Scott Walker: I Took On Unions, I Can Take On ISIS

Just as aside...how long do you guys think you should have to work before you can retire?

Most often your examples are not the case and what isn't reported when you see something like that is that in most cases, the week-to-week pay is lower than the private sector and the are usually no bonuses paid to public employees. Yes, there are exceptions to that on the lower end of the skills spectrum (the guy picking up dead animals on the side of the road probably makes more than the guy delivering Pepsi--he should).

Again, this is a political discussion. If your candidate's single claim to fame is that he "fixed" the problem of people retiring after 25-35 years of service, that is going to win him a lot of votes in non-union states. In union states, the same claim to fame is going to hurt him. The electoral map is such that if you take the 2012 election as template, the GOP needs to swing 64 votes. The purple states of:

Guy, here's the problem. Folks in Union states are pretty sick of that sort of shit, too. We are sick of the teacher who can't be fired when he shows up drunk to your kid's class and sleeps until fourth period We are tired of the fat truck driver who gets paid time and a half for sitting out in a snow plow on a sunny day.

And we are getting really sick of sales taxes and property taxes and income taxes to pay for it all.
Apologies for being redundant but is this sickness a new malady? No? It didn't seem to have hurt Obama....why is it going to poison the well for Clinton?

Romney said he likes to fire people which is in essence what you're talking about and he lost every state (almost) that was contested.

[

Will decide this election. The math tells us that the GOP needs 4 or 5 of them to flip. Many of them are union states. Joe correctly pointed out that there are not that many union households. I agree but those households with non-union employees (in many cases) have parents who benefited from union membership or have union sympathetic voters (Joe said he would like to have a union job). Are they going to vote for the guy whose soul accomplishment was to eradicate those jobs?

But going through your list of states, they ALL have Republican governors right now... except for PA and VA.

Union bashing is not going to cost Walker in the General. There simply aren't enough union guys left who are up for grabs.

I forget....who won OH, WI, PA, and MI in 2012?

Apologies for being redundant but is this sickness a new malady? No? It didn't seem to have hurt Obama....why is it going to poison the well for Clinton?

Romney said he likes to fire people which is in essence what you're talking about and he lost every state (almost) that was contested.

Romney lost every contested state because he was a Weird Mormon Robot with a Dancing Horse.

Scott, on the other hand, actually connects with working folks and their concerns. And yes, one of those concerns is paying out the nose for government that is too big and too expensive.

WHich doesn't mean Hillary can win them. Romney and Obama aren't running again. even if they were, I'm not sure you'd get the same result today.

You see, the main thing that boosted Obama in 2012 was that a LOT of people weren't really keen to admit- even to themselves- they made a mistake in 2008. This is why incumbents usually get second terms.

Once you get a new candidate, a lot of those people become free agents again.

Now, Hillary could probably beat Bush. I'm not sure she could beat Walker.

Romney lost every contested state because he was a Weird Mormon Robot with a Dancing Horse.

Scott, on the other hand, actually connects with working folks and their concerns. And yes, one of those concerns is paying out the nose for government that is too big and too expensive.
The connection is so great that Obama won his state....pretty easily too if memory serves. Did Walker not campaign for Romney? Hell, the VP nominee was from WI too.

OBAMA WON IT BY 6%

WHich doesn't mean Hillary can win them. Romney and Obama aren't running again. even if they were, I'm not sure you'd get the same result today.

You see, the main thing that boosted Obama in 2012 was that a LOT of people weren't really keen to admit- even to themselves- they made a mistake in 2008. This is why incumbents usually get second terms.

Once you get a new candidate, a lot of those people become free agents again.

Now, Hillary could probably beat Bush. I'm not sure she could beat Walker.

We're going round in circles here...so in closing I will just say that I hope that the GOP nominates Walker. He's already been defined as someone who is anti-union and the swing states that he needs to win to get to 270 are union states. Yes, I'm aware of union membership being down. When you bring up that statistic, I'm reminded of the narrow minded hateful bigots here who call homosexuals faggots and queers (and worse). It's not what you say is wrong...it's what you don't seem to understand.

