SC mom killed kids, dumped car in river

One article I read seemed to be painting this murderess into some sort of victim of bad economic times, driven by desperation.

There are no economic circumstances that justify killing a child. None. I don't care how proud a person is or what their political agenda, you suck it up and do what you have to do to feed, house, clothe and educate your kids, whatever that means. Period. You don't fucking kill them.

The only possible justification is severe mental illness, IMO. But then she shouldn't have been in charge of little ones in the first place if it's not under control.

Last edited:
Sheriff: SC mom killed kids, dumped car in river - CenturyLink

This woman's punishment will never be severe enough to fit her crime.

I agree.

However, I wonder how much worse her punishment will be than her life before she committed the murders? Living in a ramshackle house with three kids and her bitchy old mother, doesn't sound like paradise to me.

If women don't wont kids they should keep they're legs closed or take precautions. She could have gave them up for adoption not kill them.

One article I read seemed to be painting this murderess into some sort of victim of bad economic times, driven by desperation.

There are no economic circumstances that justify killing a child. None. I don't care how proud a person is or what their political agenda, you suck it up and do what you have to do to feed, house, clothe and educate your kids, whatever that means. Period. You don't fucking kill them.

The only possible justification is severe mental illness, IMO. But then she shouldn't have been in charge of little ones in the first place if it's not under control.

This is the second time someone like this has broken loose in S.C. (recall Susan Smith, 1994?).

Anyway, I can easily imagine that the poor and ignorant can find themselves in desperate situations that they cannot get themselves out of, and they go crazy (assuming they already didn't have both paddles in the water).

so what punishment would be bad enough for you froggy? and do remember you were the one going on about 'the truth, the way and the light' yesterday....so i ask you...what would jesus do ...with this woman?

Abortion has lessened the value of life so much that something like this doesn't seem like an outrageous solution to the mother sometimes.

This is the second time someone like this has broken loose in S.C. (recall Susan Smith, 1994?).

Anyway, I can easily imagine that the poor and ignorant can find themselves in desperate situations that they cannot get themselves out of, and they go crazy (assuming they already didn't have both paddles in the water).

If it's some kind of mental illness, I can at least understand it - although it has to be pretty severe before the person truly has no control over their actions in a case like this. But then it points to the fact that we need a whole lot better education about and treatment of mental illness in this country. It should be treated like any other condition. It isn't. That needs to change.

ETA: I didn't finish my thought. There are enough hand-ups out there that it's hard to imagine a situation where a person honestly, truly cannot get out of their situation. It might take a lot of time and effort, I get that. But there is a safety net for a reason - both public and private. It may not be pleasant, but nobody promised pleasant. It doesn't have to be so desperate you think killing your kids is the solution.

Last edited:
so what punishment would be bad enough for you froggy? and do remember you were the one going on about 'the truth, the way and the light' yesterday....so i ask you...what would jesus do ...with this woman?

Look at what punishment Jesus took for you, How about reminding her about what she has done for the rest of her life, or just slap her on the hand as they always do in these cases.

She's some sort of soulless being. Not really human. I thought of that woman in California, who killed (we think) her child and then went partying and posted the images on facebook.

There's a big, fat difference between these women and crazy ones, like Andrea Yates. The crazy ones don't try and cover up. They don't lie. They don't run away and hide.

This bitch rented a motel room, smothered her babies (after a struggle with the two year old), carried them to a car without being seen, drove the car into a lake, walked to town, reported a "tragic accident", and stood up to police questioning for several hours.

Guilty.

If it's some kind of mental illness, I can at least understand it - although it has to be pretty severe before the person truly has no control over their actions in a case like this. But then it points to the fact that we need a whole lot better education about and treatment of mental illness in this country. It should be treated like any other condition. It isn't. That needs to change.

She'd had a fight with her mother earlier i think it might have been spite.

Apparently Mom wanted her to stay off the streets, get a job and look after her kids.

Sounds like a terrible parent to me. I'm ready to stamp these murders "excused" -- ain't you?

Forum List

Back