Romney likes to fire people

If he is elected, it is highly unlikely he will dismantled the HC law. Instead, he will infuriate the Tea Baggers by making changes to it and perhaps scale it back some of its programs. He won't be able to completely do away with it.

Of course, we all know he doesn't want to anyway, being a moderate and all.[/B]

Undoubtedly true.

Best case scenario:

This summer, the SCOTUS stikes down the mandate, and rules it inseparable from PPACA - Paul Naders the Republicans, and either endorses, or runs on, the Libertarian ticket, not winning, but building momentum for the cause. Obama wins but faces a congress that (hopefully) will come up with something better than PPACA. That last bit is where my scenario might dip into fantasy.

You know.........for almost 18 years I was never given the opportunity to fire people, as firing people out of the Navy requires a command evaluation and approval from BUPERS before they can be kicked out.

When I took over at MEPS Amarillo, there was a classifier who wasn't really the best worker ever. I brought this up to my boss in San Antonio, and he told me that if I wanted, he'd send me to classifier school and I could take his job over. About a week after I came back from school and had the job figured out, the MCPO called me up and asked how I was doing. When I told him that things were going well, he asked me if I still wanted the classifier that I was going to replace. I said no, and he told me to tell him to leave MEPS and go back to recruiting, as he was now fired from MEPS.

Now.........even though the guy did shoddy work and I had to go back and clean up about a years worth of contracts, when I told him he was fired, I didn't really feel good about telling him he was fired, I was just relieved that we were going to be able to get things done properly.

A few years later, I was working as manager of a bar, and a couple of times I caught some of the workers skimming off of the till. Yes, they were fired on my recommendation, but no, I never felt good about telling someone they'd lost their job.

Shoot........I've even been laid off once, and no, it's not fun.

Mitt Romney making the comment he did (especially in this economy with a lot of people out of work) shows that he's not really sensitive to the plight of others, and really could have used a better choice of words.

That being said............the main reasons I don't like Romney is because corporations are NOT people, he got a deferment to stay out of the war being a missionary in France, his sons (all 5 of them) have never served, and I really don't think that he'd make sound military decisions.

I also think that Romney is out of touch with the common man and uses them more as a prop to bolster his image than actually listening to them.

No.............even though Romney said he's "unemployed", I don't think he really understands what that means to the rest of us.

tl/dr

From your link:

There's not much that's new in the Medicare proposal just unveiled by Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) and House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wisc.)

And

The latest one, like Ryan's original, would include a cap on total Medicare spending

And

The Wyden-Ryan scheme could, over time, cause the traditional Medicare program to 'wither on the vine' because it would raise premiums, forcing many seniors to leave traditional Medicare and joint private plans."

I take it back. The Republicans do have a plan: destroy Medicare.

What a dishonest fuck you are.
Notice that Wyden is a Democrat. And who has been cutting Medicare $500B?

You're embarrassed. I understand.

Yes, it's out of context. No, it doesn't mean that Mittens can't be shown to be representative of what's fucked up in the country right now.

Mitt-Romney-bain-capital.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^
This should be hung around around his neck with a big caption reading SUCK IT, PEASANTS!

Last edited:
Of course I have no sympathy for Romney, but what a glaring example of sideshow politics.

What I find particularly frustrating is that people are all puffed up over the out-of-context sound bite and not even paying attention to what he was really saying in that speech. Which was, essentially, that he wants a health care plan pretty much just like Obama's.

I thought his health care plan was Obama's...?

Edit: I mean before it was Obama's.

Edit Edit: I mean, back when he was for it, before he was agains it?

If he is elected, it is highly unlikely he will dismantled the HC law. Instead, he will infuriate the Tea Baggers by making changes to it and perhaps scale it back some of its programs. He won't be able to completely do away with it.

Of course, we all know he doesn't want to anyway, being a moderate and all.

GO MITT!

No, he'll talk about it until he catches some heat, and then move on to something else. Speaking hypothetically.

So, are we to assume that those who disagree with what Romney said (for the record his comment was "I like being ABLE to fire people") all support jobs for life where no one can ever be fired for any reason?

I am slightly concerned about the lack of rational thought among the morons who take issue with what Romney said. But, it does go some way to understanding why the country is a mess. Rational thought appears to have been replaced by overly emotional bullshit.

