Romney likes to fire people

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Chris, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    NASHUA, N.H. — Republican front-runner Mitt Romney stumbled down the homestretch of the New Hampshire primary on Monday, declaring, “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me” as his rivals intensified already fierce criticism.

“Gov. Romney enjoys firing people. I enjoy creating jobs,” said former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who has staked his candidacy on a strong showing in Tuesday’s primary and has shown signs of gaining ground in recent polls.

Rivals pounce as Romney says: “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me’ - The Washington Post

2. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,167
    The final day of campaigning saw Romney under fire for a comment about health insurance that quickly became fodder for criticism.

Asked about the issue in Nashua, New Hampshire, Romney said he wanted a person to be able to own his or her own policy "and perhaps keep it the rest of their life."

"That means the insurance company will have the incentive to keep you healthy. It also means if you don't like what they do, you can fire them," he said.

"I like being able to fire people who provide services to me," Romney added. "If someone doesn't give me the good service I need, I want to say I am going to get somebody else to provide that service to me."

Romney under fire as first primary vote approaches - CNN.com

3. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Romney looted American companies and sent their jobs overseas.

He does like to fire people.

22% of the companies he invested in went bankrupt.

4. occupied

occupied Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,734
    That stupid $10,000 bet and this, what other unbelievably generous gifts will Thurston Howell the Fourth give to his political rivals?

5. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    2012 GOP presidential frontrunner Mitt Romney, who has a large lead in the polls heading into the New Hampshire primary tomorrow, has been taking heat from both Democrats and his Republican challengers for his time at Bain Capital, the private equity firm that he headed. Bain’s modus operandi was to invest in companies, leverage them up with debt, and then sell them off for scrap, allowing Bain’s investors to walk away with huge profits while the companies in which Bain invested wound up in bankruptcy, laying off workers and reneging on benefits.

Last week, Reuters profiled one company, Worldwide Grinding Systems, that went belly up after Bain invested in it. The company not only lost 750 jobs, but the federal government had to come in to bail out its pension fund, while Bain walked away with millions in profits.

And according to an analysis by the Wall Street Journal, this was far from an isolated incident. In fact, 22 percent of the companies in which Bain invested wound up either in bankruptcy or shutting their doors entirely, while Bain itself has made billions of dollars for its investors:

Romney's Bain Capital Made Billions While Bankrupting Nearly One-Quarter Of The Companies It Invested In | ThinkProgress

6. Sundial

Sundial Class Warrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +106
    I'll bet you $10,000 he didn't say that.

7. imbalance

imbalance Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Is Huntsman's reading comprehension always so awesome or has he decided to pander for the mongoloid vote?

8. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,774
    Of course I have no sympathy for Romney, but what a glaring example of sideshow politics.

What I find particularly frustrating is that people are all puffed up over the out-of-context sound bite and not even paying attention to what he was really saying in that speech. Which was, essentially, that he wants a health care plan pretty much just like Obama's.

9. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,167
    In big fat transnationalist like Bush and Obama don't? :eek: If you're coming around to freedom and America first then vote Ron Paul!

10. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    I'd like my money in cash please...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBfWB64iHAs]Romney: 'I Like Being Able to Fire People' - YouTube[/ame]