Ron Paul says tornado victims should not get aid

We have had our home, automobiles, and business property insured with State Farm for decades now and my husband is a (now retired) senior general all lines insurance adjuster that has worked all manner of catastophe's including hurricanes. We have never seen State Farm EVER refuse to pay a claim that they owed. The problem is with people who don't understand what their policies do and don't cover.

The standard Homeowner's policy covers fire, wind, hail, and other normal perils. It does not cover business property, flood damage, or earthquake damage. Such coverage is available as rider's or separate policies however. If you are renting a place, the owner's insurance will not cover your stuff even in case of fire, wind, hail or other normal perils. You need to buy your own renter's insurance.

Again immediate emergency assistance in a major catastrophe is appropriate for the Federal government if local or state services are inadequate. It should not be replacing property that should have been insured, it should not be supporting displaced people indefinitely, and it should not be doing anything other than immediate necessary emergency assistance.

Read your link and watched the video.. at no point does Ron Paul say Tornado Victims Should Fend For Themselves (let them die at work?)

Another rdean lie.

You can't be serious. No relief for disaster victims is one of Paul's most popular spiels. Go to Youtube and do a search on "Ron Paul against FEMA". You can watch him rail against disaster relief till your heart's content.

How is it possible for you guys to have so little knowledge about your presidential candidates?

You seriously scare me.

Yeah, FEMA's Katrina effort was an epic performance. Upgrade that unit. :rolleyes:

That's what happens when you put Republicans in charge. Thanks for clearing that up.

Each state cannot prepare for a mega disaster. Having the Federal Government prepared to bring disaster relief where it is needed is more cost effective than 50 states preparing for a disaster that may never come

Look at the massive fires in Arizona and California last years. Those states cannot afford to keep the manpower and equipment on hand to battle thousands of square miles of fire. The Federal Government is able to bring in personnel and resources from around the country

Why exactly can't each state be prepared for a mega disaster?
look at hurricane katrina. do you think LA alone could have prepared for that? lousiana only has 4.5 million people. Hurricane katrina cost approx $110B in damage. that means each resident would be responsible for approx $25k worth of the damage. that is unrealistic

Loisiana is one of our poorest states. They also get much more federal aid than they pay in taxes If they were expected to be responsible for all the disaster cleanup they would have gone bankrupt. As it is......ALL Americans helped them in their time of need and that is the way it should be

You can't be serious. No relief for disaster victims is one of Paul's most popular spiels. Go to Youtube and do a search on "Ron Paul against FEMA". You can watch him rail against disaster relief till your heart's content.

How is it possible for you guys to have so little knowledge about your presidential candidates?

You seriously scare me.

Yeah, FEMA's Katrina effort was an epic performance. Upgrade that unit. :rolleyes:

FEMA under Bush was in itself a disaster. We all know that.

FACT is that FEMA and Homeland Security under Obama works very well.

LOOK IT UP.

That isn't how it works, dingleberry. You brought up how well they work under your supreme leader. Now let's see some insttances where that is true. I'll wait.

And that's because the State governments have ceded too much power to the Feds. If we fixed that problem, the States would have significantly more resources and be able to help themselves.

That and they think there is "free" money available, of course they are going to ask. I think they would be better off without the Feds.

Each state cannot prepare for a mega disaster. Having the Federal Government prepared to bring disaster relief where it is needed is more cost effective than 50 states preparing for a disaster that may never come

Look at the massive fires in Arizona and California last years. Those states cannot afford to keep the manpower and equipment on hand to battle thousands of square miles of fire. The Federal Government is able to bring in personnel and resources from around the country

Why exactly can't each state be prepared for a mega disaster?

This is part and parcel with you guys. You are looking to break up the United States.

Ain't happening any time soon.

FEMA under Bush was in itself a disaster. We all know that.

FACT is that FEMA and Homeland Security under Obama works very well.

LOOK IT UP.

That isn't how it works, dingleberry. You brought up how well they work under your supreme leader. Now let's see some insttances where that is true. I'll wait.

Hurricane Irene.

Read all about it.

Hurricane Irene and the benefits of Big Government - The Washington Post

But Ron Paul wants taxpayers to pay for his airplane trips and then he bills his supporters too....

lulz. Having been in direct aid to VT, and Ny myself, the only reason FEMA was even remotely effective is because of class A ground work by the states. Oh, and the fact they didn't have to actually consult with states they just moved right in thanks to congress giving them broadened authority.