So if your boss asks you for a "Lewinsky' and you say no, should he be able to fire you?

I mean, that seems to be the logic you are supporting here, right?

Or do you think you should have some recourse to law?

How about an in-between where no, you don't have a job for life, but yes, your boss better have a really valid reason for letting you go.

So, are we to assume that those who disagree with what Romney said (for the record his comment was "I like being ABLE to fire people") all support jobs for life where no one can ever be fired for any reason?

I am slightly concerned about the lack of rational thought among the morons who take issue with what Romney said. But, it does go some way to understanding why the country is a mess. Rational thought appears to have been replaced by overly emotional bullshit.

So if your boss asks you for a "Lewinsky' and you say no, should he be able to fire you?

How about an in-between where no, you don't have a job for life, but yes, your boss better have a really valid reason for letting you go.

How does objecting to the idea that no one can ever be fired regardless of the reason at all mean she supports men engaging in sexual harassment? there is a huge spectrum between "Not being able to be fired for any reason" and "Being fired for any reason"

I can't believe people didn't understand what he was saying.
This just can't be possible.

Why does it matter what he was saying...

Picture this, a commercial in November.

Mittens- "I like to be able to fire people who provide me service"

Voice over - "Dade Medical shed 1700 jobs- Bain Capital made 229 Million in Profit"

Dade worker- "I worked for that company for 20 years, and have nothing to show for it.

Voiceover- GSI industries shed 750 jobs, the Federal Government had to bail out their pension plan for 44 million, Bain made 58 million in profit."

Mittens- "Corporations are people, too my friend."

"Obama-Clinton 2012!"

"My name is Barack Obama, and I approved this message!"

Unless the GOP has an attack of good sense and bails on this guy...

How does objecting to the idea that no one can ever be fired regardless of the reason at all mean she supports men engaging in sexual harassment? there is a huge spectrum between "Not being able to be fired for any reason" and "Being fired for any reason"

I agree, there is. So where is the balance? She seems to think that bosses should be able to fire anyone for any reason. I mean, why not? Why should the wage slaves have any fuckin' recourse. Screw unions, baby.

I agree, there is. So where is the balance? She seems to think that bosses should be able to fire anyone for any reason. I mean, why not? Why should the wage slaves have any fuckin' recourse. Screw unions, baby.

Wage slave? Is anyone forced to work at a specific job? If you don't like what you earn, and your boss doesnt want to increase it, there is nothing stopping you from persuing other avenues of revenue including finding another job, creating your own, or anything else.

You act like people have no choice. And while choices are being severely limited by the government lately, there are still quite a number of choices for us.

Wage slave? Is anyone forced to work at a specific job? If you don't like what you earn, and your boss doesnt want to increase it, there is nothing stopping you from persuing other avenues of revenue including finding another job, creating your own, or anything else.

You act like people have no choice. And while choices are being severely limited by the government lately, there are still quite a number of choices for us.

You know what, after working in the private sector for the last 20 years after leaving the Army, this "Chamber of Commerce" bullshit is wearing a little thin with me. I just don't want to hear it. I never worked for a company that didn't lie to me whenever it suited their purposes.

We gave up a lot of our rights when we let them dismantle unions in this country, and we have very little to show for it.

Yeah.......sure.......tell that to a minimum wage earner with a wife and kid to support who is paying on rent or a mortgage......

Where are their "choices" again? Oh yeah.........either accept your situation and hope for a better one..........................or starve.

Yeah.......sure.......tell that to a minimum wage earner with a wife and kid to support who is paying on rent or a mortgage......

Where are their "choices" again? Oh yeah.........either accept your situation and hope for a better one..........................or starve.

Working for a better situation is a superior option to merely hoping or starving.

Of course, that requires you be proactive and not just bitch about how you aren't getting what your entitled to despite not putting in the effort.

You know what, after working in the private sector for the last 20 years after leaving the Army, this "Chamber of Commerce" bullshit is wearing a little thin with me. I just don't want to hear it. I never worked for a company that didn't lie to me whenever it suited their purposes.

We gave up a lot of our rights when we let them dismantle unions in this country, and we have very little to show for it.

Dont like it? Work somewhere else or start your own business.
But don't whine. That's just stupid.

Forum List

Back