Ron Paul says tornado victims should not get aid

What a piece of shit! Americans should always help the helpless!

What is wrong with this guy!

While I don't share Ron Paul's views, I will say that Americans helping people doesn't have to mean the government helping people. I see that you're located in Chicago and point out to you that Henryville is only about 6 hours away from you. It's great to practice what you preach.

Ron Paul says tornado victims should not get aid | 11alive.com

Nuts. My heart goes out to the people in tornado alley and I have no problem with my tax dollars going to help the survivors rebuild their lives.

Natural disasters are as frequent as a full moon. Paul is exactly correct. This is what people have insurance for. This is why the Red Cross and other organizations exist. In case you missed it, we have a $15 trillion plus debt we've run up. If the states want to assist then that's their business, but the federal government need not be involved.

If you have no problem with your tax dollars going to aid them then you'd have no problem donating to them of your own free will. Not to mention that he's absolutely right that they should have insurance to cover them.

Once again, that little Libertarian Satan sitting on Ron Paul's shoulder is making him say stupid stuff

Once again, that little Libertarian Satan sitting on Ron Paul's shoulder is making him say stupid stuff

Sounds pretty logical to me, which is perhaps why you're having such a problem with it. Again, should they or should they not have home insurance to cover their losses?

Nuts. My heart goes out to the people in tornado alley and I have no problem with my tax dollars going to help the survivors rebuild their lives.

I agree with Ron Paul, they shouldn't get "government aid" they should get aid from private charities that specialize in this sort of matter.

That's why us "evil conservatives" donate to those "evil tax exempt" charities.

It's peoples responsibility to help the needy - NOT the government...

Besides, the will get everything they need through private charities - those charities are already down there helping..

If you have no problem with your tax dollars going to aid them then you'd have no problem donating to them of your own free will. Not to mention that he's absolutely right that they should have insurance to cover them.

In many cases, the insurance is so outrageously expensive that they can't afford it.

Not only am I absolutely ok with my tax dollars going to help my fellow Americans, I've also donated to the Red Cross in each state affected. That's the Christian thing, and the American thing to do.

It's not the governments responsibility....

You act like the government is the ONLY ENTITY that can help them and that Ron Paul is denying THE ONLY SOLUTION..

Maybe, just maybe, truly good people will help out??

You see, you act like people are evil and they wont do anything for those people and the big ass government is the only answer to their problems...

That's the problem with progressives - you see the government as the answer to everything.

You may as well claim people are incapable of helping another without being forced.

Sounds pretty logical to me, which is perhaps why you're having such a problem with it. Again, should they or should they not have home insurance to cover their losses?

So, when Governor Piyush Jindal was lambasting Obama and FEMA for not doing enough to help with the Gulof oil disaster, was he being a RINO? Unpatriotic? What?

They all probably did have insurgence (homeowner) and is Paul questioning the underwriter - why would insurance be on the politicians mind when a natural disaster strikes a community ???

"The people who live in tornado alley, just as I live in hurricane alley, they should have insurance," Paul said on the program. Only a fool wouldn't.

Paul insisted the Federal Emergency Management Agency does not help out in situations like this, and that sending money and sending FEMA into disaster areas like the areas affected last week were "not efficient." How true is that? They are sill cleaning up New Orleans

"To say that any accident that happens in the country, send in FEMA, send in the money, the government has all this money -- it is totally out of control, and it's not efficient," Paul said. completely true.

libs; get your house destroyed = cash in insurance + cash in on Fed funds = votes for the (D)

ahh to be like Peter Pan....

The actual financial aid that Red Cross provides is minimal to say the least and only for emergency related needs. Their funds are all donated and primarily are used for those without insurance. If any big bucks come, they come through FEMA.

Forum List

Back