Sandy Hook Parents Sue Alex Jones For Defamation...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Parents of children who died in Sandy Hook shooting sue Alex Jones for defamation

The parents of two children killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting have sued Alex Jones, alleging defamation.

The two lawsuits filed Monday accuse Jones — a noted conspiracy theorist who has claimed the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting was a hoax — of peddling lies that have resulted in death threats, HuffPost reported.

The lawsuits, which were both filed in Austin, Texas, are seeking more than $1 million in damages from Jones, Infowars and Free Speech Systems LLC.

The lawsuits were brought by Neil Heslin, the father of a six-year-old boy killed in the massacre, and Leonard Pozner and Veronique De La Rosa, who also lost their child in the Sandy Hook shooting.

“Even after these folks had to experience this trauma, for the next five years they were tormented by Alex Jones with vicious lies about them,” Mark Bankston, the lawyer handling the cases for the parents, told HuffPost.

“And these lies were meant to convince his audience that the Sandy Hook parents are frauds and have perpetrated a sinister lie on the American people.”

Bankston said he thinks it is a "surreal experience" as a father.

“Anyone, parents or not, who spends 15 minutes talking to one of these parents will understand immediately how vile this lie was, and how genuine their pain is," he told the publication.

There are at least two other cases that accuse Jones of defamation, according to the report.

Jones has in the past raised conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook shooting. In November 2016, he said: “The only problem is, I’ve watched a lot of soap operas, and I’ve seen actors before. And I know when I’m watching a movie and when I’m watching something real.”

The 2012 Sandy Hook shooting left more than 20 people dead. Gun control has become a central issue in the country recently since a gunman opened fire at a high school in Parkland, Fla.

Students who survived the shooting have been rallying lawmakers and demanding new gun laws to prevent future shootings.

Parkland students have also been at the center of multiple conspiracy theories since becoming vocal gun control advocates.

Good for them. This snake oil salesman has robbed his followers of millions with his bullshit supplements and boner pills. Take him for everything he's got for all I care.

Good luck with that. Everyone knows those children are still alive on Mars as slaves.

0E44F60E-DBA5-4EE9-AC6C-4107AA1B3FD1.jpeg

These fuckers are looking for paydays however they can get them. Its pathetic.
Suing Remington? Suing some douchebag on the internet? Come on guys.. smh

Parents of children who died in Sandy Hook shooting sue Alex Jones for defamation

The parents of two children killed in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting have sued Alex Jones, alleging defamation.

The two lawsuits filed Monday accuse Jones — a noted conspiracy theorist who has claimed the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting was a hoax — of peddling lies that have resulted in death threats, HuffPost reported.

The lawsuits, which were both filed in Austin, Texas, are seeking more than $1 million in damages from Jones, Infowars and Free Speech Systems LLC.

The lawsuits were brought by Neil Heslin, the father of a six-year-old boy killed in the massacre, and Leonard Pozner and Veronique De La Rosa, who also lost their child in the Sandy Hook shooting.

“Even after these folks had to experience this trauma, for the next five years they were tormented by Alex Jones with vicious lies about them,” Mark Bankston, the lawyer handling the cases for the parents, told HuffPost.

“And these lies were meant to convince his audience that the Sandy Hook parents are frauds and have perpetrated a sinister lie on the American people.”

Bankston said he thinks it is a "surreal experience" as a father.

“Anyone, parents or not, who spends 15 minutes talking to one of these parents will understand immediately how vile this lie was, and how genuine their pain is," he told the publication.

There are at least two other cases that accuse Jones of defamation, according to the report.

Jones has in the past raised conspiracy theories about the Sandy Hook shooting. In November 2016, he said: “The only problem is, I’ve watched a lot of soap operas, and I’ve seen actors before. And I know when I’m watching a movie and when I’m watching something real.”

The 2012 Sandy Hook shooting left more than 20 people dead. Gun control has become a central issue in the country recently since a gunman opened fire at a high school in Parkland, Fla.

Students who survived the shooting have been rallying lawmakers and demanding new gun laws to prevent future shootings.

Parkland students have also been at the center of multiple conspiracy theories since becoming vocal gun control advocates.

Good for them. This snake oil salesman has robbed his followers of millions with his bullshit supplements and boner pills. Take him for everything he's got for all I care.
I hope they stick it to him hard. The amount of harassment Jones has brought on these families is disgusting.

They've received death threats because Alex Jones pushes the idea that they're paid actors. That's a pretty clear cut defamation suit.

They've received death threats because Alex Jones pushes the idea that they're paid actors. That's a pretty clear cut defamation suit.
Can it be traced to him?
Maybe remington will sue those fuckers for telling the country its their fault the crazy kid shot their children.

Can it be traced to him?
Maybe remington will sue those fuckers for telling the country its their fault the crazy kid shot their children.

Yes it can be traced to him. His quote is in the article I posted.

Grief makes people do fucked up things. Suing Remington was silly; however, suing someone that claims you’re lying about your children being slaughtered likely meets the legal standards of defamation.

It's the free market.....or how it is suppose to work.....entrepreneurs free to do what they want, until someone sues them for doing something wrong, which reels them back in....

Instead of excessive regulation by our gvt upfront.

Can it be traced to him?
Can Remington even afford a lawyer for that anymore? :rofl:

Grief makes people do fucked up things. Suing Remington was silly; however, suing someone that claims you’re lying about your children being slaughtered likely meets the legal standards of defamation.
Well they cant sue the actual killer of their children, because he is dead.. So a lawyer needs to get his cut, and look for whoever comes next.

BREAKING: FBI Releases Docs On Sandy Hook Showing Feds Visited Shooter BEFORE Massacre
The FBI documents reveal a visit to the home he shared with his mother by federal agents after he hacked into a government computer.

“The authorities told her that if her son was that smart, he could have a job with them someday,” according to one of the heavily-redacted reports, as reported by the NY Daily News.
Amazing that the left wants to give up their rights, and have the government take care of them from cradle to grave, and the grave may come sooner than they think....

Where will MindWars get his news if Infowars is bankrupted? :)
Maybe steph will be reasonable once she can’t binge-take Jones’ fake supplements anymore
Steph?

Is mind wars Stephanie?
Compare the rants. You really think steph was going to leave?
I've had no patience for mind wars..... if I knew it was Stephanie, I would have been nicer and had more patience..... I thought mind wars was just a fairly new Russian troll...... :(

I just want to clarify i think alex is a lying asshole. I am just tired of hearing about these people and their quest for $

Forum List

Back