Romney likes to fire people

i am surprised how the left is twisting these words around.
Ed schultz tried to do the same for a minute at the start of his radio show yesterday
but pulled back and said oh i see what romney meant.

Every show on msnbc last night went with the angle that romney
enjoyed breaking up companies cause it meant he got to fire people.
What he said was clearly not that.

Democrats.why let something like the truth get in the way.

maybe because it was a fruedian slip.

Frankly, i can't imagine anyone who likes to fire people. I've had to fire people. Not hundreds like romney. I've always felt horrible afterwards.

But that's probably because i was brought up catholic.

ding ding ding

So, are we to assume that those who disagree with what Romney said (for the record his comment was "I like being ABLE to fire people") all support jobs for life where no one can ever be fired for any reason?

I am slightly concerned about the lack of rational thought among the morons who take issue with what Romney said. But, it does go some way to understanding why the country is a mess. Rational thought appears to have been replaced by overly emotional bullshit.

OK, good. So it wasn't stupid. It was actually very smart and gets to the heart of the GOP: choice.
Huntsman is the stupid one here, and anyone who misinterprets what Romney said.

I look forward to you caring about context when it's a Democrat who is being taken out of context and attacked for it.

So, are we to assume that those who disagree with what Romney said (for the record his comment was "I like being ABLE to fire people") all support jobs for life where no one can ever be fired for any reason?

I am slightly concerned about the lack of rational thought among the morons who take issue with what Romney said. But, it does go some way to understanding why the country is a mess. Rational thought appears to have been replaced by overly emotional bullshit.

:eusa_hand: WTF!!! :eek:

You're Fired!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No You're Fired!!!

No You Are!!!

You don't even work here!!! You can't Fire Me!!!

Can To!!!

Cannot!!!

Can!!!

Cannot!!!

Preview of Tonight's Debate. :D

Romney looted American companies and sent their jobs overseas.

He does like to fire people.

22% of the companies he invested in went bankrupt.

78% of the companies he invested in made money.

Let's see if you can beat that record.

I think we both know that Democrats and liberals in particular support jobs for life.

What is really ironic is this sudden hatred for the successful and the attacks on Romney and his wealth. This coming from liberals who never saw the name "Kennedy" on a ballot they didn't vote for. Romney has done more in his working life than almost every elected Kennedy combined. I guess the golden spoon is ok as long as you're a bleeding heart willing to fight to take money from some and give it to others. And if you're a Catholic.

OK, good. So it wasn't stupid. It was actually very smart and gets to the heart of the GOP: choice.

I look forward to you caring about context when it's a Democrat who is being taken out of context and attacked for it.

Never happen..so don't hold your breath.

I think we both know that Democrats and liberals in particular support jobs for life.

What is really ironic is this sudden hatred for the successful and the attacks on Romney and his wealth. This coming from liberals who never saw the name "Kennedy" on a ballot they didn't vote for. Romney has done more in his working life than almost every elected Kennedy combined. I guess the golden spoon is ok as long as you're a bleeding heart willing to fight to take money from some and give it to others. And if you're a Catholic.

The Kennedys never went around claiming to be working class heroes. And many of the Kennedys actually served in the armed forces.

In my opinion, the rational democrats and liberals understand what Romney said. The drooling hordes (on both sides) have an issue with it.... but that's more because of their lack of intellect than anything else.

NASHUA, N.H. — Republican front-runner Mitt Romney stumbled down the homestretch of the New Hampshire primary on Monday, declaring, “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me” as his rivals intensified already fierce criticism.

“Gov. Romney enjoys firing people. I enjoy creating jobs,” said former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who has staked his candidacy on a strong showing in Tuesday’s primary and has shown signs of gaining ground in recent polls.

Rivals pounce as Romney says: “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me’ - The Washington Post

tissue ?.......

Not that I support Romney but the sound bite here has been taken out of context. Yeah he likes to fire people........who do a crappy job........

I'ver done it. I've defended Obama when someone tries to misinterpret what he actually says. There is so much other stuff he did really say to attack him on why make anyhting up?

The Kennedys never went around claiming to be working class heroes. And many of the Kennedys actually served in the armed forces.

So then based on this you must have supported the Bushes then?

I've seen the other Republican candidates using this out of context attack. Haven't seen liberal doing it yet(not that it would suprise me to see.....).

In my opinion, the rational democrats and liberals understand what Romney said. The drooling hordes (on both sides) have an issue with it.... but that's more because of their lack of intellect than anything else.

They understand it but they will also let it be used to smear him and will turn a blind eye to the facts. Of course it was a dumb thing for him to say. I'm a bit concerned that he is making these mistakes. His margin for error is slight, these errors will mount, even if they can be explained.

But this attack on Bain and what Bain does and what PE firms do is infuriating. Romney needs to articulate it, needs to explain that companies grow and die every day as a natural part of the business cycle and that Bain and other PE firms are a NET positive to job creation.

I've seen the other Republican candidates using this out of context attack. Haven't seen liberal doing it yet(not that it would suprise me to see.....).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuiKuVi3YJo]Grayson Defends "Taliban Dan Ad" After Context Is Played: "We Tagged Him With His Own Words" - YouTube[/ame]

NASHUA, N.H. — Republican front-runner Mitt Romney stumbled down the homestretch of the New Hampshire primary on Monday, declaring, “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me” as his rivals intensified already fierce criticism.

“Gov. Romney enjoys firing people. I enjoy creating jobs,” said former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who has staked his candidacy on a strong showing in Tuesday’s primary and has shown signs of gaining ground in recent polls.

Rivals pounce as Romney says: “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me’ - The Washington Post

why did you not print his whole statement Chris?.....

They understand it but they will also let it be used to smear him and will turn a blind eye to the facts. Of course it was a dumb thing for him to say. I'm a bit concerned that he is making these mistakes. His margin for error is slight, these errors will mount, even if they can be explained.

But this attack on Bain and what Bain does and what PE firms do is infuriating. Romney needs to articulate it, needs to explain that companies grow and die every day as a natural part of the business cycle and that Bain and other PE firms are a NET positive to job creation.

I quite like my politicians to have feet of clay. Perfection is so very disappointing. The way I see it (and because I have a decent understanding of how it works), I don't get overly bent out of shape by any politician - left or right - making a half assed remark. Each and every one of us says something stupid, badly phrased or without thinking all the time. Politicians are no different. Why should we expect them to be script perfect when they are talking unscripted? I prefer the unscripted comments - one generally learns more from listening to unscripted speech than from hours of scripted, rehearsed speech.

We really need to learn to look rationally at our politicians instead of ragging every single sentence that can be misinterpreted. I like rational thought. It appears that many of the posters here do not.

why did you not print his whole statement Chris?.....

Because it would prove that Chris is a dishonest partisan hack.

For the record, in context, he said:

Asked about the issue in Nashua, New Hampshire, Romney said he wanted a person to be able to own his or her own policy "and perhaps keep it the rest of their life."

"That means the insurance company will have the incentive to keep you healthy. It also means if you don't like what they do, you can fire them," he said.

"I like being able to fire people who provide services to me," Romney added. "If someone doesn't give me the good service I need, I want to say I am going to get somebody else to provide that service to me."

Notice: Nowhere in his comments does he say that he 'likes firing people'.... as asserted by Chris' title. Chris is a liar.

Forum List

Back