If the Game of Thrones was analyzed through our politics, Starks = Conservatives...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
There are a few of these going around...this is probably more accurate than the left wing ones going around.....the left wing ones are pretty stupid......

Spoiler....Cersei Lannister.....hilary....

Spoiler...the white walkers...Occupy movement and P-hat movement....

Politically, Which Game of Thrones House Should You Be Rooting For?

Mance Rayder and Tormund Giantsbane (Wildlings)

“The freedom to make my own mistakes was all I ever wanted.”-Mance Rayder

I wanted to start with the Wildlings because their political views are unmistakable. Mance, Tormund and the Wildlings are dyed in the wool Libertarians. The Wildlings followed Mance, and now Tormund, by their own choice, effectively electing their leaders, while maintaining smaller tribal allegiances. They believe in liberty over all else, as demonstrated by Mance’s martyrdom after commands to bend the knee. The similarities between Wildling and Libertarian ideology are so strong, in fact, that even leftist propagandists like Jon Dolan of Rolling Stone acknowledged the connection, albeit in a stupid, stupid article that went on to compare King Joffrey to George W. Bush, Sarah Palin to a White Walker and Daenerys Targaryen to Barack Obama. Yes, this is an actual article that exists, and yes, it’s as dumb as it sounds.

-----

Ned Stark, Robb Stark and Jon Snow (House Stark)

The Starks are certainly the Conservatives in the seven kingdoms. Throughout the show, Ned emphasizes family values, individual liberty and personal responsibility (“The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword”). Robb espoused many of the same values during his warrior’s quest to King’s Landing. He believed, as did the Northerners, that the interests and values of the crown did not represent them, and they craved liberty from the tyranny of the King. This is a classic state’s rights vs. centralized government argument. Who better to rule the North than the North? The bastard Snow also followed his adoptive father’s example, advocating for the individual rights of the Wildlings, and later acknowledged, as he too became King of the North, that a centralized government was a poor solution to the problems that ailed Westeros.

I don't watch Game of Thrones.

King Kong = Donald Trump
The Tyrannosaurus rex = Hillary
Ann Darrow = American People

Last edited:
The white walkers = Muslims....or liberals. Pretty much interchangeable at this point.

As I have often said, the current low level civil war in the United States is very much like the very real War of the Roses. The basis of the Game of Thrones novels is the very real War of the Roses. The Lannisters v. Starks is much like Lancaster v. York. That's what George RR Martin used for the basis of his writings.

No wonder our politics remind some of Game of Thrones.

There are a few of these going around...this is probably more accurate than the left wing ones going around.....the left wing ones are pretty stupid......

Spoiler....Cersei Lannister.....hilary....

Spoiler...the white walkers...Occupy movement and P-hat movement....

Politically, Which Game of Thrones House Should You Be Rooting For?

Mance Rayder and Tormund Giantsbane (Wildlings)

“The freedom to make my own mistakes was all I ever wanted.”-Mance Rayder

I wanted to start with the Wildlings because their political views are unmistakable. Mance, Tormund and the Wildlings are dyed in the wool Libertarians. The Wildlings followed Mance, and now Tormund, by their own choice, effectively electing their leaders, while maintaining smaller tribal allegiances. They believe in liberty over all else, as demonstrated by Mance’s martyrdom after commands to bend the knee. The similarities between Wildling and Libertarian ideology are so strong, in fact, that even leftist propagandists like Jon Dolan of Rolling Stone acknowledged the connection, albeit in a stupid, stupid article that went on to compare King Joffrey to George W. Bush, Sarah Palin to a White Walker and Daenerys Targaryen to Barack Obama. Yes, this is an actual article that exists, and yes, it’s as dumb as it sounds.

-----

Ned Stark, Robb Stark and Jon Snow (House Stark)

The Starks are certainly the Conservatives in the seven kingdoms. Throughout the show, Ned emphasizes family values, individual liberty and personal responsibility (“The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword”). Robb espoused many of the same values during his warrior’s quest to King’s Landing. He believed, as did the Northerners, that the interests and values of the crown did not represent them, and they craved liberty from the tyranny of the King. This is a classic state’s rights vs. centralized government argument. Who better to rule the North than the North? The bastard Snow also followed his adoptive father’s example, advocating for the individual rights of the Wildlings, and later acknowledged, as he too became King of the North, that a centralized government was a poor solution to the problems that ailed Westeros.
Cersei Lannister? She would be Trump. They even have the same color hair.

And one wonders which of his children will Trump sacrifice?

Danaery's is the 2020 Dem candidate, coming to destroy the Trump's/Lannister's. If they're still in power, that is.

The Stark's could be the GOP "establishment," ready to team up with her.

The Bolton's were the alt-right.

The white walkers = Muslims....or liberals. Pretty much interchangeable at this point.
Radical Muslims are religious conservatives. Like your kind.

No...not like our kind, the God of Christians gave us the 10 commandments...actually the laws of Noah for non-Jews...but we embrace the 10 Commandments.......please show us where in the 10 commandments it permits us to murder in the name of the Lord...

Radical Muslims are religious conservatives. Like your kind.
Muslims are nothing like conservatives. If im going to be honest, they are nothing like liberals either. They are uniquely awful people, unlike any other group.

Forum List

Back