I'm heterosexual but I am very sympathetic to the plight of the gay people who wish to get married. I'm sympathetic to the plight of the gay folks who are intimidated from applying for work since there is no protections for discrimination based on sexual preferences....I'm sympathetic to those who have to go to court to get benefits that are signed over to anyone of a different sex who happens to hold a marriage certificate regardless of the level of love/commitment in those unions (forgive the pun). Yes, union membership is down but the people voting have fathers and grand fathers who put food on the table with their union jobs. That operation they had when they were 6 due to an illness they caught...that insurance to pay for the surgery was fought for by the unions; US Steel didn't willingly pay for that. You yourself said you'd like a union job. So I really don't know why you'd want to be characterized the way you characterize their membership...fat, lazy, over paid, and not ethical. It's a mystery, Joe.

Anyway, Walker has been defined already, it's a scarlet letter he's been branded with and no amount of PAC money will cover it up.

I can only hope they take your advice and nominate him. It's going to be an easy victory for the Democrats if they keep their house in order which is always 10 seconds away from unraveling itself.

he connection is so great that Obama won his state....pretty easily too if memory serves. Did Walker not campaign for Romney? Hell, the VP nominee was from WI too.

OBAMA WON IT BY 6%

Completely irrelevent. Hey, here's the thing about Romney. Most Republicans weren't really that keen on him. The Evangelicals didn't like him because he was a Mormon, the working class didn't like him because he was kind of a clueless asshole, movement conservatives didn't like him becuase they didn't really trust him. So, yeah, Walker saying nice things about him might have motivated a few, but no one was having a moment with this guy.

Now, if it's Hillary (if the latest bought of scandals don't bring her down, then you guys are rally boned) vs. Walker in Wisconsin, that's another story.

I'Yes, union membership is down but the people voting have fathers and grand fathers who put food on the table with their union jobs. That operation they had when they were 6 due to an illness they caught...that insurance to pay for the surgery was fought for by the unions; US Steel didn't willingly pay for that. You yourself said you'd like a union job. So I really don't know why you'd want to be characterized the way you characterize their membership...fat, lazy, over paid, and not ethical. It's a mystery, Joe.

It's not a mystery at all. I grew up in a union home and most of my relatives are in unions. But I've also dealt with GOVERNMENT unions, and frankly, no one is being terribly keen on those guys, not even guys in the trades. I remember when I was in the service and had to go down to the union run maintenance depot, and had to spend six hours doing an operation that should have taken one because between waiting for them to get off their "breaks", I'd have lost the whole day.

Unions need to fix themselves before they complain about Walker bringing wisconsin in line with the rest of the country.

Anyway, Walker has been defined already, it's a scarlet letter he's been branded with and no amount of PAC money will cover it up.

I can only hope they take your advice and nominate him. It's going to be an easy victory for the Democrats if they keep their house in order which is always 10 seconds away from unraveling itself.

Uh, guy, Hillary just got caught taking big bags of money from foreign governments... That's a much bigger scarlet letter than anything Walker has done. And you just KNOW Bill is going to get into some kind of trouble.

Walker is also a much better politician.

He wants to sell the Government to Koch Industries

For a glimpse at the soul of JoeB131...here is a quote from the nasty white supremacist

"most folks are cool with prisoners [in US Jails] being abused"

He posted that in response to my posting on a prisoner that was boiled alive in Florida by the Government because Rick Scott was making his corporate friends some money
FL Prison Guards Boil Mentally Ill Inmate Alive

He says its OK for Walker to be corrupt in favor Koch and other corporate thieves as long as Unions that have Black folks in them get hurt...

He wants to sell the Government to Koch Industries

For a glimpse at the soul of JoeB131...here is a quote from the nasty white supremacist

He posted that in response to my posting on a prisoner that was boiled alive in Florida by the Government because Rick Scott was making his corporate friends some money

He says its OK for Walker to be corrupt in favor Koch and other corporate thieves as long as Unions that have Black folks in them get hurt...

Oh, stop with the simpering, guy. You guys on the left didn't have a problem when Bill Clinton flew down home in 1992 to sign the death warrant on Ricky Ray Rector, a mentally ill man who was so clueless he was saving his pie for after the execution.

Ricky Ray Rector - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Most of us are sick and tired of sharing our streets with dangerous madmen.

We have 2 million people in prison because LOCKING PEOPLE UP IS POPULAR!

I know this hurts your sensitive little liberal sensibilities and shit, but that's the facts. the world is not worse off because it has one less mentally ill crackhead in it.

If prisons are horrible places, it's not because of the guards, it's because of the other prisoners.

But please, please please run on "Scott Walker is a Meanyhead because he locks up prisoners" platform. That's going to go over really well.

