SC mom killed kids, dumped car in river

This is the second time someone like this has broken loose in S.C. (recall Susan Smith, 1994?).

Anyway, I can easily imagine that the poor and ignorant can find themselves in desperate situations that they cannot get themselves out of, and they go crazy (assuming they already didn't have both paddles in the water).

If it's some kind of mental illness, I can at least understand it - although it has to be pretty severe before the person truly has no control over their actions in a case like this. But then it points to the fact that we need a whole lot better education about and treatment of mental illness in this country. It should be treated like any other condition. It isn't. That needs to change.

She'd had a fight with her mother earlier i think it might have been spite.

Big difference between that and an Andrea Yates.

Abortion has lessened the value of life so much that something like this doesn't seem like an outrageous solution to the mother sometimes.

Oddly, she didn't choose that, less outrageous, or at least, legal option.

I wonder why?

I guess the welfare checks for the children just weren't enough anymore. Even if she didn't get caught, her moneytrain... I mean kids... aren't around any more. So, from that standpoint it doesn't make sense. Paying for cigarettes, an extra tv, 18's on the car and cable was just too much.

Shoulda finished high school and made better decisions in life. She might not have had to kill her kids to get ahead in life.

Last edited:
Abortion has lessened the value of life so much that something like this doesn't seem like an outrageous solution to the mother sometimes.

I wonder why?

really you wonder why? aid to dependant children, hud, food stamps....you dont get much but if you play the system and learn to be a welfare queen you can get by

plus abortion costs money. sc is a very backwater, southern baptist region....abortion would not be an option for most.

obviously this is a copy cat of the susan smith murders. i wonder if she will get all the empathy andrea yates got?

If it's some kind of mental illness, I can at least understand it - although it has to be pretty severe before the person truly has no control over their actions in a case like this. But then it points to the fact that we need a whole lot better education about and treatment of mental illness in this country. It should be treated like any other condition. It isn't. That needs to change.

Or Susan Smith.

Or Susan Smith.

You think? I don't see all that much difference. Wasn't Susan Smith the one who drove the car into a lake, stood there and watched her kids drown then made a false police report about the scary black men who took her babies?

horrible crime....children die at the hands of their caregivers daily in this country

But the punishment isn't severe enough to deter them from crime is the problem.
What makes you believe capital punishment is a deterent to crime? When, down through history when capital punishment has been used has it detered murder, rape, horse theft, cattle wrestling, kidnapping or any other crime it has punished?

Or Susan Smith.

You think? I don't see all that much difference. Wasn't Susan Smith the one who drove the car into a lake, stood there and watched her kids drown then made a false police report about the scary black men who took her babies?

Scary black men?

You care more about those words than the "black men" who don't support their own kids and then the mother kills them.

You, like a typical liberal, care more about words than actions.

horrible crime....children die at the hands of their caregivers daily in this country

What makes you believe capital punishment is a deterent to crime? When, down through history when capital punishment has been used has it detered murder, rape, horse theft, cattle wrestling, kidnapping or any other crime it has punished?

Execution isn't a deterrent... it's a punishment. A fitting punishment.

Or Susan Smith.

Yes, she too wanted to be rid of her kids. They can make all the excuses to justify their actions but that's all they are is excuses. Mental ticket is put in place by lawyers.

Or Susan Smith.

Scary black men?

You care more about those words than the "black men" who don't support their own kids and then the mother kills them.

You, like a typical liberal, care more about words than actions.

Fuck off, hack. You have no idea what I care about nor do you care. Typical...can't say conservative. Unlike SOME people the broad brush isn't my first choice of tools.

That's it! Just like a typical tool. Perfect. :thup:

Do you have anything pertinent to say?

Execution isn't a deterrent... it's a punishment. A fitting punishment.
I understand. But I was commenting due to the statement
the punishment isn't severe enough to deter them from crime

Or Susan Smith.

Yes, she too wanted to be rid of her kids. They can make all the excuses to justify their actions but that's all they are is excuses. Mental ticket is put in place by lawyers.

Nah, Andrea Yates had a documented case of psychosis. She saw visions, heard voices, really bad stuff. It doesn't make what she did right and putting her in treatment indefinitely was the right move, but there's a world of difference between a Yates and a Smith.

Nah, Andrea Yates had a documented case of psychosis. She saw visions, heard voices, really bad stuff. It doesn't make what she did right and putting her in treatment indefinitely was the right move, but there's a world of difference between a Yates and a Smith.

And you don't think she could have planned that defense before hand, some psychiatrist have been fooled you know.

Truely horrifying, froggy.

To suffocate two little little kids that away, but I'm sure those equal rightist will defend her someway.

WTF???????

all you fucking see is color huh?

Lets just remember the woman who invented this crime was a white woman who then blamed a "balck man" for the crime.

This woman is dumb as a brick and obviously a sociopath to do what she did.

That is a mental illness you fuckwit.

To figure out and think about how to prevent a crime like this from happening again is not excusing it you racist.

Same stupid thinking that caused 70 % of this country to not question the invasion of Iraq built on lies. If you questioned why the AQ people hated us you were called a terror excuser.

All you could see in this story was a black face, you and your kind are distroying this country with your racism and brick brained attitude to NEVER ask WHY something happend.

I wonder why?

really you wonder why? aid to dependant children, hud, food stamps....you dont get much but if you play the system and learn to be a welfare queen you can get by

plus abortion costs money. sc is a very backwater, southern baptist region....abortion would not be an option for most.

obviously this is a copy cat of the susan smith murders. i wonder if she will get all the empathy andrea yates got?

Yes, "really," I wonder why.

If, you are correct, then its clear that she was quite willing to sacrifice her position as "welfare queen," and all the status that goes with the title.

Could it be that being a queen, living in a dump with three kids and your bitchy mother isn't the Utopia that you presume it to be?:eek:

Say it Ain't So!!!

Truely horrifying, froggy.

To suffocate two little little kids that away, but I'm sure those equal rightist will defend her someway.

WTF???????

all you fucking see is color huh?

Lets just remember the woman who invented this crime was a white woman who then blamed a "balck man" for the crime.

This woman is dumb as a brick and obviously a sociopath to do what she did.

That is a mental illness you fuckwit.

To figure out and think about how to prevent a crime like this from happening again is not excusing it you racist.

Same stupid thinking that caused 70 % of this country to not question the invasion of Iraq built on lies. If you questioned why the AQ people hated us you were called a terror excuser.

All you could see in this story was a black face, you and your kind are distroying this country with your racism and brick brained attitude to NEVER ask WHY something happend.

why are you such a complete fuckroast?

samson, you collect the money ...and slowly realize what a dead end road you are on....the baggage ...the kids....i doubt this woman was well educated or well loved....

no support system...no change out....

i see no difference in yates and smith.....it takes a lot of energy to kill 5 kids...drowning them with them fighting back...you cant tell me at some point she didnt realize what she was doing

Forum List

Back