San Fran first city to hit $10 minimum wage.

This is a GOOD thing. It will hasten San Francisco's descent into third worldism as business flees.

San Francisco Becomes First U.S. City To Top $10 Minimum Wage | Fox News
These people are morons, the price of everything else is going to go up right along with it, and they can barely pay there bills to begin with. I just hope they dont plan to fund this with Federal Money because the rest of us out here in reality cannot afford there shitty policies.

At one point our state democrats had our minimum over 9 an hour.

Suddenly they back peddled. and it stands at 8.67.

They were having trouble with all the other prices going up and business being hamstrung.

Odds of Federal dems getting a clue. NONE...........

This is a GOOD thing. It will hasten San Francisco's descent into third worldism as business flees.

I have to agree with you that it will hasten there decent, but disagree with it being a good thing. The rest of us have to foot the bill for there irresponsibility in California, always have. I hope if Obama is ousted from office that we get a Christy type of president that tells Cali to kiss the rest of our asses and that they are on there own with there irresponsibility.
It's like the old saying goes, however goes california the rest of the united states will follow, if they fail, we all fail right behind them.

I have to agree with you that it will hasten there decent, but disagree with it being a good thing. The rest of us have to foot the bill for there irresponsibility in California, always have. I hope if Obama is ousted from office that we get a Christy type of president that tells Cali to kiss the rest of our asses and that they are on there own with there irresponsibility.
It's like the old saying goes, however goes california the rest of the united states will follow, if they fail, we all fail right behind them.

Telling California to kiss the collective ass of America is likewise a good thing. Sometimes the only way to change destructive behavior is to fully experience the consequences of that behavior.

These people are morons, the price of everything else is going to go up right along with it, and they can barely pay there bills to begin with. I just hope they dont plan to fund this with Federal Money because the rest of us out here in reality cannot afford there shitty policies.

You hate local government I guess.

Nope, I hate a local government that implements policies that the rest of America has to pay for. If San Francisco will pay for this themselves and can afford it, I support them in it. It's when they rely on the rest of America to pay for there decisions is when I hate them.

Nope, I hate a local government that implements policies that the rest of America has to pay for. If San Francisco will pay for this themselves and can afford it, I support them in it. It's when they rely on the rest of America to pay for there decisions is when I hate them.
PLease elabortate on how I' have to pay for their minimum wage increase

What is the unemployment rate in San Fran?

Whatever it was yesterday is nothing, just wait until after this goes full blown, it will surely get higher.

Just like how unemployment soared after Clinton raised the minimum wage. Man those 90's were tough times.

People where creating jobs back then, Clinton did not have his foot on job creators throats either like Obama and the Democrats are doing right now. Different era. Shitty example on your part.

Telling California to kiss the collective ass of America is likewise a good thing. Sometimes the only way to change destructive behavior is to fully experience the consequences of that behavior.

I agree, stop federally funding them, and let that city live with it's own policies, maybe only then would the people get sick of it and elect responsible leaders into office.

On more thread and one more example of simplistic thinking and a failure to understand cause(s) and effect. New Right supporters are in general stupid, ignorant or willfully so and do not understand microeconomics; most have never been to San Francisco yet make broad judgments based on little more than emotion and the propaganda of conservative media talking heads.

Actually, this is the perfect example of why local governments are supremely better. If this policy starts to drive out businesses and wreck havoc on San Francisco's economy, people can simply move. However, if this was done at a federal level then you have nowhere to go, we're all screwed.

Actually, this is the perfect example of why local governments are supremely better. If this policy starts to drive out businesses and wreck havoc on San Francisco's economy, people can simply move. However, if this was done at a federal level then you have nowhere to go, we're all screwed.

What better way to get money circulating to small business? Giving tax breaks to the uber-wealthy is a myth, a RW taking point with no basis in reality.

Whatever it was yesterday is nothing, just wait until after this goes full blown, it will surely get higher.

Just like how unemployment soared after Clinton raised the minimum wage. Man those 90's were tough times.

People where creating jobs back then, Clinton did not have his foot on job creators throats either like Obama and the Democrats are doing right now. Different era. Shitty example on your part.

Clinton raised taxes AND the minimum wage. So I'm not sure how you can justify your statement in the context of right wing ideology.

If people could "simply move" no one would live in shitty school districts.

Who works at minimum wage jobs anyway? Fast-food helpers at the bottom of the ladder. Maybe some janitors? But not even most of them.

If you think this is going to cause ANY large-scale effect, you're not thinking (which is of course typical for right-wing talk-radio parrots; thinking ain't exactly their strong suit).

Anyway, there's no evidence that increases in minimum wage cause either increased unemployment or widespread price increases, although it might cause a slight hike in the price of a Big Mac.

Forum List

Back