. That's going to go over really well.
This is what goes over real well......

The very best people in history have gone to jails and prisond...Martin Luther King went to jail, Nelson Mandela went to prison , Jesus Christ assuming a historical figure went to hoosegow...

JoeB131 pretends to be reasonable but his position can be describes as "Fuck the Constitution and its prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment" fuck all that

This is what goes over real well......

Guy, no one is weeping over THIS guy... A convicted crackhead who was thrown in a shower for defecating in his cell...

Darren-Rainey.png

Guy, no one is weeping over THIS guy... A convicted crackhead who was thrown in a shower for defecating in his cell...

Darren-Rainey.png
The issue is the Constitution although I do care for this individual and what the State did to him ...assholes like you are quick to ditch the Constitution in favor of your BIGOTRY

You used the picture because a white Supremacist bastard like you does not care what happens to Black folks..

Folks here you have proof that JoeB131 approves of prisoners being boiled alive

He says being mentally ill means one can boil him alive

The very best people in history have gone to jails and prisond...Martin Luther King went to jail, Nelson Mandela went to prison , Jesus Christ assuming a historical figure went to hoosegow...

JoeB131 pretends to be reasonable but his position can be describes as "Fuck the Constitution and its prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment" fuck all that

Again, you had no problem with "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" when Bill Clinton gave Ricky Ray Rector a hot-shot.

More to the point, the reason why this guy was in prison was because back in the 1970's, simpering liberals like you INSISTED we had to close down the mental hospitals if the nmates were "non-violent". So you had the "Model Citizen" living on the street, self-medicating, and ending up in prison where the prison guards (all of whom were fired, btw, something that wouldn't have happened if they were in a beloved union) had no idea how to deal with his sort.

You know, I know a lot of Conservatives on this board don't really believe me when I say I voted Republican all those years, and sometimes I find it hard to believe myself.

Then I encounter someone like Tyrone, who reminds me WHY I voted Republican.

The issue is the Constitution although I do care for this individual and what the State did to him ...assholes like you are quick to ditch the Constitution in favor of your BIGOTRY

You used the picture because a white Supremacist bastard like you does not care what happens to Black folks..

Folks here you have proof that JoeB131 approves of prisoners being boiled alive

He says being mentally ill means one can boil him alive

again, guy should have been in a mental hospital.

Oh, wait, no, you liberals closed down all the mental hospitals in the 1970's. Good work.

again, guy should have been in a mental hospital.

Oh, wait, no, you liberals closed down all the mental hospitals in the 1970's. Good work.
I should be in a mental hospital ???

can you confirm this as your quote

That you posted that in response to my posting on a prisoner that was boiled alive in Florida by the Government because Rick Scott was making his corporate friends some money

and then you said it was good that he was boiled alive...and you say its me that is crazy ...Fk you

I should be in a mental hospital ???

can you confirm this as your quote

Yeah, you should probably be in one, too, based on your posts.

But I was pointing out that the victim in this case was a mentally ill drug user who should have been in a mental hospital instead of a prison. Instead, he was in a prison, where he was no doubt a danger to the guards and other prisoners, flinging his shit around his cell.

But simpering liberals like you closed down all the mental hospitals back in the 1970's. I remember it well, growing up in Chicago where my otherwise peaceful neighborhood was suddenly overrun with stew-bums self medicating on Mad Dog 20/20.

But going back to my point. Most AMericans are perfectly fine with prisoners being treated like shit in prison.

In the immortal words of Richard Pryor "I've been to the prisons. I've seen the brothers. I'm GLAD we have prisons."

This is why Joeb131["most folks are cool with prisoners [in US Jails] being abused"] supports Walker ...lines up nicely with his desire to torture black prisoners

Guy, you are the reason why Republicans win elections.

There's no sympathy for criminals in most of America. I'm sorry, there just isn't.

I think our penal system needs serious reform, but you are here showing us why liberals aren't the guys to do it.

Guy, you are the reason why Republicans win elections.

Its Moron White Supremacist bitterness like your that elect Republicans

This is your View right?...I bet you are one of those nice Christians too

most folks are OK with prisoners in the US being boiled alive

I'm GLAD we have prisons."
I think we need to put Republican criminals ,like the Walker convicted staff members , into prison the run according to your principle that it is OK with most folks for prisoners to be boiled alive...question are you a member of ISIS ?

Forum List

Back