School Tells White Kids To Step Aside, This Is For Black Kids Only

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Seems racist to me

-Geaux
--------------

School field trip causes controversy among some parents - ABC57 News - See the Difference Michiana

A South Bend school field trip turned into a conversation about race after students at local primary schools were offered a chance to visit three area colleges. The trips are only for African-American students.

Some parents have told ABC 57 they believe this is discrimination but the school corporation says this is all just a misunderstanding and it is not meant to be a discriminatory trip.

“We should be able to do everything together and not separate,” says parent Charles Yost.

“I feel like all kids should be going,” says Deirdra Mullings who has a son going on one of the field trips.

“It creates a double standard,” says parent Kelley Garing.

Several planned field trips for South Bend, Indiana elementary school students have many parents up in arms over what appears to be a deliberate double standard, since all three of the trips are closed to anyone who isn’t African-American.

As part of a plan to encourage Black third-graders to take their education seriously and aim for earning a college degree, Dr. G. David Moss, director of African-American student/parent services at South Bend Community Schools Corporation, arranged a series of outings to bus youngsters to area colleges. On the campuses, the kids will be given the opportunity to chat it up with university students, who Moss hopes will become mentors for them and encourage them to aim for higher goals in life, since they may not otherwise get such positive messages.

SBCSC officials say they never intended for the trip to be discriminatory, but by specifying the opportunity is only open to one race, they created a debate over race relations, whether it was intentional or not.

Last edited:
Seems racist to me

-Geaux
--------------

Several planned field trips for South Bend, Indiana elementary school students have many parents up in arms over what appears to be a deliberate double standard, since all three of the trips are closed to anyone who isn’t African-American.

As part of a plan to encourage Black third-graders to take their education seriously and aim for earning a college degree, Dr. G. David Moss, director of African-American student/parent services at South Bend Community Schools Corporation, arranged a series of outings to bus youngsters to area colleges. On the campuses, the kids will be given the opportunity to chat it up with university students, who Moss hopes will become mentors for them and encourage them to aim for higher goals in life, since they may not otherwise get such positive messages.
And they only took black kids, since it is, ......................................................wait for it,............................................................................a program for black kids? Shocking.

SBCSC African American Student Parent Services Home Page

And you're ok with that?

Can I assume that you're fine with a program only for white kids? Or is it only racist if it excludes blacks, but not anyone else?
We have programs for white only kids, we call them private schools.

If we have a program to encourage boys to go to college, I don't expect a lot of the kids on the trip to look like this:
D3828B28.jpg

Get over the childish colorblind idea, that's not the society you live in.

Just like the United Negro College Fund.

If someone were to start a college fund for whites only, all hell would break loose.

If someone were to start a college fund for whites only, all hell would break loose.
They didn't need to start one for whites, there were already many of them. And white kids didn't need an Affirmative Action program either. They had that also, just by being born white.

Why would white parents want their children to go on a trip with black kids? It will only end with fights on the bus. Make your own arrangements for white children to visit a college. Segregation is being reinstated. Get used to it.

They didn't need to start one for whites, there were already many of them. And white kids didn't need an Affirmative Action program either. They had that also, just by being born white.

Good thing for the whites as Affirmative Action is a complete failure.

-Geaux

Good thing for the whites as Affirmative Action is a complete failure.

-Geaux
Worked like a charm actually. You almost no longer need it.

And you're ok with that?

Can I assume that you're fine with a program only for white kids? Or is it only racist if it excludes blacks, but not anyone else?

If we have a program to encourage boys to go to college, I don't expect a lot of the kids on the trip to look like this:
D3828B28.jpg

and which private schools are for whites only, eh?

PickMyCotton

Actually, having a school for white kids only is an excellent way to invite a lawsuit.

Too bad you can't find one to send your kids to, but that kind of racism has been outlawed for quite a few years now...

Too bad the kind of racism you exhibit against blacks didn't wash (and yes, EVERYONE here is aware of your racist views and open contempt for blacks).

Why would white parents want their children to go on a trip with black kids? It will only end with fights on the bus. Make your own arrangements for white children to visit a college. Segregation is being reinstated. Get used to it.

Yep, from the idiot paint this all fine and dandy to EXCLUDE certain chilren now because of their SKIN color

how awesome is that

PickMyCotton

Actually, having a school for white kids only is an excellent way to invite a lawsuit.

Too bad you can't find one to send your kids to, but that kind of racism has been outlawed for quite a few years now...

Too bad the kind of racism you exhibit against blacks didn't wash (and yes, EVERYONE here is aware of your racist views and open contempt for blacks).
All humans are racist, I'm simply honest about it.

I dont see Al Sharpton fighting for racist equality in this instance. Because he's a stupid fucking racist niggger that only cares about other stupid fucking racist nigggers.

Yep, from the idiot paint this all fine and dandy to EXCLUDE certain chilren now because of their SKIN color

how awesome is that
It is pretty awesome. We are moving toward segregation that would make the old south blush. And black people want it. It's their idea. Would it surprise you to see drinking fountains with signs saying Reserved for blacks only. Blacks aren't being sent to the back of the bus. They will go that one better. They want their own bus! Segregation. It's the future.

PickMyCotton....
Actually, one's chances should be based on MERIT, not race. That means your attitudes, just like Sharpton and Obama's racially divisive policies, are wrong and only cause more of the problems we see now.

Last edited:
PickMyCotton....
Actually, one's chances should be based on MERIT, not race. That means your attitudes, just like Sharpton and Obama's racially divisive policies, are wrong and only cause more of the problems we see now.
Those who refuse to acknowledge racism are the problem. It doesn't just magically go away.

And you're ok with that?

D3828B28.jpg

School vouchers would end that.

And you're ok with that?

D3828B28.jpg

School vouchers would end that.
Not a chance. And public school is where nearly all kids should be, learning to get along with their fellow citizens.

Forum List

Back