Ron Paul says tornado victims should not get aid

It is the STATE Government that is asking the FEDERAL Government for disaster aid. The Federal Government has resources that are not available at the state level

And that's because the State governments have ceded too much power to the Feds. If we fixed that problem, the States would have significantly more resources and be able to help themselves.

That and they think there is "free" money available, of course they are going to ask. I think they would be better off without the Feds.

It is the STATE Government that is asking the FEDERAL Government for disaster aid. The Federal Government has resources that are not available at the state level

And that's because the State governments have ceded too much power to the Feds. If we fixed that problem, the States would have significantly more resources and be able to help themselves.

That and they think there is "free" money available, of course they are going to ask. I think they would be better off without the Feds.

Sure. What governor is going to be the patsy that passed up 'free money' when neighboring governors are getting it? But if there wasn't any 'free money' for the asking, I can guarantee there would be a whole lot less 'need' for it.

Meanwhile there are legitimate requests for help. For instance federal assistance in clearing roads, restoring communications, setting up field hospitals, transporting in emergency rations, evacuating people, and providing other emergency critical assistance would be appropriate when community resources are destroyed and state resources are inadequate in an unexpectedly large scale disaster. Also these are things that are not covered by individual insurance policies.

But immediate emergency involvement should not morph into ongoing welffare or still another entitlement program.

Last edited:
If you own a house, as a matter of personal financial responsibility, you ought to have it insured. It's silly to invest your money into something that costs so much money and not protect yourself financially.

As far as government financial assistance in the event of a tragic event such as all the tornadoes days ago, I myself personally would rather see the money come from the government to assist those victims rather than to go to some other country in the form of foreign aid.

Each state cannot prepare for a mega disaster. Having the Federal Government prepared to bring disaster relief where it is needed is more cost effective than 50 states preparing for a disaster that may never come

Look at the massive fires in Arizona and California last years. Those states cannot afford to keep the manpower and equipment on hand to battle thousands of square miles of fire. The Federal Government is able to bring in personnel and resources from around the country

Last edited:
Ron Paul Says Tornado Victims Should Fend For Themselves, Ohio Gov. Kasich Forces Them To Do So By Refusing Federal Disaster Aid

Ron Paul Says Tornado Victims Should Fend For Themselves, Ohio Gov. Kasich Forces Them To Do So By Refusing Federal Disaster Aid: Chicagoist

Ohio Gov. John Kasich on Monday reconsidered his rejection of federal help in tornado-stricken communities and asked federal inspectors to assess the damage as soon as possible.

A team from the Federal Emergency Management Agency is expected to arrive Tuesday in Clermont County to survey the storm damage and determine whether the region qualifies for financial or logistical assistance.

Kasich reverses stand on federal disaster help | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

Can you fucking believe it???????????????????

Republicans on this board complaining about Obama when you have one presidential nominee telling disaster victims, "You are on your own".

And the Governor of the hardest hit area trying to score political points by letting the people of his state suffer?

I guess their slogan really is "Let Him Die".

When did these people go insane? Is is a virus?

Read your link and watched the video.. at no point does Ron Paul say Tornado Victims Should Fend For Themselves (let them die at work?)

Another rdean lie.

That kind of nonsense deserves several threads.

As I sit here in comfort on generator power.

I did have my farm manager go and buy an entire van load of food and stuff for the real victims of the tornadoes though.
And have a house full of neighbors who do not have generators.
There are no more generators to buy around here.
Ahh madness and mayhem but I will survive that too.

Last edited:
That kind of nonsense deserves several threads.

As I sit here in comfort on generator power.

I did have my farm manager go and buy an entire van load of food and stuff for the real victims of the tornadoes though.
And have a house full of neighbors who do not have generators.
There are no more generators to buy around here.
Ahh madness and mayhem but I will survive that too.

Sitting there waiting for the federalis tax money to come save you?

Fuck no. You shouldn't share the OP sentiment.

Read your link and watched the video.. at no point does Ron Paul say Tornado Victims Should Fend For Themselves (let them die at work?)

Another rdean lie.

You can't be serious. No relief for disaster victims is one of Paul's most popular spiels. Go to Youtube and do a search on "Ron Paul against FEMA". You can watch him rail against disaster relief till your heart's content.

How is it possible for you guys to have so little knowledge about your presidential candidates?

You seriously scare me.

So one thread wasnt enough? rdean has to make another one to blatantly lie?

Im hardly going to be accused of being a Paul fan, but he's right that the Federal Government has no authority to be involved in disaster aid. Apparently, rdean thinks that because he wont help them personally, no one else will.

Another rdean lie.

You can't be serious. No relief for disaster victims is one of Paul's most popular spiels. Go to Youtube and do a search on "Ron Paul against FEMA". You can watch him rail against disaster relief till your heart's content.

How is it possible for you guys to have so little knowledge about your presidential candidates?

You seriously scare me.

Of course he's serious. Because, unlike you, he actually looks at what people say in context. See, he doesn't have some agenda to destroy everyone with an R or a D next to their name regardless of evidence.

Another rdean lie.

You seriously scare me.

Yeah, FEMA's Katrina effort was an epic performance. Upgrade that unit. :rolleyes:

So one thread wasnt enough? rdean has to make another one to blatantly lie?

Im hardly going to be accused of being a Paul fan, but he's right that the Federal Government has no authority to be involved in disaster aid. Apparently, rdean thinks that because he wont help them personally, no one else will.

Beautiful to see States stand up against the intrusion of the Federal Government.

Speaking about the governor of Ohio turning down funds to help people who have lost everything, even family members.

Gee, who said that you swine.

]
camp_fema+dees.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back