Bankruptcy Won't help Alex Jones. much. He still has to pay 1.1` billion to parents of Sandy Hook victims.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2014
Alex Jones thought he could get out of paying the 1.5 billion that was awarded to the parents of Sandy Hook victims by filing bankruptcy. It did slightly lower his cost, but the judge ordered him to pay at least 1.1 billion. Some lawyers fees might be bypassed by the bankruptsey, but the part going to his victims must be paid. Not sure if that will put Jones out of business, but I hope it does.

Speaking of "not paying" OJ Simpson has never paid ONE DIME to the family of Nicole, that he brutally murdered. Not to throw your thread but there are those out there finding ways to not pay the judgements decided in court.

Alex Jones thought he could get out of paying the 1.5 billion that was awarded to the parents of Sandy Hook victims by filing bankruptcy. It did slightly lower his cost, but the judge ordered him to pay at least 1.1 billion. Some lawyers fees might be bypassed by the bankruptsey, but the part going to his victims must be paid. Not sure if that will put Jones out of business, but I hope it does.
he hasnt missed a day of work since this all started and dont expect him to ever miss a day,,,

Speaking of "not paying" OJ Simpson has never paid ONE DIME to the family of Nicole, that he brutally murdered. Not to throw your thread but there are those out there finding ways to not pay the judgements decided in court.
I suppose that is a possibility, and the issue bears watching, but at this point our justice system has worked as it should.

Keep in mind, a judgment cannot attach future earnings. A billion dollar judgment the day before B'ruptcy is worthless the day after. Once he is discharged in B'ruptcy, all of the prior debts are extinguished. So he may be starting over with very little, but I suspect he is earning a good bit of money going forward. He won't starve.

We have a (black) Cornel professor (and other left wingers) who cheer about the attack on Israel and the beheading of infants and the burning and the murder and kidnapping of Americans but that don't matter. Screw the 1st Amendment, if you speak out of line and you are the wrong color and political persuasion they will hunt you down and drive you to bankruptcy if they can.

I hope he doesn’t go out of business. He needs income to pay the judgement

Keep in mind, a judgment cannot attach future earnings. A billion dollar judgment the day before B'ruptcy is worthless the day after. Once he is discharged in B'ruptcy, all of the prior debts are extinguished. So he may be starting over with very little, but I suspect he is earning a good bit of money going forward. He won't starve.

Didn't read the link, did you? Here's a quote from said link

Bankruptcy can be used to wipe out debts and legal judgments, but not if they result from "willful or malicious injury" caused by the debtor, according to a decision by U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Christopher Lopez in Houston, Texas.

Courts in Connecticut and Texas have already ruled that Jones intentionally defamed relatives of school children killed in the mass shooting, and they have ordered Jones to pay $1.5 billion in damages.

YARN | What can I tell you? You can't get blood from a turnip. | The  Simpsons (1989) - S06E15 Comedy | Video gifs by quotes | aa958662 | 紗

It hasn’t stopped him from doing a new show, thank God.

He is a joy to listen to.

Apparently the 1st Amendment doesn't apply to right wing speakers in college or victims of tragic events in Israel that compelled them to post pictures of their kidnapped relatives. Every high profile conservative speaker has been the victim of assault on a college campus and today the enemies of our Country rip down the posters of kidnapped Americans and nobody is sued into bankruptcy.

Forum List

Back