FOX News Alert: Romney Ringtone "I like to be able to fire people."

If Bain had really ruined every business it capitalized, it would have failed long, long ago. Staples would have failed. Sports Authority would have failed. They all would have failed.

Fact is, some businesses are going to fail. You try and it doesn't work. Like the typewriter company Bain could not save. The investment into typewriters at the precise moment in time that typewriters were no longer in use was just too huge to overcome.

What are you rambling on about? What is this new found belief in nuance and complex argument? :badgrin:

We all know that like John Kerry, Mitt Romney has a long answer for everything.

too bad long answers don't sell.

next

Here is the quote Perry was mocking, and you, by extension, are also mocking. Why don't you tell me exactly what part of it normal people have a problem with, I am too abnormal to see what he got wrong.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBfWB64iHAs"]Romney: 'I Like Being Able to Fire People' - YouTube[/ame]

Well, the actual phrase, "I like to be able to fire people who provide service to me", shows that he's kind of a douchebag who likes to use his money to push people around. He was addressing a gathering of his fellow rich douchebags, and not surprisingly, that line got a chuckle. (Oddly enough, Romney often makes these comments that are telling when talking to other rich people. It's when he's talking to working folks he gets all Robot.)

I've had to fire people as a supervisor, and I've had to fire vendors as a buyer. I've never "liked" it. Sometimes it is necessary.

On the whle macro thing, where he talks about how people should be able to buy insurance on an individual level insted of through their employers. First, he think that people changing jobs every three years is a good thing, which it certainly isn't. Secondly, if you have a market of individual insurance, sick people would pay through the nose, healthy people wouldn't pay much of anything. Given the fact that it was the pre-existing condition and "redaction" issues that caused a lot of the problems to start with, it sounds like actually a pretty bad deal for the policy holders.

I bey you go to the neighborhood store and exclusively shop there even though they are more expensive and have lower quality stuff than best Buy or Wal Mart. I bet you also pay the kid across the street to mow your lawn, even though you always end up doing it yourself because he is more interested in girls than earning the money you hand him every week. After all, if you insisted on getting a good deal or good service you would be using you money to push people around, and you do not do that.

Idiot.

It plays into the narrative. Romney is an out of touch wealthy elitist who has no clue the pain the average American faces
That is your opinion which you are more than entitled to but having dealt with people who have done work for me that was lousy, sub standard, and just piss poor I am more than happy to be rid of them as are most average American's in my opinion. When you start accepting poor or mediocre work from people that's what you will continue to get other people might be alright with that I'm not.

I've fired people. I did everything I could think of to keep the event from happening, but i can assure you -- I never took pleasure in firing anyone.

No real man enjoys firing another human being. Oh, maybe ones dark side likes it, but that is not a quality Americans want in a Chief Executive.

see Quantum-dumb-dumb

That is your opinion which you are more than entitled to but having dealt with people who have done work for me that was lousy, sub standard, and just piss poor I am more than happy to be rid of them as are most average American's in my opinion. When you start accepting poor or mediocre work from people that's what you will continue to get other people might be alright with that I'm not.

I've fired people. I did everything I could think of to keep the event from happening, but i can assure you -- I never took pleasure in firing anyone.

No real man enjoys firing another human being. Oh, maybe ones dark side likes it, but that is not a quality Americans want in a Chief Executive.

see Quantum-dumb-dumb

Will you look at that, the first post Dante got right in this thread, and he called himself dumb to do it.

You can still hear Rick Perry's Romney Ringtone: "I like to be able to fire people."

AUDIO: Rick Perry Turns Romney’s “I Like Being Able to Fire People” Comment Into Cell Phone Ringtone | Fox News Insider

AUDIO: Rick Perry Turns Romney's "I Like Being Able to Fire People" Comment Into Cell Phone Ringtone

Vulture Capitalists Create Jobs by Firing People and Shipping Jobs Overseas
Don't take Dante's word for it, take the word of GOP Presidential Candidate Texas Governor Rick Perry, Tea Party and Conservative Favorite Son

:thewave:

I'm still waiting for a rational explanation as to why that is such a bad thing. Being able to fire someone is a good thing.
Because it's job growth?