Without local know how, they would have botched the deal just as bad as Katrina. Hence, they are not really worth having adn should dismantled to the state level. We have national guard for when the statre requires tactical help such as Irene.

if that's all FEMA has going for it, it isn't much at all.

Ron Paul says tornado victims should not get aid | 11alive.com

Nuts. My heart goes out to the people in tornado alley and I have no problem with my tax dollars going to help the survivors rebuild their lives.

Classic Ron Paul.

At least in Ron Paul's world the tornado victims will have legalized drugs and prostitiution to comfort them.

A democrat speaking out against personal liberties, while speaking in favor of spreading the wealth around, not so rare anymore.

There's neocons who pretend to be conservative but don't care about budgets and spending, and neolibs like Chris who pretend to be liberal but hate the idea of personal liberties.

Republicans are fucking heartless.

You are such an emotional little twit, derp. There is NO AUTHORIZATION for the Federal government to do the things you want it to do so you can FEEL GOOD. Usurping the Constitution every time you turn around isn't good for it (adherence) or the People (dependency)

If you want to me to put it in comparable terms, Democrats are fucking spoiled babies.

Ok Paulestinian...:cuckoo:

Ron Paul Takes Double Reimbursements On Travel Expenses According To Capitol Hill Newspaper - Business Insider

But Ron Paul wants taxpayers to pay for his airplane trips and then he bills his supporters too....

Umm... no.

I love when a neocon pretends to care about money and how it's spent.

Ron Paul returns over $140,000 to the U.S. Treasury | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Last year, we took notice when Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) returned $100,000 of his Congressional office budget to the United States Treasury. CAIVN editor and contributing author Ryan Jaroncyk wrote:

Taking another step forward in 2011, the Texas congressman and darling of the more libertarian, Tea Party wing of the Republican Party is continuing to walk the walk, returning a whopping $140,000 in unused office funds to the U.S. Treasury for the purpose of paying down the national debt. The sum is nearly 10% of his office funds and a 40% increase over the $100,000 he returned last year.

In 2009, Ron Paul returned $90,000 from his office budget, and in 2008, he returned $58,000. It seems that with each passing year the 2008 presidential contender returns a little more ...

Republicans are fucking heartless.

You are such an emotional little twit, derp. There is NO AUTHORIZATION for the Federal government to do the things you want it to do so you can FEEL GOOD. Usurping the Constitution every time you turn around isn't good for it (adherence) or the People (dependency)

If you want to me to put it in comparable terms, Democrats are fucking spoiled babies.

I wish libertarians would actually read the Constitution. It would make things a lot easier

Ahhhh, he returned unspent money budgeted for his office back to Fed piggy bank and wants a cookie. :clap2:

It still doesn't remove the FACT he double billed the Govt and his supporters for travel while saying the Feds don't have a job to help Americans during disasters. What fucking clueless logic.

The Feds' job is to protect the country, regulate interstate commerce, maintain the rule of law, support the states with mass disasters, etc.

Oh, fuck you and your neocon pet names asswipe. I have never been a liberal and have done more for this country than a piece of shit like you. You are nothing but a kook, which is worse than your neocon pet names....but you wonder why Ron Paul comes in 3rd and 4th, what a dumbfuck.

I love when a neocon pretends to care about money and how it's spent.

Ron Paul returns over $140,000 to the U.S. Treasury | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Last year, we took notice when Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) returned $100,000 of his Congressional office budget to the United States Treasury. CAIVN editor and contributing author Ryan Jaroncyk wrote:

Taking another step forward in 2011, the Texas congressman and darling of the more libertarian, Tea Party wing of the Republican Party is continuing to walk the walk, returning a whopping $140,000 in unused office funds to the U.S. Treasury for the purpose of paying down the national debt. The sum is nearly 10% of his office funds and a 40% increase over the $100,000 he returned last year.

In 2009, Ron Paul returned $90,000 from his office budget, and in 2008, he returned $58,000. It seems that with each passing year the 2008 presidential contender returns a little more ...

Last edited:
Ron Paul Proposes Interesting Salary For Himself As President

reduce his own presidential salary from $400,000 to $39,336 – the median salary of an American worker.

What? Is Ron Paul trying to get the Presidency to go to the lowest bidder?

Now that's good spin, I'm sure if Obama reduced his salary, which we know will never happen but hypothetically, you'd view it as a good thing. So would I, that'd be a nice $360,000 that gov't could actually use for something that needed it.

Forum List

Back