Sean Hannity Defends Adrian Peterson For Hitting Son~ He Was Actually Defending Dad.

Back in the day that we paddled the kids they were better behaved. Now they think they can beat up on anyone they like and no one can touch them. What they really need is a good whack.

Actutally, today, we use something called "POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT". It's so crazy! Kids act good and you compliment them instead of waiting for them to act bad and hitting them.
That doesn't seem to be working does it? Look around at the monsters such policies have created. They run their own homes as if they were little fifedoms. A backhand acrosd the mouth would do wonders.

Our child isn't a monster.

We used time outs when she was young, taking her phone when she was older and now we take her car from her.

However we don't have to actually do those things. We just have to tell her the bad consequences of her bad choice.

I tell her how proud I am of her all the time.

She's 16 and will start college on Monday. She will have her first 2 years of college done by the time she's finished with high school and transfer directly to a university of her choice at 18. She will enter that university as a junior not a freshman.

All of her friends took the test to be able to go to college early. Our daughter was the only one of all her friends to pass that test. To be able to even qualify to take that test, the student has to have at least a 3.00 gpa.

Our child has never been arrested or even had a parking ticket.

My husband and I have never, ever hit our child.

Back in the day that we paddled the kids they were better behaved. Now they think they can beat up on anyone they like and no one can touch them. What they really need is a good whack.

Actutally, today, we use something called "POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT". It's so crazy! Kids act good and you compliment them instead of waiting for them to act bad and hitting them.
That doesn't seem to be working does it? Look around at the monsters such policies have created. They run their own homes as if they were little fifedoms. A backhand acrosd the mouth would do wonders.

We used time outs when she was young, taking her phone when she was older and now we take her car from her.

However we don't have to actually do those things. We just have to tell her the bad consequences of her bad choice.

She's 16 and will start college on Monday. She will have her first 2 years of college done by the time she's finished with high school and transfer directly to a university of her choice at 18. She will enter that university as a junior not a freshman.

All of her friends took the test to be able to go to college early. Our daughter was the only one of all her friends to pass that test. To be able to even qualify to take that test, the student has to have at least a 3.00 gpa.

Your child is your child. My son has a granddaughter. She has never been hit. She has never been punished at all. She has never had a time out. I would not call her typical. Nor would I suggest that because she has never been punished no child should be punished.

Your child is your child. My son has a granddaughter. She has never been hit. She has never been punished at all. She has never had a time out. I would not call her typical. Nor would I suggest that because she has never been punished no child should be punished.

Whether the child is well behaved or not, they're not monsters. They're children who will grow up to be adult people.

Just because they're small and inexperienced with life doesn't mean they don't have minds of they're own and can't think.

Our child was never hit and we have a wonderful young woman who will be a fantastic adult woman. She's strong and independent with a mind of her own. We've worked hard for 16 years to help her become the person we're so very proud of today.

Violence is never the answer when raising a child.

I have 5 kids. Some of them have needed a spanking once in awhile, some of them have never needed such. All will be successful in life.

Point? Each child is different.

What Peterson did to his child is to spanking as consensual sex is to rape though.

Sometimes they are small monsters who grow into adult monsters. Sometimes indulged monsters.

Maybe Peterson didn't want his son to grow up to be another Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin.

Maybe Peterson didn't want his son to grow up to be another Michael Brown or Trayvon Martin.

Not an excuse for what he did, none at all. Spanking ? Okay yes, that's parental choice, but he abused that kid.
He used a switch. He didn't pummel the kid with his fists. He gave the kid a couple of swats with a switch. Which was the same way he was disciplined as a child. Lived through it and benefited from it.

Some people teach their children to modify other people's behavior by using physical force on the weak.

Other people have good parenting skills.

I was never disciplined as a child. The worst that ever happened was I was told to go lay down until I felt better.

I guess you could say my parents had excellent parenting skills. I became their worst nightmare but the intentions were good.

Big difference in being disciplined and being beaten. Beating children in order to keep them safe is a lesson learned from slavery and Jim Crow. "I beat you now so you don't step out of place and get lynched later."

