she pissed.
Dani's dragon is dying, and she wandered off to get busted by...whomever they are.

Getting boring again. But at least Theon finally found a pair.

Melisandre is going to bring John Snow back from the dead is my guess. She is going to breath life back into his body like Thoros of Myr did with The Lightening Lord. Just my guess.

I am also betting those Dothraki are Dani's allies as well. We've got many months of speculation ahead of us I suppose.

That might have been the most shocking season ending I have ever seen. Wow, just wow.

That ending still shook me.
(1) Best Part of the Episode: Arya killing that freak. It was awesome, but now she is blind. I hope it's just a test.
(2) Who didn't see that one backfire. He burned his own daughter to death, righteous men won't follow that monster! But he attacks Winterfield anyways and dooms his men. I loved the scene where he says get ready to for the siege at nightfall and his second in command says "looks like there isn't going to be a siege." Good ridden Stannis.
(3) The smoking hot Red Witch comes back to Castle Black that is filled with rapists. If Gilly almost got raped, surely she will. After killing Stannis's daughter, whatever happens to her is well deserved.
(4) Second Best Part of the Episode: When Reek tosses the bitch off the ledge and helps Sansa escape.
(5) The march of Cersei was shocking. Full frontal on TV, wow. I actually felt bad for her. But man what a body and ass an Headey! I didn't realize she was so hot. Then she see a healed Mountain, they appears to be loyal to her. Those religious freaks are pretty damn stupid for letting her go. I predict they get slaughtered early on in season 6.
(7) Mrycella gets murdered by the Dorne bitch. I think her plan backfires and it's not war, rather she and the sand snakes get handed over to Kings Landing for punishment.
(8) Jon Snowe NO, not Snowe. WTF is wrong with that asshole writer, he kills off every great male character.

according to the actor who plays jon snow...he is dead

and you have the two boys brand and his younger brother....

They are killing off reasons to still watch.
And the two Stark kids left...it's been what...since Season 2 since they have been a part of the show?
At this point the only reason to continue to watch is Dani/Tyrion and the dragons.
I guess the red witch will probably influence Jon's murderers and get them all killed.
I don't know....I may not continue to watch.
Not sure.

Sansa is still alive. Jon may return with ice blue eyes, compliments of Red Witch. Or not. Hell, who knows.
Dani's dragon is dying, and she wandered off to get busted by...whomever they are.

Yeah Sansa landed on Theron. Lol

Who is left to root for? Dany and the Dothraki?

Jon Snow moved the wildings south of the wall, earning the respect of the Ice King. Maybe the next book will be the back story of the Ice King starting when he ate his first snowflake...again who the fuck cares

Jon Snow moved the wildings south of the wall, earning the respect of the Ice King. Maybe the next book will be the back story of the Ice King starting when he ate his first snowflake...again who the fuck cares
Yes, next season will be the last but Jon Snow? Really?

Ppphhhfffttt

Yes, next season will be the last but Jon Snow? Really?

Ppphhhfffttt

Biting my tongue this whole season because I knew they shived Jon Snow at the end of Book 5. I threw the book against the wall and vowed to not bother with Martin's next moronic offerings. Eddard, Robb, and now Jon, GRRMartin, please go fuck yourself

Forum List

Back