same sex marriage

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
they're not really married cause, the preacher preforming the cerimony is apperently a fraud. how could you go against the book your preaching from. because the bible plainly says it wrong.

In the United States same sex marriage doesnt have to do with religious institutions recognizing the marriage rather the state, which is a secular democracy, recognizing it.

And, of course, marriage is not a concept that is unique to Christianity... Also, if a certain group of Christians wants to recognize same sex marriage its their decision. No demoniation of christianity follows everything as stated in the bible. ALL and I do mean ALL christians pick and choose what they want to believe from the bible.

American Christians crack me up.

Ask, "Do you know any gays"? Answer, "And I don't want to either".

Ask, "Is gay a choice"? Answer, "Yes".

Ask, "Did you choose"? Answer, "No".

Ask, "Will a gay marriage destroy yours"? Answer, "No, of course not".

Ask, "Why not let them get married"? Answer, "Because it will destroy the institution of marriage".

Ask, "But not yours"? Answer, "Not mine".

Ask, "Where do gays come from"? Answer, "I don't know".

Ask, "Did you know that gays are the children of Christians"? Answer, "No way".

Ask, "What if your son was gay", Answer, "No way, I didn't raise him to be gay".

Ask, "But what if he were"? Answer, "I would have to disown him and that would be his choice".

And the ignorance goes round and round.

In the United States same sex marriage doesnt have to do with religious institutions recognizing the marriage rather the state, which is a secular democracy, recognizing it.

And, of course, marriage is not a concept that is unique to Christianity... Also, if a certain group of Christians wants to recognize same sex marriage its their decision. No demoniation of christianity follows everything as stated in the bible. ALL and I do mean ALL christians pick and choose what they want to believe from the bible.

where does it say in the bible "just use the parts that suits you and you'll be alright".

Ex-Miss California sues over gay marriage comment
Reuters - 9-1-09‎
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former Miss California USA Carrie Prejean has sued beauty pageant organizers claiming she was wrongfully fired for saying marriage should be only between a man and a woman, her lawyer said on Monday.

Copy%20of%20carrie-prejean-pic.jpg

Ask, "Why not let them get married"? Answer, "Because it will destroy the institution of marriage".

Ask, "What if your son was gay", Answer, "No way, I didn't raise him to be gay".

Ask, "But what if he were"? Answer, "I would have to disown him and that would be his choice".

OK--I am going to try and read the Christian Tea leaves for a second.

In practice, homosexuality is a sin. Yet the church mission is to teach people to turn away from sin. But how can the church accomplish this if it turn away gays. The same goes with Christians--they are suppose to embrace homosexuals and teach them that same sex practice is immoral and detasteful in the eyes of their lord. If the homosexual disagrees, then the homosexual is left with the choice of abandoning that belief system.

Bottomline, there is no such thing as same sex marriage in christianity, and all Homosexuals that seek marriage are therefor not christians. This is true regardless of what they think Christianity is or if they think they are christians.

So if you are gay, and want to get married, then get ready to "burn forever in the lakes of Fire and brimstone and bathe in the agony of Satan's hatred towards you" Or call christianity a false religion and move on with your life!!

where does it say in the bible "just use the parts that suits you and you'll be alright".

I dont think it does. I am making a statement based on actual and real life religious practices, preferences, and beliefs of christians.

I dont think it does. I am making a statement based on actual and real life religious practices, preferences, and beliefs of christians.

the bible says they'll be known by the fruit they bare.

"did she hurt someones feeling that was over the pageant?"

She broke her contract and paid the price....now she wants a payday and some fame.

they're not really married cause, the preacher preforming the cerimony is apperently a fraud. how could you go against the book your preaching from. because the bible plainly says it wrong.

Speaking of frauds, how's tricks Fraudy?

Are you one of those foaming at the mouth rabid ultra right wing christians who thinks that the prohibition of gays comes from the book of Leviticus?

