San Fran first city to hit $10 minimum wage.

I'll second the idea that this may ultimately be a good thing. California is in the process of self-destructing, they know it, and yet they keep doubling down. Their ideology has completely blinded them to the consequences of their actions.

And yes, the danger here is that this madness may end up requiring federal funds to fix. Then perhaps that's when the American people finally put their foot down about profligate spending - or at least it will instigate a clear debate in this country about the role, cost, size and scope of government.

Pouring gasoline on a roaring fire sure is an interesting approach.

I'll second the idea that this may ultimately be a good thing. California is in the process of self-destructing, they know it, and yet they keep doubling down. Their ideology has completely blinded them to the consequences of their actions.

And yes, the danger here is that this madness may end up requiring federal funds to fix. Then perhaps that's when the American people finally put their foot down about profligate spending - or at least it will instigate a clear debate in this country about the role, cost, size and scope of government.

Pouring gasoline on a roaring fire sure is an interesting approach.

Where do the dollars earned by a minimum wage worker go, and where do the tax dollars saved by the 1% go?

It doesn't require critical thinking to realize the formers earnings are quickly infused into the local economy - most minimum wage worders do not invest in emerging markets. The minimum wage worker likely pays rent and buys food and clothing in the local community.

Where do the dollars of millionaires and billionaires go? Investing in America is the myth; investing in foregin markets, rare art and precious metals maybe closer to the truth. We know they spend little to nothing at the local used book store, the local deli, mall or mom and pop shop (and even if they do shop locally, how much more does a wealthy person spend than a minimum wage earner at the deli?).

The dollars of minimum wage workers end up in China or India because they produce the kind of cheap goods purchased by minimum wage workers.

If people could "simply move" no one would live in shitty school districts.

And they shouldn't. There's no excuse for sending your kids to school in a shitty district. I have no sympathy at all for people who live in the ghetto or in hurricane zones, they're doing so by choice.

People born into a ghetto environment have very little opportunity to get out. The only "easy" way is to join the military. Often that is not an option do to intellectual defficiencies, or legal impediments.

Yeah... living with the consequences of your actions when you make the decision to do criminal behavior is a bitch, ain't it?? But we nor the government exist to make things easy when you make such bad decisions...

And if you do not make bad decisions that have you getting caught for committing crimes, there is nothing about 'living in the ghetto' that prevents you from pursuing anything you want for a career, education etc... you may have to work your way thru school, or even work 2 jobs while getting educated part time.... you may have to even wait til you are older to have a shot at achieving your goal.... you may find joining the military to get out and earn college tuition is the option for you.... but you have the same freedoms as any other citizen to pursue those dreams...

And if you have intellectual deficiencies, your dream to be a rocket scientist may not come true no matter where your living environment is... just as a person with 1 leg may be pipe dreaming when having a super dream to be in the NBA as a star player

Last edited:
[
You tell me, the city of San Fransisco are the ones who increased there wage, or are you making my point for me that the rest of America has to pay for it?

Tourism is the big business for San Francisco and the number one tax generator.

So, in effect, the rest of the world VOLUNTARILY pays whatever cost is built into SF's minimum wage.

Free market at work.

Where do the dollars earned by a minimum wage worker go, and where do the tax dollars saved by the 1% go?

It doesn't require critical thinking to realize the formers earnings are quickly infused into the local economy - most minimum wage worders do not invest in emerging markets. The minimum wage worker likely pays rent and buys food and clothing in the local community.

Where do the dollars of millionaires and billionaires go? Investing in America is the myth; investing in foregin markets, rare art and precious metals maybe closer to the truth. We know they spend little to nothing at the local used book store, the local deli, mall or mom and pop shop (and even if they do shop locally, how much more does a wealthy person spend than a minimum wage earner at the deli?).

I'll let you worry about where the money from the "one percent" goes.

If a person is paid more without producing more, without creating value for his employer, then all he is doing is increasing his employer's net cost of doing business. What do you suppose then happens? Either the employer must raise prices, higher fewer employees, cut costs in other ways, or some combination therein.

I have no interest in the Politics of Envy. I'm more concerned about the economy. And I'm all for California making itself less competitive, as Colorado will no doubt benefit.

Bottom line is, lefties do not want to take responsibility for themselves or there policies, because both are failures, good night all, and fuck you leftists retards, you all deserve a good ass fucken by the local bull, you mindless uneducated pricks.

The nicest thing I can say about you and this post is that you are one. sick. puppy. :cuckoo:

Well, you can't expect too much intelligence from an 11 B. And even less from a Steelers fan.

Because like most other things they implement in nanny states eventually they wont be able to afford continuing it, and just like any other type of program that government implements, you just cant jerk it out from under the peoples feet once they get used to getting it "Remember the lefts argument on why SS could not be reigned in?" so eventually Cali will ask for Federal Help in keeping with there failed policies.
It's not like this has not happened before, those of us living in reality know what's going to happen.

How does increasing the minimum wage increase costs to the city of San Francisco?

You tell me, the city of San Fransisco are the ones who increased there wage, or are you making my point for me that the rest of America has to pay for it?

How does increasing the minimum wage cost the city of San Francisco anything?

How would "the rest of America" have to pay for something that doesn't cost anything to the city?

How does increasing the minimum wage increase costs to the city of San Francisco?

How does increasing the minimum wage cost the city of San Francisco anything?

How would "the rest of America" have to pay for something that doesn't cost anything to the city?

It sets a bad example.

Next thing you know, workers in Gooberville, AL will want 10 bucks an hour also.

And the last thing this country needs is well paid workers.

Forum List

Back