Hey! Look at that! I've cracked Conservative 'logic'!

see Quantum-dumb-dumb

see Quantum-dumb-dumb

You can still hear Rick Perry's Romney Ringtone: "I like to be able to fire people."

AUDIO: Rick Perry Turns Romney’s “I Like Being Able to Fire People” Comment Into Cell Phone Ringtone | Fox News Insider

AUDIO: Rick Perry Turns Romney's "I Like Being Able to Fire People" Comment Into Cell Phone Ringtone

Vulture Capitalists Create Jobs by Firing People and Shipping Jobs Overseas
Don't take Dante's word for it, take the word of GOP Presidential Candidate Texas Governor Rick Perry, Tea Party and Conservative Favorite Son

:thewave:

I'm still waiting for a rational explanation as to why that is such a bad thing. Being able to fire someone is a good thing.

Most normal people do NOT like firing people. When people get fired it an be traumatic and devastating to the family.

Haters like you might never get IT, but you're not all that normal are ya? :eusa_hand:

I'd love to fire the midgets who renewed Mohammed Attah's Visa after he flew that plane.

I'd love to fire the Mining Bureau inspectors who continually allowed Massey Mining to operate BEFORE they killed people.

I'd love to fire the incompetent and corrupt clowns that loaned GREEN cash to all those phoney solar/geothermal ventures.

I'd love to fire the morons that can't find $100B that got lost in Iraq..

I'd love to fire the traitors who sent loads of weapons to the Mexican Drug gangs without tracking them.

It's a very very long list and I would be inclined to vote for someone who might actually start the task..

Most normal people do NOT like firing people. When people get fired it an be traumatic and devastating to the family.

Haters like you might never get IT, but you're not all that normal are ya? :eusa_hand:

I'd love to fire the midgets who renewed Mohammed Attah's Visa after he flew that plane.

I'd love to fire the Mining Bureau inspectors who continually allowed Massey Mining to operate BEFORE they killed people.

I'd love to fire the incompetent and corrupt clowns that loaned GREEN cash to all those phoney solar/geothermal ventures.

I'd love to fire the traitors who sent loads of weapons to the Mexican Drug gangs without tracking them.

It's a very very long list and I would be inclined to vote for someone who might actually start the task..

must you always spout bloviating hyperbole?

must you always spout bloviating hyperbole?

i can understand why you consider those SPECIFIC ITEMS "hyperbole".. Your mind simply can't cope with facts and history that contradict your dogmatic political dictums..

I'll channel Dr Seuss for ya next time so you can understand HOW MANY PEOPLE in the UNaccountable Federal Bureaucracy REALLY NEED to get FIRED!!!!

The bad are rarely punished in Washington D.C.

romney-money-lol.jpg

That is just fucking Classic. I mean who got fired over that one. lol

LOL, seriously, how the Hell did that one ever happen? I'm convinced more and more every day that Romney's camp is being lead by the same people who ran Kerry's campaign.

I've gotten three likes already for putting that picture on facebook. :lol:

Did ya go to the museumofhoaxes link?? It's there. I don't want to spoil the guy's web revenue when 87 leftists on USMB dive for the picture..

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Why this stuff is SOOOO important -- I'll never understand.. :D

Last edited:
This is the photo at the link. The poses of each person are entirely different. The possibility of this being photoshopped are no greater than the possibility of the boys switching shirts because one insisted on being next to mommy.

romney_real.jpg

The darker-haired kid with glasses is wearing the "O" in the original photo-op.. But in the hoax pix he's wearing the "M".. Not a simple case of standing in the wrong place.

Elementary my dear Watson...

DAYAM this most be important!!!!

The darker-haired kid with glasses is wearing the "O" in the original photo-op.. But in the hoax pix he's wearing the "M".. Not a simple case of standing in the wrong place.

Elementary my dear Watson...

DAYAM this most be important!!!!

And if you'd been paying attention, it's just as plausible that the kid in the glasses wanted to stand next to his mom, and stood in the wrong place, and after insisting that he wanted to be next to her, changed shirts with his brother. We really have no idea. I find it weird that the original photo hasn't been presented.

Forum List

Back