Romney threw big bird under the bus

Romney wants deregulate Wall Street who destroyed the world economy with a derivatives Ponzi scheme.

But he wants to crack down on Sesame Street!

Why don't you try listening? Romney clearly said that we need regulation, just not excess, outdated, or unclear regulations.

]

What we need is enforcement, not so much regulation.

the thing was, there were regulations in place to stop this kind of thing from happening. But no one was watching the store, and after the crash, instead of sending these guys to big-boy jail for repeated sodomy, they got bailouts, they got to keep their bonuses and they got to keep their jobs.

Somehow, I don't picture Romney sending his fellow Country Club members to jail for repeated sodomy.

[

Kind of unfair?? Oh crap, first you said he doesn't pay his fair share, now it's unfair :lol: :lol: :lol: grow up Joe, he earned it, make no mistake, Romney was not my choice, but you're incredibly in mature...

It's realy hard to take you seriously when you have such a poor command of the language.

How about addressing my point.

Romney pays 11%, working families pay 25%. How is that even sensible?

You knew your argument was weak, so you picked up on my misspelling of immature...

Joe, you act like a petulant child when all you can do is point out how jealous you are of Romney's success...

How do you feel about Gates paying only 10% to 15%...

Buffett is in the same boat, what's really sad is the number of Americans who pay ZERO taxes, but you conveniently ignore that issue, you're either too dumb to understand it or lack the ability to add 2 + 2, something tells me its more of the later...

Romney wants deregulate Wall Street who destroyed the world economy with a derivatives Ponzi scheme.

Why don't you try listening? Romney clearly said that we need regulation, just not excess, outdated, or unclear regulations.

]

the thing was, there were regulations in place to stop this kind of thing from happening. But no one was watching the store, and after the crash, instead of sending these guys to big-boy jail for repeated sodomy, they got bailouts, they got to keep their bonuses and they got to keep their jobs.

Somehow, I don't picture Romney sending his fellow Country Club members to jail for repeated sodomy.

Yea, like the enforcement and oversight of the drilling in the Gulf of Mexico??

ROMNEY THREW BIG BIRD UNDER THE BUS

Why don't you take a crowbar to your wallet and donate your own money to big bird instead of whining about how other people hate children because they don't want money taken from them at gunpoint and given to a cause regardless of whether they support it or not.

]

What you need is to go back to school and start over...

Wait, I am wrong, you can't fix stupid...

When the average family gets into financial trouble and its expenditures exceed its income they are forced to give up things like dinner out at a fancy restaurant. They don't go to the movies. They give up the little luxuries. Maybe they start buying store brand instead of name brand. They might tell a leeching houseguest that it's time to get a job or get out, the family can no longer afford the extra mouth to feed.

That's what PBS is. It's a luxury. There are a handful of shows that people actually watch, like Sesame Street and a great many that no one watches like Antique Roadshow and Bill Moyer's Journal. There is no reason why PBS shouldn't be told that it's time for them to take care of themselves.

When PBS went on the air cable was unheard of. There was no cheap airtime that could be bundled into profitable programming. There is now. PBS has options. It's time for them to exercise those options and stop public finance.

[

Kind of unfair?? Oh crap, first you said he doesn't pay his fair share, now it's unfair :lol: :lol: :lol: grow up Joe, he earned it, make no mistake, Romney was not my choice, but you're incredibly in mature...

It's realy hard to take you seriously when you have such a poor command of the language.

You knew your argument was weak, so you picked up on my misspelling of immature...

Joe, you act like a petulant child when all you can do is point out how jealous you are of Romney's success...

Buffett is in the same boat, what's really sad is the number of Americans who pay ZERO taxes, but you conveniently ignore that issue, you're either too dumb to understand it or lack the ability to add 2 + 2, something tells me its more of the later...

Actually, I think Gates and Buffett should pay their fair share, too. Although to Gates defense, he actually makes products I like and does a lot of good charity work.

But I ask the question... it it sensible for Gates and Romney and Buffett to pay 11% when they certainly aren't in danger of starving, and making working families pay 25% when they are having a hard time making ends meet?

Now, frankly, if you want to have a conversation about cutting CPB or other programs, let's have that conversation. I think that we aren't going to get out of this mess without both budget cuts and tax increases, done over time because doing them all at once would be a shock.

But the question still stands... how is soaking working folks more than the rich even sensible?

