Romney: "I was completely wrong about the 47% comment.."

After defending it..now he's abandoned it.

There's really nothing he won't say now.

Mitt Romney says his '47%' remarks were 'completely wrong' - latimes.com

Mitt Romney disavowed his much-criticized statement that the 47% of Americans who supported President Obama paid no taxes, considered themselves "victims" and refused to take responsibility for their lives, saying in a Thursday night interview that he had been “completely wrong.”

“Clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question-and-answer sessions, now and then you say something [that] doesn’t come out right," the Republican presidential nominee said on Fox News. "In this case, I said something that’s just completely wrong."

:lol:

Didn't come out right? In that much detail? No slup of the tongue there--just revealing truth about Romney, the elite businessman looking down on 47% of America!

First you complain that he said it, now you complain that he admits he screwed up. Strange how it works exactly the opposite with Obama. He says something, your first instinct is to deny he said it, then you complain when other people insist on holding him to what he said. Wouldn't it be a lot easier for him to say, "Hey, that 'You didn't build that' thing came out wrong than for everyone to insist he didn't actually say what he said and if he did, everyone else is stupid for not understanding it?

You don't get it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h48O9lyB9Vo"]Romney defends his '47%' comment - YouTube[/ame]

This is the actual comment. It's not a little mistake. It's a statement of what he actually believes.

This is him defending it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zlElm-2Oeg&feature=related"]Mitt Romney Responds to '47 Percent' Comment, Says It Wasn't "Elegantly Stated" - YouTube[/ame]

What Obama actually said..is that it was not business that built the roads, bridges and other infrastructure that allowed them to thrive. He didn't back away from that.

What Romney actually said..was there were 47% of the American people that were leeching off tax payers. Now he says he was wrong.

Got the diff?

He admits he was wrong, and you complain, I get it.

Yup, Romney is a poor candidate, he's like a wind sock. Whatever he thinks the public wants him to say, he says. No big secret, he's always been that way.

Thing is, he's still the clear better choice when compared to the utter failure that is barack hussein obama.

One thing none of the Republicans would like for the voting public to see:

Mother-Jones-Change-since-1979.jpg

I wonder why that chart cuts off in 2009.

Do you want to post the chart for since Obama took office to prove how honest you are, or do you want me to post it to show what a lying sack of shit you are?

Does Romney think admitting he is a liar will help? His habit for changing positions overnight, is going to catch up to him very soon. It is only a matter of time.

What do you care there money is there's and when they die Gov Gets half for just waiting.

Put up a graft of Union Bosses pay and top people within Police Forces and School administration--that your money fool an d you should be thinking about your money and stop worrying about private money. And how about this Unions put up Millions for OBama, wait wait first of all how come they have this to put up is this money not to be used for its member's retirement???
Millions I said Millions, don't try to tell me that they need to keep some political person in office thats bull--smell something here for sure.

Ah so the tax payer money that gets funnelled to private organizations by way of government contracts, grants and other means of funding suddenly isn't "our" money?

Since when?

Correct it is not your money--if you do not want to hire Contractors or pay Grants you do not have to...but you do have to hire Teachers ,Police,Firemen,and hosts of other government Employees that now live better than you.

Yup, Romney is a poor candidate, he's like a wind sock. Whatever he thinks the public wants him to say, he says. No big secret, he's always been that way.

Thing is, he's still the clear better choice when compared to the utter failure that is barack hussein obama.

Maybe its because the top 1% make thier money on investments, and it follows the stock market? How would you like if your salary dipped like thier income does?

Also i notice the graph leaves off the Obama years, is there a reason for that? Besides you being a gutless hack that is.

Look at the blue line on the chart. While the uppercrust has made out like bandits because of Reagan/Bushes tax cuts the middle class has totally stagnated. If adjusted for inflation we've lost ground.

Romney merely spoke the truth. And obviously the Moochers didn't want to hear it. Our Moocher Nation is in real trouble. And it's good to see some Politicians standing up and acknowledging that reality. Kudos to Romney.

Mitt Romney disavowed his much-criticized statement that the 47% of Americans who supported President Obama paid no taxes, considered themselves "victims" and refused to take responsibility for their lives, saying in a Thursday night interview that he had been “completely wrong.”

“Clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question-and-answer sessions, now and then you say something [that] doesn’t come out right," the Republican presidential nominee said on Fox News. "In this case, I said something that’s just completely wrong."

But now he is talking to the whole nation, not his fellow very rich people. Now to whom do you suppose he will speak his heart to?

But now he is talking to the whole nation, not his fellow very rich people. Now to whom do you suppose he will speak his heart to?

People who have integrity.

That would leave you out.

Does Romney think admitting he is a liar will help? His habit for changing positions overnight, is going to catch up to him very soon. It is only a matter of time.

Correct....he only has to watch Obama to see that is true.

Or Whore Cutter

Or David Axelrod

Or Robert Gibbs

Or that moron who now has to pretend to carry his water at briefings.

As I've been saying all along, the man will say anything to get elected. Pancakes don't flip as much as this man.

Absolutely.

As I've been saying all along, the man will say anything to get elected. Pancakes don't flip as much as this man.

Right, because Obama is such a man of principal.

Looks like you'll be voting for him now ay? No but seriously, his comments were 100% accurate. We are rapidly becoming a Moocher Nation. I truly do repect his honesty and candor on the issue.

Is a single mother with 2 kids and working a fulltime job at wages low enough to have her federal income taxes reduced to zero a 'moocher'?

What is she 'mooching'? What would you like to take away from her?

Not until her taxes become less than zero and she's getting back money she didn't pay in. Then she'll be a moocher.

I just watched it on TV. Mitt Romney told Sean Hannity he was completely wrong about the 47%. "Completely wrong" the very words he used.

How will the right wing spin that now?

Lying to his donors now, eh? Hmmmm..

Don't worry. Republicans know Mitt doesn't mean it. They lie all the time. It's expected. It would make news if they didn't.

Rderp would be the first person voted out of survivor every time.

Complete loser

I think that's a hell of an idea.

We vote the name off the board and they can come back as someone else.

Once a month.

Chris will come back as prisonb**ch.

Rderp would be the first person voted out of survivor every time.

Complete loser

2556722536_tumblr_kwzw66wauW1qzg6kuo1_400_xlarge.jpeg

You're kinda creepy. I remember how disappointed you were at the Target Sale. All because they said little boy's pants were half off.

So,

how does one figure out if Romney was lying then, or if he's lying now?

I love it when Republicans do this, they make some thoroughly stupid and repugnant statement, that happens to be right out of the heart and soul of the far right's looney belief system,

then, just about the time they've gotten all the 'nuts on the planet to give them a big hooray and amen,

they cave in, roll over, tuck tail and totally repudiate the whole thing.

He didnt lie either time.....He said for people on government assistance, they're probably gonna vote for Obama. Are you actually arguing this?

Yes, I would argue that. Do you really think people on government assistance only vote D?

Forum List

Back