Romney threw big bird under the bus

PBS has 350 Member stations across the US, it's programs are viewed by 123 million Americans. It employs tens of thousands of people.

It improves literacy and education.

In short, we get more back as a country from that 440 million spent on PBS than we do on 440 million spent on, let's say, a F-22 Raptor that has never seen combat even though we've been involved in 2 wars in the last decade.

Fine.....,.
Than let American taxpayer money stay in America.. want to keep PBS and the F-22
Let's cut aid to Israel
The Second 10-Year Plan: Proposed U.S. Military Aid to Israel
2009 $2.55 billion
2010 $2.70 billion
2011 $2.85 billion
2012 $3.00 billion
2013-2018 $3.15 billion per year

Decide which is more important to you. On this one I will go with Big Bird and the Big Bad Bird (F22) over money to Israel.

Last edited:
PBS has 350 Member stations across the US, it's programs are viewed by 123 million Americans. It employs tens of thousands of people.

It improves literacy and education.

In short, we get more back as a country from that 440 million spent on PBS than we do on 440 million spent on, let's say, a F-22 Raptor that has never seen combat even though we've been involved in 2 wars in the last decade.

Fine.....,.
Than let American taxpayer money stay in America.. want to keep PBS and the F-22
Let's cut aid to Israel
The Second 10-Year Plan: Proposed U.S. Military Aid to Israel
2009 $2.55 billion
2010 $2.70 billion
2011 $2.85 billion
2012 $3.00 billion
2013-2018 $3.15 billion per year

Decide which is more important to you. On this one I will go with Big Bird and the Big Bad Bird (F22) over money to Israel.

You are so asking the wrong guy about aid to Israel... or as I like to call it, "The Zionist entity".

Hey if you people in Illinois want to keep Big Bird, pony up the $$$$ yourselves................on wait, you can't your state is more broken than the feds. You can't pay your own debts but you want the rest of us to follow your ridiculous spending ideas. No doubt you want to keep Big Bird especially if you can force me to pay for it.

God, I'm so glad I got out of that Hell Hole!! Oh snap, let me restate that........I'm so glad I got out of that over spending, paying off politicians, ridiculous Union wages Hell Hole.

So now you're down living in "Deliverance" country and you think that's an improvment?

"SQUEAL LIKE A PIG!"

Somehow, I suspect I'm paying more taxes than you are... but since I don't want to get into a discussion where you pretend you aren't living in a trailer park, praying to Jay-zus that we smite the sinners, I'll just leave it at that.

Whether you can believe or not, there is life beyond Chicago area! Obviously you've never wandered out of the reach of mommas tit!!

Thank you I'm guessing you don't pay more taxes but hey, it's OK. You just stay up there in the cold, snow and ice while I romp on our 6 1/2 acres, splash in our private pool, take a quick weekend trip to the coast and collect the rent from our two commercial buildings.

Oh and Bless your little pea picken heart!! AMEN!!

Oh wait, you probably do pay more taxes............you live in Illinois. Didn't they just raise taxes to somewhere like 70% to pay for all your free stuff.

Last edited:
romney-bigbird.jpg

really joel, sorta childish?

Every state in the Union no matter how conservative, supports public broadcasting.

Pretending to want to defund PBS is one of those bones that Republicans throw out to the mouth breathers to keep them in line.

This issue looks like a good candidate for Romney's next flip flop.

Whether you can believe or not, there is life beyond Chicago area! Obviously you've never wandered out of the reach of mommas tit!!

Well, you'd be wrong. Between the military and business, I've been all over the world.

Thank you I'm guessing you don't pay more taxes but hey, it's OK. You just stay up there in the cold, snow and ice while I romp on our 6 1/2 acres, splash in our private pool, take a quick weekend trip to the coast and collect the rent from our two commercial buildings.

See, they can't help themselves. Everyone on the Internets has a 10 inch dick. Really.

really joel, sorta childish?

First, where do you get "Joel" from.

It's Joe, short for Joseph.

And, actually, I thought the whole exchange was another tell from Romney.

he won't give us specifics about what he's going to do, but man, he'll tell a guy that worked for PBS that he can't wait to cut PBS's subsidy. In short, he acted like a typical bully.

Lehrer was lucky Romney didn't get his sons to hold him down and cut his hair, and then strap him to the roof of his car and drive around in the cold for a few hours.

Hasbro Toy Company doesn't need an advertising subsidy.

And they aren't getting one.

PBS is being paid to provide educational programming.

The kind of educational programming that the government has been trying to get privately held companies to do for years, and they refuse to.

Here's the dirty little secret about the broadcast airwaves. They don't belong to private corporations. They belong to the government. That's why we have an FCC that controls who can broadcast on what channels and what can be broadcast on open airwaves.

ROMNEY THREW BIG BIRD UNDER THE BUS
is an blatant attack on children. Big Bird is an educational program available to many disadvantage children so Romney’s attack on Big Bird is an attack on children and education. Romney has shown himself to be a lying stupid sociopath with senile dementia. The Romney we saw at the debate was not the same alter ego Romney we saw the day after rewriting his script. His flip flopping has to do with he stupidity or he senile dementia. I would say both.

Funding for PBS programs comes from a variety of sources - member stations' dues, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, government agencies, foundations, corporations and private citizens.
Funding : PBS

Here's How Much Money Romney Will Save By Killing Big Bird

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-romney-will-save-by-killing-big-bird-2012

Statism.jpg

Hasbro Toy Company doesn't need an advertising subsidy.

