DC mom given $10,800 taxpayer-$ in aid spends $6,000 on MIAMI trip and vacation outfits

Well, the PPP that Trump passed has an estimated $200,000,000,000 in fraud. But MAGA doesn't seem to care about that.

Best that we focus on a black woman, amirite?
Speaking of being obsessed with the peaches in chief.
Have you had to replace the poster of him on your ceiling thats above your bed yet?

Well, the PPP that Trump passed has an estimated $200,000,000,000 in fraud. But MAGA doesn't seem to care about that.

Best that we focus on a black woman, amirite?
Trump printed & gave away $7 trillion buying republican support & exploding inflation.

I don’t think any government handouts should be in the form of money, or something easily exchanged for money. Instead of food stamps, for example, there should be free food shops where welfare people go.

As someone who once provided financial literacy training to welfare recipients (I quit in exasperation), I can’t tell you how many tImes I showed them how the $20 they were spending at the bar twice a week with their friends could be saved for a rainy day - or their future. Nobody cared.

They sell those food stamps for 0.5X as they can't be used for Ripple wine and Newports. Everyone ends up happy as the store owner makes 2X on the deal. Maybe he gives some of them 0.75X or so?

TDS is real. A fucking thread about a LOCAL policy and people blowing money, and now its littered with trump.
The obession with him is REAL. Its sad. They need to do some sort of across the country psychological study on this shit.
You people are fucked. That fat POS owns you tards :lol:

LOL....I guess she will be voting dem. ;)

DC mom given $10,800 taxpayer-funded lump sum as part of scheme to help poor families spends $6,000 on luxury trip to MIAMI and 15 vacation outfits for her three kids

• Canethia Miller, 27, splurged through $10K intended for impoverished mothers
  • She shared how she put a majority of her program cash into a luxury Miami trip
  • Other young moms said they put the windfall into paying down their debts

A Washington DC mom has shared how she splurged most of a $10,000 taxpayer-funded lump sum intended for impoverished mothers on a luxury holiday to Miami.

Canethia Miller, 27, was accepted onto a DC government pilot last year as she and he three children were struggling to make ends meet. The Strong Futures program is one of many across the US - but the only one to offer the cash as a $10,800 lump sum, rather than in 12 smaller monthly installments.

Miller opted for the former - and confessed to the Washington Post that she splurged more than $6,000 of the windfall on a five night trip to Miami for herself and her three sons.

'I wanted to blow it. I wanted to have fun,' she said. The spending spree included 15 brand new outfits for her kids - one for each child for each day of the vacation - and a $180 haircut to make her not 'look like a working, stressed mom.'

Joined by her children's father, they splashed out on luxury amenities including steak dinners, new gadgets and toys for her kids, brand new outfits, and a boat tour past Miami's most expensive mansions.

It's tempting to think this woman is just delusional but she didn't arrive at this all on her own.

Her delusion was built by the same FUBAR system that's trying to build the delusion that men can be women.
You mean someone committed FRAUD

Oh what do you think we should do?

and

What does your premise have todo with your conclusion?
Can't even stay on topic in his own OP.

1708729287419.gif

I live right outside and pay for it indirectly. Instead of using the funds to make DC safer by hiring more cops and fixing decaying structures, they give it to a deadbeat who blows right through it.

I no longer see shows, go to special museum exhibits, sign up for seminars, etc., etc., because DC has become a dangerous shithole.
Brrrr... you lose. Wrong answer. There is no "indirect" paying for this. This is strictly a DC fund. If you don't live in DC, your taxes were not affected. Prove me wrong. Go.

In 2022, the D.C. government announced a pilot program that offered 132 new and expecting low-income mothers $10,800 over the course of a year — no strings attached — intended to assess how unconditional cash payments could improve their families’ outcomes and economic mobility.

Facilitated by the nonprofit Martha’s Table, the $1.5 million Strong Families,
Strong Futures pilot was limited to families in Wards 5, 7 and 8, which contain some of the District’s poorest neighborhoods. The city’s program was based on similar successful cash-transfer pilots that have now been modeled in at least 100 U.S. jurisdictions and drew 1,553 applications in just three weeks, requiring a lottery system to winnow down the final group.

How many trillions have been piddled away since the 1960's and the "Great Society"? They just keep pouring more into black holes of waste on these programs. And blacks are all still whiny six decades later.

A mom of three given nearly $11,000 in a taxpayer-funded program for impoverished families has admitted blowing most of it on a luxurious five-day trip to Miami — even getting a $180 glow-up to not look like a “working” mom while there.

Canethia Miller, 27, was one of 132 mothers in Washington, DC accepted last year into the “Strong Families, Strong Future” pilot program designed to help those living around the poverty line, according to the Washington Post.

She chose to take a no-strings-attached $10,800 lump sum, rather than $900 monthly payments — and immediately spent more than $6,000 on the trip for her, her three sons and their father.

“I wanted to blow it. I wanted to have fun,” she told the DC paper.

2022-washington-dc-one-dc-77020404.jpg

(Canethia Miller, left, plays Uno at Martha's Table during a meet and greet for the Strong Families Strong Futures participants on Oct. 27, 2022 in Washington, DC.)

“[My kids] got to experience something I would never have been able to do if I didn’t have that money.”

For the trips, Miller bought 15 new outfits for her children — one for each child for each day of the vacation — proudly telling the DC paper: “Every outfit they wore was new.”

She also spent $180 getting her hair and nails done makeover, excitedly recalling how good she looked for the trip.

“I didn’t have to look like a working, stressed mom,” she said of the pricy glow-up.

Then in Miami, Miller spent much of her new cash on steak dinners, new gadgets and toys for the children and a boat tour past some of the city’s most expensive mansions.

She justified her spending by saying she hoped to inspire her children and teach them that if they work hard enough, they may one day be able to afford one of the mansions.

Miller then ate up the remainder of the funds on bills and a used car, she said.

180-haircut-make-look-like-77020392_b6751a.jpg

(Miller said she wanted the trip to inspire her sons. Canethia Miller/Facebook)

Last edited:
No maturity
No commitment
No responsibility
Existing solely for gratification which is why so many end up willy nilly preggers

Forum List

Back