When the average family gets into financial trouble and its expenditures exceed its income they are forced to give up things like dinner out at a fancy restaurant. They don't go to the movies. They give up the little luxuries. Maybe they start buying store brand instead of name brand. They might tell a leeching houseguest that it's time to get a job or get out, the family can no longer afford the extra mouth to feed.

That's what PBS is. It's a luxury. There are a handful of shows that people actually watch, like Sesame Street and a great many that no one watches like Antique Roadshow and Bill Moyer's Journal. There is no reason why PBS shouldn't be told that it's time for them to take care of themselves.

When PBS went on the air cable was unheard of. There was no cheap airtime that could be bundled into profitable programming. There is now. PBS has options. It's time for them to exercise those options and stop public finance.

I think an F-22 fighter is more of a luxary than PBS.

PBS actually performs a valuable service. Meanwhile, the F-22 costs more for a SINGLE Plane than the whole PBS subsidy, and they have yet to even be used in Combat when we have two wars going on.

]

What you need is to go back to school and start over...

Wait, I am wrong, you can't fix stupid...

NOn-responsive.

You think what the banks and the investors did in 2008 was peachy, then?

Forget about regulations, most of us don't obey the law because there's a cop right there. Most of us obey the law because it's sensible.

We have that little part of our brain that tells us that something is a bad idea.

A part of their brain Wall Street didn't listen to.

But they got bailouts because they were "too big to fail", none of them went to prison, and they got to keep their bonuses...

Hardly a disincentive to "not do it again."

Actually, I think Gates and Buffett should pay their fair share, too. Although to Gates defense, he actually makes products I like and does a lot of good charity work.

But I ask the question... it it sensible for Gates and Romney and Buffett to pay 11% when they certainly aren't in danger of starving, and making working families pay 25% when they are having a hard time making ends meet?

Now, frankly, if you want to have a conversation about cutting CPB or other programs, let's have that conversation. I think that we aren't going to get out of this mess without both budget cuts and tax increases, done over time because doing them all at once would be a shock.

But the question still stands... how is soaking working folks more than the rich even sensible?

Play this over and over and over...

Maybe you will get it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx1X8PV_A]Milton Friedman - Greed - YouTube[/ame]

Something tells me though, only time and maturity will teach you...

Yeah Sesame Street would go under without Government subsidies and that 200 million a year they bring in from merchandise sales.

So taxpayer dollars should never go to any business that makes money?

How would that work in the defense industry?

In light of the fact that gas prices keep rising and the oil companies are making record profits, I'd like to see the tax payer dollars that go to them in the form of subsidies to stop.

Do we REALLY need to keep financing the oil companies when they have shown they are capable of making their own money?

Private Corporations actually do quite well in Childrens Entertainment. It's a competitive, but prosperous venture. So i see no reason why NPR & PBS can't fund such entertainment with private funding. This Big Bird argument really is truly ridiculous. Stop milking the Taxpayers and get a life. I'm sure George Soros and his fellow miscreants have more than enough cash to fund the Left's propaganda. It's time for change.

Last edited:

Maybe you will get it...

Another full of shit Plutocrat apologist...

Hey, guy, this is you...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ]Kevin Bacon - Fraternity Paddle - YouTube[/ame]

Bottom line is, you want Big Bird and Left Propaganda, pay for it yourself. Taxpayers shouldn't be involved. Period, end of story.

Maybe we should cut funds off Israel also if we're that broke. It's not like Israel couldn't survive. Their income per capita isn't far behind Japan. They even have national health insurance like all other decent first world countries except USA.

Maybe we should cut funds off Israel also if we're that broke. It's not like Israel couldn't survive. Their income per capita isn't far behind Japan. They even have national health insurance like all other decent first world countries except USA.

Why stop with Israel? All Foreign Aid should be re-examined. Most should not receive Taxpayer funding, and neither should NPR and PBS.

Maybe you will get it...

Another full of shit Plutocrat apologist...

Hey, guy, this is you...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ]Kevin Bacon - Fraternity Paddle - YouTube[/ame]

When you can't refute the truth you deflect, can you give just one rebuttal to Friedman's many points? Plutocracy is not a rebuttal...

Once again, stay on task...

Still haven't seen a valid reason why Taxpayers should be forced to fund NPR & PBS. Should Fox News be funded by Taxpayers? Maybe that'll get the Left/Democrats thinking?

Forum List

Back