Not an excuse for what he did, none at all. Spanking ? Okay yes, that's parental choice, but he abused that kid.
He used a switch. He didn't pummel the kid with his fists. He gave the kid a couple of swats with a switch. Which was the same way he was disciplined as a child. Lived through it and benefited from it.

So, I'm sure if I showed up at your house and switched you until you were bloody you would say "hey I learned a good lesson there"

So, I'm sure if I showed up at your house and switched you until you were bloody you would say "hey I learned a good lesson there"

I would love it if you tried! Mmmmm.
No one went to this child's home, dragged him out in the yard and switched him bloody. Not that a little scrape is being switched bloody. The kid misbehaved. He was corrected. That's all that happened.

I have 5 kids. Some of them have needed a spanking once in awhile, some of them have never needed such. All will be successful in life.

Point? Each child is different.

What Peterson did to his child is to spanking as consensual sex is to rape though.

I can't agree with you more. Everyone is different.

I don't believe that violence is the solution.

There's a huge difference between spanking and beating.

What peterson did was beating. He belongs in jail for what he did. If he had done it to an adult he would be facing assault and battery charges.

Last edited:

Not an excuse? If I had to choose between my kid dying like Martin or Brown and my giving my kid a beating in order to spare them from that fate, I'd summon up all my willpower and force myself to inflict that beating.

I can't believe any parent would prefer to have a dead child rather than beat their child.

Not an excuse? If I had to choose between my kid dying like Martin or Brown and my giving my kid a beating in order to spare them from that fate, I'd summon up all my willpower and force myself to inflict that beating.

I can't believe any parent would prefer to have a dead child rather than beat their child.

That's what makes the Peterson issue remarkable. Peterson grew up with most young men that he knew turning to crime ending up in prison. Mean men with no respect for anyone else. But he had a father that cared enough to instill discipline. When he acted up, Dad was there to teach him right from wrong. It was what he wanted to give his own son. A dad that cared.

I broke any number of wooden spoons over my son's butt. He grew into a fine man who respects his wife of 22 years. I'm very proud of him. Ironically he despised his father who never cared enough to correct him at all.
I often wonder who's children become sado masochists brutes and why Speaking the Unspeakable Sadomasochistic Child Abuse Stop Abuse Campaign

and so you often research parties that hold topics similar instead of understanding basic Human Sufferning and ideaology.
I suppose that is why I have been in demand as a mentor for troubled teens for the last 7 yrs.

It's not at all surprising. The less discipline a child gets, the more troubled the teen.

You don't understand the difference between discipline and hitting........But this goes for SO MANY of you..........

Do you even know why the Pen is mightier than the sword?.......Do know why diplomacy is better than war?......Do you know why informed strategies are better than hitting?............Or are you still, "I see a problem, I punch problem!" cave man style.............It's the same concept of........"I see problem, let's bomb problem"

Not a lot of thought in American Politics today and it spits in the face of Americans. START THINKING! STOP USING FORCE AND ANGER TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS!

This is the difference between "Fiscal Conservative" and "Mental Conservative"

Yes Sean, when your dad punched you, he should have went to jail. No kid deserves that.

Leading characters in our lives should show discipline and knowledge, not force and hate.

I don't punch problems anymore. Problems try to punch me.

Some problems need punched

Your 4 year old child isn't one of those problems.

Unless you are in MMA or Boxing, your problem you speak of is better corrected with THINKING and PROBLEM SOLVING, or THE PEN.

Or perhaps you can elaborate on what problems are solved by punching. I'm all ears.

---->

Are you stating we have to beat children to prevent them from getting murdered?.........

They don't know what the term "Dicipline" means. They think, "Must hit to discipline" in a very barbaric cave man way.

Smart people use "Positive reinforcement of good actions", not abuse. The idiots who think discipline is only telling children when they are bad the ones with bad children and have a bad relationship with their children. When all the child hears is negative from the parents, they just keep living, ignore the parents and turn into problem children. They just want to be happy.

When they have guidance of how to be happy and good, they are.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back