Romney likes to fire people

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
NASHUA, N.H. — Republican front-runner Mitt Romney stumbled down the homestretch of the New Hampshire primary on Monday, declaring, “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me” as his rivals intensified already fierce criticism.

“Gov. Romney enjoys firing people. I enjoy creating jobs,” said former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who has staked his candidacy on a strong showing in Tuesday’s primary and has shown signs of gaining ground in recent polls.

Rivals pounce as Romney says: “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me’ - The Washington Post

The final day of campaigning saw Romney under fire for a comment about health insurance that quickly became fodder for criticism.

Asked about the issue in Nashua, New Hampshire, Romney said he wanted a person to be able to own his or her own policy "and perhaps keep it the rest of their life."

"That means the insurance company will have the incentive to keep you healthy. It also means if you don't like what they do, you can fire them," he said.

"I like being able to fire people who provide services to me," Romney added. "If someone doesn't give me the good service I need, I want to say I am going to get somebody else to provide that service to me."

Romney under fire as first primary vote approaches - CNN.com

Romney looted American companies and sent their jobs overseas.

He does like to fire people.

22% of the companies he invested in went bankrupt.

That stupid $10,000 bet and this, what other unbelievably generous gifts will Thurston Howell the Fourth give to his political rivals?

2012 GOP presidential frontrunner Mitt Romney, who has a large lead in the polls heading into the New Hampshire primary tomorrow, has been taking heat from both Democrats and his Republican challengers for his time at Bain Capital, the private equity firm that he headed. Bain’s modus operandi was to invest in companies, leverage them up with debt, and then sell them off for scrap, allowing Bain’s investors to walk away with huge profits while the companies in which Bain invested wound up in bankruptcy, laying off workers and reneging on benefits.

Last week, Reuters profiled one company, Worldwide Grinding Systems, that went belly up after Bain invested in it. The company not only lost 750 jobs, but the federal government had to come in to bail out its pension fund, while Bain walked away with millions in profits.

And according to an analysis by the Wall Street Journal, this was far from an isolated incident. In fact, 22 percent of the companies in which Bain invested wound up either in bankruptcy or shutting their doors entirely, while Bain itself has made billions of dollars for its investors:

Romney's Bain Capital Made Billions While Bankrupting Nearly One-Quarter Of The Companies It Invested In | ThinkProgress

NASHUA, N.H. — Republican front-runner Mitt Romney stumbled down the homestretch of the New Hampshire primary on Monday, declaring, “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me” as his rivals intensified already fierce criticism.

“Gov. Romney enjoys firing people. I enjoy creating jobs,” said former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who has staked his candidacy on a strong showing in Tuesday’s primary and has shown signs of gaining ground in recent polls.

Rivals pounce as Romney says: “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me’ - The Washington Post

I'll bet you $10,000 he didn't say that.

Is Huntsman's reading comprehension always so awesome or has he decided to pander for the mongoloid vote?

Of course I have no sympathy for Romney, but what a glaring example of sideshow politics.

What I find particularly frustrating is that people are all puffed up over the out-of-context sound bite and not even paying attention to what he was really saying in that speech. Which was, essentially, that he wants a health care plan pretty much just like Obama's.

I'd like my money in cash please...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBfWB64iHAs]Romney: 'I Like Being Able to Fire People' - YouTube[/ame]

Of course I have no sympathy for Romney, but what a glaring example of sideshow politics.

What I find particularly frustrating is that people are all puffed up over the out-of-context sound bite and not even paying attention to what he was really saying in that speech. Which was, essentially, that he wants a health care plan pretty much just like Obama's.

I thought his health care plan was Obama's...?

Edit: I mean before it was Obama's.

Edit Edit: I mean, back when he was for it, before he was agains it?

Last edited:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBfWB64iHAs]Romney: 'I Like Being Able to Fire People' - YouTube[/ame]

I'll have to look under the cushions of my other couch.

Did you hear Gingrich complaining about the UNFAIR advantage Romney had from being rich?

I thought his health care plan was Obama's...?

Oy... yeah.

Did you hear Gingrich complaining about the UNFAIR advantage Romney had from being rich?

Gingrich earned his money the old fashoned way.

By selling influence.

Romney earned his money the new way.

By looting American companies and shipping their jobs overseas.

Gingrich earned his money the old fashoned way.

By selling influence.

Romney earned his money the new way.

By looting American companies and shipping their jobs overseas.

It's like my father - the governor, used to tell me: You should never run for office if you have to pay the mortgage, because only rich guys get to be president.

MITT MESS: Romney Hobbled By Series Of Blunders, Gaffes, Fibs... Well-Known New Hampshire Republican: 'The More This Goes On, The More I Think He's Not Going To Beat Obama'

New Hampshire Primary Election 2012: Battered Mitt Romney Stumbles Toward Win

Romney is much, much worse than I thought. I don't see how he can survive in the long run.

Yeah, because he was succeful at making jobs. Unlike Obama that spent the last 2 1/2 years within the worst economy of the past half century...Unlike obama that has completely fucked up the middle east to the point that it is about ready to blow over.

Unlike Obama that down grades this nation and spends trillions like it's candy. Give a me fucking break!

Last edited:
That's funny. Did ya hear that on Fox News...?

bush-shoe-throw-03.gif

Forum List

Back