FOX News Alert: Romney Ringtone "I like to be able to fire people."

Oh! The ad hominem attacks. and in groups.

Dante Fevah lives!

:clap2:

now back to Romney and his claim to be a job creator:eusa_clap:

Actually, if the left and the left media wanted to have any honesty, Bain has had a pretty good rate at saving and creating jobs...yes, even here in America. But, that's not the mantra from the left in this election cycle with a president that has no policies in which to boast about in this campaign.

I don't know about you, but Dante won't like this post one bit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud3mMj0AZZk&feature=player_embedded]Obama for America TV Ad: "Firms" - YouTube[/ame]

Most normal people do NOT like firing people. When people get fired it an be traumatic and devastating to the family.

Haters like you might never get IT, but you're not all that normal are ya? :eusa_hand:

He didn't say he likes firing people. He said 'I like to be able to fire people'. Clue: 'be able to'. I also like being able to fire people - that doesn't mean I like to do it, just that I like being able to if it is necessary. You're a fucking idiot if you don't get that... Normal people understand a sentence as it is said, not as they want it to be said. This is nothing more than classic faux outrage. Even a fucking moron should get the difference.
Don't waste your time the wing nuts know what the complete statement by Romney was the facts don't and never will matter to some people.

It plays into the narrative. Romney is an out of touch wealthy elitist who has no clue the pain the average American faces

Most normal people do NOT like firing people. When people get fired it an be traumatic and devastating to the family.

Haters like you might never get IT, but you're not all that normal are ya? :eusa_hand:

I have no doubt you have never gotten "IT", Dainty, or even to first bas,e and who are you to be calling others abnormal? You're our forum reject, don't you know?

He didn't say he likes firing people. He said 'I like to be able to fire people'. Clue: 'be able to'. I also like being able to fire people - that doesn't mean I like to do it, just that I like being able to if it is necessary. You're a fucking idiot if you don't get that... Normal people understand a sentence as it is said, not as they want it to be said. This is nothing more than classic faux outrage. Even a fucking moron should get the difference.
Don't waste your time the wing nuts know what the complete statement by Romney was the facts don't and never will matter to some people.

It plays into the narrative. Romney is an out of touch wealthy elitist who has no clue the pain the average American faces

So you know him personally or are you basing your assessment on the bullshit media you regurgitate on a daily basis?

You don't actually know the man... all you know it what your left wing hacks have told you... and the majority of that is bullshit.

Care to mention any politician to the contrary? Kerry?
Didn't hear complaints from the left when Kerry was running. :eusa_whistle:

So you know him personally or are you basing your assessment on the bullshit media you regurgitate on a daily basis?

You don't actually know the man... all you know it what your left wing hacks have told you... and the majority of that is bullshit.

Says the delusions of grandeur girl who never provides credible proof for anything...

Says the delusions of grandeur girl who never provides credible proof for anything...

Like something from huffpo, media matters, or democrat underground?

That is your opinion which you are more than entitled to but having dealt with people who have done work for me that was lousy, sub standard, and just piss poor I am more than happy to be rid of them as are most average American's in my opinion. When you start accepting poor or mediocre work from people that's what you will continue to get other people might be alright with that I'm not.

Most normal people like doing business with the mechanic who overcharges them and then doesn't do the work? Or going back to the same restaurant that takes forever to serve the food and never brings the right order?

I must know all the abnormal people then, because no one I know likes that.

What are you rambling on about? What is this new found belief in nuance and complex argument? :badgrin:

We all know that like John Kerry, Mitt Romney has a long answer for everything.

too bad long answers don't sell.

next

Here is the quote Perry was mocking, and you, by extension, are also mocking. Why don't you tell me exactly what part of it normal people have a problem with, I am too abnormal to see what he got wrong.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBfWB64iHAs]Romney: 'I Like Being Able to Fire People' - YouTube[/ame]

Well, the actual phrase, "I like to be able to fire people who provide service to me", shows that he's kind of a douchebag who likes to use his money to push people around. He was addressing a gathering of his fellow rich douchebags, and not surprisingly, that line got a chuckle. (Oddly enough, Romney often makes these comments that are telling when talking to other rich people. It's when he's talking to working folks he gets all Robot.)

I've had to fire people as a supervisor, and I've had to fire vendors as a buyer. I've never "liked" it. Sometimes it is necessary.

On the whle macro thing, where he talks about how people should be able to buy insurance on an individual level insted of through their employers. First, he think that people changing jobs every three years is a good thing, which it certainly isn't. Secondly, if you have a market of individual insurance, sick people would pay through the nose, healthy people wouldn't pay much of anything. Given the fact that it was the pre-existing condition and "redaction" issues that caused a lot of the problems to start with, it sounds like actually a pretty bad deal for the policy holders.

Actually, if the left and the left media wanted to have any honesty, Bain has had a pretty good rate at saving and creating jobs...yes, even here in America. But, that's not the mantra from the left in this election cycle with a president that has no policies in which to boast about in this campaign.

I don't know about you, but Dante won't like this post one bit.

Well, no, they really didn't. They were operating in the 1990's, where Corky the Moron could run a company and still do pretty well. You know, back in the good old days when we had 4% unemployment and the worst thing we had to worry about was whether a president was getting a blow job.

When Bain destroyed jobs, it was often in communities like Marion, IN, where that factory was the biggest employer. So then it was a big deal. Other places, yeah, the jobs got destroyed, but people could find new ones.

The point was Bain's purpose was not to create jobs. It was to make a quick buck for its investors, which is exactly what was wrong with the whole thing that venture capitalism had devolved into. There's no building of business or community, it's just, "How can we quickly flip this company to make a buck?" And frequently that involved eliminating jobs or reducing wages and benefits to create the illusion of profitability before foisting that company onto someone else. Sometimes that involved taking on a shitload of debt to build up other divisions that were sold off (as in the case of AmPad.)

Now, I'll give Romney credit that he was very good at this game, but ignoring the inhumanity of it for the moment, does this actual translate into the ability to run government?

His record in Massachusetts would say no. His job creation was limp (47 out of 50), he was massively unpopular as a governor (48 out of 50 in popularity. He even came in behind Blago!)
He didn't even stand for a second term and the most telling thing, he isn't even going to try to win his home state in the general election.

from Boston Massachusetts. Willard Romney would never dare say the people of Mass don't know him

Care to mention any politician to the contrary? Kerry?
Didn't hear complaints from the left when Kerry was running. :eusa_whistle:

then you weren't listening. The Democratic party had a big fight over the very issue of Kerry's elitism. Just as it did with Obama's intellectual/academic elitism. Elitism was a charged lobbed by the left against both Kerry and Obama.

true story

Like something from huffpo, media matters, or democrat underground?

I despise DU, am annoyed with Huff, but mediamatters?

Most every single item I've ever linked to at mediamatters has been attacked with vitriol by the right...and a handful if any attacks contained anything resembling a refutation or argument to the point

That is your opinion which you are more than entitled to but having dealt with people who have done work for me that was lousy, sub standard, and just piss poor I am more than happy to be rid of them as are most average American's in my opinion. When you start accepting poor or mediocre work from people that's what you will continue to get other people might be alright with that I'm not.

I've fired people. I did everything I could think of to keep the event from happening, but i can assure you -- I never took pleasure in firing anyone.

No real man enjoys firing another human being. Oh, maybe ones dark side likes it, but that is not a quality Americans want in a Chief Executive.

Bain built businesses, obama says that no one built businessses, the government did it all.

Forum List

Back