If so, you're wrong to do so, as Leviticus was a book of the Old Testament that was written specifically for JEWISH PRIESTS!

Would you do a Catholic mass in your church if you're not Catholic? If not, then leave Leviticus to the Jewish priests.

And quit cherry picking out of the Bible to promote your own twisted hate.

the bible says they'll be known by the fruit they bare.

Cool. Well then good for the bible...

Since I am not a christian whether or not churches allow for gay marriage is of little relevance to me. As I already stated in the United States same sex marriage doesnt have to do with religious institutions recognizing the marriage rather the state, which is a secular democracy, recognizing it. This will happen in the near future.

OK--I am going to try and read the Christian Tea leaves for a second.

In practice, homosexuality is a sin. Yet the church mission is to teach people to turn away from sin. But how can the church accomplish this if it turn away gays. The same goes with Christians--they are suppose to embrace homosexuals and teach them that same sex practice is immoral and detasteful in the eyes of their lord. If the homosexual disagrees, then the homosexual is left with the choice of abandoning that belief system.

Bottomline, there is no such thing as same sex marriage in christianity, and all Homosexuals that seek marriage are therefor not christians. This is true regardless of what they think Christianity is or if they think they are christians.

So if you are gay, and want to get married, then get ready to "burn forever in the lakes of Fire and brimstone and bathe in the agony of Satan's hatred towards you" Or call christianity a false religion and move on with your life!!

There are no "lakes of fire" or "Eden’s" or "land of Milk and Cookies". None of that exists.
Funny, a Christian says gays should stop being gay and marry a woman. If you ask the same Christian, "Would you want your daughter or sister to marry a gay"? They will always say no way. They want their daughter or sister to marry someone who is going to love them.

The real sin is to expect an adult man or woman to go through their entire life without the loving, sexual touch of another adult. How people can wish that one someone who doesn't "choose" that life style simply has to be a cold bastard.

And, to try to use the mystical beliefs of a primitive Middle Eastern desert people as the reason behind such mean behavior is just plain cruel. I often wonder, are these the same people that pull one wing off a fly just so they can laugh at it going in circles?

I don't understand how people can turn normal sexual attraction into these "sins" and point to a non existent made up supernatural spirit being as the reason. If "God" wants certain things, let him show up and make the demand. It's never going to happen. Even the credulous know that for a fact.

Speaking of frauds, how's tricks Fraudy?

Are you one of those foaming at the mouth rabid ultra right wing christians who thinks that the prohibition of gays comes from the book of Leviticus?

If so, you're wrong to do so, as Leviticus was a book of the Old Testament that was written specifically for JEWISH PRIESTS!

Would you do a Catholic mass in your church if you're not Catholic? If not, then leave Leviticus to the Jewish priests.

And quit cherry picking out of the Bible to promote your own twisted hate.

i have no hate look first cor. 6;9

Froggy doesn't seem to know much about this country. Perhaps, he is not an American.
1) in this country, you can be married in a court house by a Justice of the Peace or some other court clerk depending on your state/county laws.
2)in this country, not everyone is christian.

Did you know?
* Of 32,000 verses in the Bible, only five directly mention homosexuality.
* The Qur'an only directly mentions homosexuality once.
* Leviticus, the book of the Bible which stipulates death for homosexuality, requires the same punishment for adultery, pre-marital sex, disobedient children and blasphemy.
* The Biblical Jesus does not condemn homosexuality.
* The destruction of the Biblical city of Sodom was due to their mistreatment of strangers.
* The Bible never condemns same sex marriage.
* The Biblical David and Jonathan had a formal same-sex union.
* 'Traditional marriage' in the Bible includes polygamy.
* No known sacred text forbids same sex marriage.
* Very few sacred texts even mention homosexuality.
* Hindu and other far eastern sacred texts do not condemn homosexuality.
* Homosexuality is not unnatural, it is practised by hundreds of species of animals.

LGBT Texts

Might wanna check your Bible again Fraud-y

Forum List

Back