Scott Walker: I Took On Unions, I Can Take On ISIS

Wisconsin Officials Call Scott Walker s Budget Nonsensical

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker unveiled his budget for 2015 in a prime-time speech Tuesday night, telling the state assembly it “will help restore that America Dream right here in Wisconsin.”

But as the Governor struggles to close a nearly$2 billion budget gap, state officials on both sides of the aisle tell Think Progress the plan is “nonsensical,” and predict it will trigger public sector layoffs, weaken environmental protections and devastate higher education. State leaders are also blasting the budget as fiscally irresponsible, estimating that one controversial proposal to administer drug tests for food stamp recipients could cost local counties millions.

Former Republican Senate Majority Leader Dale Schultz added that the Governor’s policies over the past four years created much of the budget gap in the first place.

I have been in prison...Parish Prison Louisiana in 1971...

That explains everything, really.

Hey, most of us HAVEN'T been to prison. We obey the law, we pay our taxes, we do our jobs. And we don't feel really bad when prisoners get punished for their bad behavior.

Now, I do think our prison system needs serious reform. We lock up too many people, for things they probably shouldn't be locked up for. But I'm not going to get all upset because some stewbum smeared himself with shit and some guards threw his ass in a hot shower.

But I'm sure Eric Holder will get right on Rainey's case for you... right after he's done with Wilson and Zimmerman.
All the charges against me were dropped fool and Jack ass moron but it took a while for the false arrest to be exposed...in your white Supremacist world the system the Big Government never does wrong Fk you too

All the charges against me were dropped fool and Jack ass moron but it took a while for the false arrest to be exposed...in your white Supremacist world the system the Big Government never does wrong Fk you too

Bullshit...you know you have gotten away with more than you have served time for. Fucking con... I knew it. No wonder you hate cops! :badgrin:

Bullshit...you know you have gotten away with more than you have served time for. Fucking con... I knew it. No wonder you hate cops! :badgrin:

Does kind of explain his attitudes.

He just thinks government is there to write his welfare check.

Does kind of explain his attitudes.

He just thinks government is there to write his welfare check.
HopperEasyRiderBird1.jpg

First they came for the public unions now they come for all Unions ......
Feudalism is back, with a vengeance.

Right now, the Wisconsin legislature is considering a bill that would make Wisconsin the nation's 25th right-to-work-for-less state.

Right to Work
States with Right to Work Laws Have:1

Lower Wages and Incomes
  • The average worker in states with right to work laws makes $5,971 (12.2 percent) less annually than workers in states without right to when all other factors are removed than workers in other states.2
  • Median household income in states with these laws is $6,568 (11.8 percent) less than in other states ($49,220 vs. $55,788).3
  • In states with right to work laws, 25.9 percent of jobs are in low-wage occupations, compared with 18.0 percent of jobs in other states.4
Lower Rates of Health Insurance Coverage
  • People under the age of 65 in states with right to work laws are more likely to be uninsured (16.3 percent, compared with 12.4 percent in free-bargaining states).5
  • They’re less likely to have job-based health insurance than people in other states (53.9 percent, compared with 57.1 percent)6 and pay a larger share of their health insurance premiums (29.9 percent compared with 26.1 percent).7
  • Only 46.8 percent of private-sector employers in states with these laws offer insurance coverage to their employees, compared with 52.6 percent in other states. That difference is even more pronounced among small employers (with fewer than 50 workers)—only 30.3 percent offer workers health insurance, compared with 38.8 percent of small employers in other states.8
Higher Poverty and Infant Mortality Rates
  • Poverty rates are higher in states with right to work laws (14.8 percent overall and 20.2 percent for children), compared with poverty rates of 13.1 percent overall and 18.3 percent for children in states without these laws.9
  • The infant mortality rate is 14.2 percent higher in states with these laws.10
Less Investment in Education
  • States with right to work laws spend 31.3 percent less per pupil on elementary and secondary education than other states.11
Higher Workplace Fatalities
  • The rate of workplace deaths is 54.4 percent higher in states with these laws, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.12
1 With the exception of the infant mortality rate and low-wage jobs data, the state data included here do not include data from Indiana and Michigan. These states are not included in the 2012 and 2013 data because they passed right to work laws in 2012; the impact of right to work policies on their economies would not have been fully experienced in 2012 and 2013. They have been excluded from the free-bargaining states versus right to work state analysis for the 2012 and 2013 data.

In February, the MacArthur Foundation launched a $75 million grant initiative to support counties and cities in developing strategies to reduce jail populations. Julia Stasch, MacArthur's president, noted that "jails are where our nation's incarceration problem begins [and] too often serve as warehouses for those too poor to post bail, nonviolent offenders, or people with mental illness.

Gee maybe if some changes are made the mentally ill will not be boiled alive ...that will take money BUT people like Walker think like Joeb131[most folks are OK with abusing prisoners even unto boiling them alive]

Forum List

Back