Romney likes to fire people

Would you prefer AP...?

Bush_dodges_shoes.gif

MITT MESS: Romney Hobbled By Series Of Blunders, Gaffes, Fibs... Well-Known New Hampshire Republican: 'The More This Goes On, The More I Think He's Not Going To Beat Obama'

New Hampshire Primary Election 2012: Battered Mitt Romney Stumbles Toward Win

Romney is much, much worse than I thought. I don't see how he can survive in the long run.

The moron couldn't beat McCain. Why would you think he could beat Obama?

I never thought he could. The top paragraph if from the Huffington Post Front Page... Breaking News and Opinion on The Huffington Post

Uncle Ferd wonderin'...

... if Romney the one responsible...

... fer him bein' let go...

... from dat job wringin' farts outta shirt-tails...

... atta dry cleanery.
:eusa_shifty:

NASHUA, N.H. — Republican front-runner Mitt Romney stumbled down the homestretch of the New Hampshire primary on Monday, declaring, “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me” as his rivals intensified already fierce criticism.

“Gov. Romney enjoys firing people. I enjoy creating jobs,” said former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who has staked his candidacy on a strong showing in Tuesday’s primary and has shown signs of gaining ground in recent polls.

Rivals pounce as Romney says: “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me’ - The Washington Post

I realize I am not dealing with the brightest bulb here, but you understand there is a world of difference between liking firing people and liking the ability to do so, right?
I like the ability to fire people who don't perform as well. Democrats don't think you ought to have that ability. So they want to stick you with whatever shitty lowest-bidder provider out there so they can claim they are giving medical coverage to everyone.
I like Romney more and more. Huntsman ought to be running in the D column, for Dumbshit.

Romney looted American companies and sent their jobs overseas.

He does like to fire people.

22% of the companies he invested in went bankrupt.

So... 78% were a success?

And you call that a bad number. What a logical back flip...

This was during the 1990's, where screwing up a company was kind of like messing up mashed potatoes...

NASHUA, N.H. — Republican front-runner Mitt Romney stumbled down the homestretch of the New Hampshire primary on Monday, declaring, “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me” as his rivals intensified already fierce criticism.

“Gov. Romney enjoys firing people. I enjoy creating jobs,” said former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who has staked his candidacy on a strong showing in Tuesday’s primary and has shown signs of gaining ground in recent polls.

Rivals pounce as Romney says: “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me’ - The Washington Post

I'll bet you $10,000 he didn't say that.

He said it.... but not in the context that it is represented as being. As per usual, context is sacrificed for political bullshit. Color me shocked that mindless morons do not have the ability to look honestly at candidates.... which, I suspect, is a major contributing factor to our current clusterfuck of a political system.

He said it.... but not in the context that it is represented as being. As per usual, context is sacrificed for political bullshit. Color me shocked that mindless morons do not have the ability to look honestly at candidates.... which, I suspect, is a major contributing factor to our current clusterfuck of a political system.

Again, it's like Michael Jackson saying, "I like playing with Children". No matter what the context is, it sounds just awful because of his record and your mind automatically goes somewhere else.

Besides, Romney has taken Obama's comments completely out of context in the past, so he's got no room to complain.

Again, it's like Michael Jackson saying, "I like playing with Children". No matter what the context is, it sounds just awful because of his record and your mind automatically goes somewhere else.

Besides, Romney has taken Obama's comments completely out of context in the past, so he's got no room to complain.

Your mind might 'go somewhere else', that's your issue. I prefer looking rationally at what he said, in the context in which he said it. That way, I can form rational, reasoned opinions rather than being an overly emotional, hysterical twit. That you choose to be an overly emotional, hysterical twit is your problem.

I just like the fact that we have a clear-cut example of GOP politicians and their supporters taking words completely out of context in an attempt to vilify an opponent.

This example could be the basis for thousands of deflection posts as this campaign moves forward. It provides such a valuable service to posters who cannot think for themselves.

Your mind might 'go somewhere else', that's your issue. I prefer looking rationally at what he said, in the context in which he said it. That way, I can form rational, reasoned opinions rather than being an overly emotional, hysterical twit. That you choose to be an overly emotional, hysterical twit is your problem.

I would be pleasantly surprised to learn that you hold yourself to that standard.

The context he said it in was that RomneyCare (which he's now defending again) gives you choices, when it really doesn't.

But this is a guy who got very rich putting people out of jobs and taking away their health care coverage (that most of us still get through our employers.) So "I like being able to fire people" just sounds awful.

Especially combined with other Gems like "Corporations are people, too" and "I'll bet you $10,000"

My problem with Romney is that he's a two-faced lying scumbag. And a Mormon.

The context he said it in was that RomneyCare (which he's now defending again) gives you choices, when it really doesn't.

But this is a guy who got very rich putting people out of jobs and taking away their health care coverage (that most of us still get through our employers.) So "I like being able to fire people" just sounds awful.

Especially combined with other Gems like "Corporations are people, too" and "I'll bet you $10,000"

My problem with Romney is that he's a two-faced lying scumbag. And a Mormon.

I see him like one of those rich guys that show up in Vegas and gamble away millions...Maybe he expects the presidency as a comp.

So this is what the Washingtoncompost considers NEWS?

Get your news from other sources folks..

I am surprised how the left is twisting these words around.
Ed Schultz tried to do the same for a minute at the start of his radio show yesterday
but pulled back and said Oh I see what Romney meant.

Every show on MSNBC last night went with the angle that Romney
enjoyed breaking up companies cause it meant he got to fire people.
What he said was clearly not that.

Democrats.Why let something like the truth get in the way.

Ed Schultz tried to do the same for a minute at the start of his radio show yesterday

Maybe because it was a Fruedian Slip.

frankly, I can't imagine anyone who likes to fire people. I've had to fire people. Not hundreds like Romney. I've always felt horrible afterwards.

But that's probably because I was brought up Catholic.

No. the left is being careful to note the fact that the clip is being taken out of context. Newt's opponents are actually USING it in an attempt to damage him.

Be honest.

Forum List

Back