And they aren't getting one.

PBS is being paid to provide educational programming.

The kind of educational programming that the government has been trying to get privately held companies to do for years, and they refuse to.

Here's the dirty little secret about the broadcast airwaves. They don't belong to private corporations. They belong to the government. That's why we have an FCC that controls who can broadcast on what channels and what can be broadcast on open airwaves.

ABC, NBC and CBS don't get public financing.

The Cooking Channel, Fit TV, and the Health Channel on cable don't get public financing. MAYBE when PBS started public financing was necessary. Now it makes enough money to afford to pay its own way.

Our country is at 14% unemployment. We are still at war with the middle east. Gas is 3 times as expensive as it was when Bush was president, Obama won't let us drill in our oceans but will let every other country drill there, he thinks giving people free phones and pitting the rich against the poor, blacks against whites is uniting our country and you're worrying about a fucking man dressed as a bird?

Last edited:
ABC, NBC and CBS don't get public financing.

The Cooking Channel, Fit TV, and the Health Channel on cable don't get public financing. MAYBE when PBS started public financing was necessary. Now it makes enough money to afford to pay its own way.

NO, but they are licensed by the federal govenrment and there are a shitload of laws on the books protecting their copyrights, etc. That's why I can't set up my own pirate TV transmitter and broadcast parody shows of CBS's programming.

As for your second point, I've already pointed out that when you are driven by profits, and having to sell advertising, the noble goals you have usually fly out the window.

When The Learning Channel first showed up on Cable, it did the same kind of high-minded educational programming that PBS did. And back then (when I used to be more conservative and the Religious Kooks hadn't hijacked my party yet), I used to argue that "see, we don't need PBS. They can do this commerically!"

Well, today, TLC (It doesn't call itself the learning channel anymore) puts on such fine programming as "Toddlers and Tiaras", which I personally would hate to meet the people who watch that. I think they have pictures of them on the Megan's Law Website. They have crap like "Jon and Kate Plus Eight", where they took this couple with 8 kids and exposed them to celebrity until their marriage fell apart.

Sorry, you still haven't convinced me that there isn't room for a network that is free of corporate influence and money. I personally don't want Sesame Street to become another cheap reality show.

Our country is at 14% unemployment. We are still at war with the middle east. Gas is 3 times as expensive as it was when Bush was president, Obama won't let us drill in our oceans but will let every other country drill there, he thinks giving people free phones and pitting the rich against the poor, blacks against whites is uniting our country and you're worrying about a fucking man dressed as a bird?

Did you get a single fact right there?

Gas only cost double what it did at a given point. There was $3.00 gas on the Bush years, too.

Unemployment is 7.8%.

There's more drilling going on in the ocean than ever.

The "free Phone" program was set up under Republicans, not Obama.

The only ones setting whites against blacks are the rich. Their worst nightmare is us figurign out we are all in teh same boat.

Did you get a single fact right there?

Gas only cost double what it did at a given point. There was $3.00 gas on the Bush years, too.

Unemployment is 7.8%.

There's more drilling going on in the ocean than ever.

The "free Phone" program was set up under Republicans, not Obama.

The only ones setting whites against blacks are the rich. Their worst nightmare is us figurign out we are all in teh same boat.

If gas was a $3.00 a gallon no one would complain. It's nudging $5.00 now and up to $6.00 in California.

Unemployment is really about 14.7%.

There's drilling in the ocean, but it's being done by foreign interests. As obama said to Brazil, "We want to be your best customers".

That on top of a massive cover up in the murder of Ambassador Stevens, cover up in Fast and Furious and now blaming friendly fire for the murder of BP agent Nick Ivies when the border patrol isn't allowed anything but bean bag guns and rubber bullets. That and the current plans to bring terrorists here and try them in civilian courts.

It employs tens of thousands of people.

oh boy, WE get to PAY people to run Big Bird..

gives you the warm fuzzies doesn't it.

Actually, it does... Since all my neices and nephews learned how to read growing up with Big Bird and Barney.

These folks were paid for a service. I'd rather have the money spent on that than Mitt buying dressage horses and car elevators after cheating workers out of their jobs.

Can you say anything that doesn't make you look like a jealous little bitch...

I don't give dam what you, Mitt or anyone else spends THEIR money on as long as they EARNED it, that is the operative word, but I do realize that an ever growing number of dead beats, such as yourself have no understanding what that concept is...

Last edited:
Can you say any that doesn't make you look like a jealous little bitch...

I don't give dam what you, Mitt or anyone else spends THEIR money on as long as they EARNED it, that is the operative word, but I do realize that an ever growing number of dead beats, such as yourself have no understanding what that concept is...

Point is, Mitt didn't "Earn it".

People he underpaid did the actual hard work.

All Mitt did was manipulate investments and leave other people holding the bag while he cashed out.

But I have no problem with him spending his money on whatever toys he wants..

AFTER he's paid his fair share in taxes.

There's drilling in the ocean, but it's being done by foreign interests. As obama said to Brazil, "We want to be your best customers".

I'm going to delete most of your crazy ranting and address this one...

Who cares which "interests" are drilling the oil?

It still ends up in our gas tanks.

The big oil companies are multi-national corporations with no loyalty to any country.

What we need to do is break out addiction of oil so that the oil companies and the petro-states don't have the kind of power over us that they do.

Forum List

Back