Romney: "I was completely wrong about the 47% comment.."

Looks like you'll be voting for him now ay? No but seriously, his comments were 100% accurate. We are rapidly becoming a Moocher Nation. I truly do repect his honesty and candor on the issue.

Yes we are....ALL Americans benefit from our government

That makes everyone a moocher

Yes, all hail Big Brother and all that. But we are rapidly becoming a Moocher Nation. Romney nailed that one for sure. I appreciate his refreshing honesty.

Looks like you'll be voting for him now ay? No but seriously, his comments were 100% accurate. We are rapidly becoming a Moocher Nation. I truly do repect his honesty and candor on the issue.

Is a single mother with 2 kids and working a fulltime job at wages low enough to have her federal income taxes reduced to zero a 'moocher'?

What is she 'mooching'? What would you like to take away from her?

Yes we are....ALL Americans benefit from our government

That makes everyone a moocher

If conservatives have a problem that various tax credits, exemptions, deductions, etc., can knock a few thousand dollars off the tax bill of some working mother and father and reduce their taxes to zero,

maybe they ought to have a problem with the various tax credits, exemptions, deductions, etc. that can knock a few hundred thousand dollars off the tax bill of a guy like Romney,

but noooooooooo..........that would be class warfare !!! lolol

Is a single mother with 2 kids and working a fulltime job at wages low enough to have her federal income taxes reduced to zero a 'moocher'?

Or retirees? Are they moochers? What about many of our lower enlisted personnel? Those "moochers" don't pay taxes.

Are you a single Mom?

Whoopty doo. It was worded wrong and he admitted it. Doesn't change the fact 47% of the voters will not vote for him.

He said they were the 47% who don't pay federal income taxes, THEY won't vote for him.

That is retarded.

But the more important point is, he showed genuine contempt for those people. And he meant it;

pretending otherwise because he got caught at it just compounds the problem.

I don't blame him. I feel the same way. 47% pay Zero federal income tax and scream for all the freebies. it's a fact.

Yup, Romney is a poor candidate, he's like a wind sock. Whatever he thinks the public wants him to say, he says. No big secret, he's always been that way.

Thing is, he's still the clear better choice when compared to the utter failure that is barack hussein obama.

Are you a single Mom?

what does that matter? Oh.... wait....I forgot, I'm talking to a Conservative. Nothing matters if it happens to someone else. With Conservatives, there's only three people that they concern themselves with....Me, Myself, and I.

after defending it..now he's abandoned it.

There's really nothing he won't say now.

the good news is, as many of us suspected, he was wrong about nearly everything he's said over the past year.

He now supports obama's immigration policy, will re-institute obamacare, has abandoned his massive tax cut idea, isn't going to cut anything other than a budget rounding error like big bird, and rejects his running mate's randian understanding of "moochers."

now if he just drops ryan from the ticket and brings in pawlenty or someone we'll be in business.

:tongue:

After defending it..now he's abandoned it.

Mitt Romney says his '47%' remarks were 'completely wrong' - latimes.com

Mitt Romney disavowed his much-criticized statement that the 47% of Americans who supported President Obama paid no taxes, considered themselves "victims" and refused to take responsibility for their lives, saying in a Thursday night interview that he had been “completely wrong.”

“Clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question-and-answer sessions, now and then you say something [that] doesn’t come out right," the Republican presidential nominee said on Fox News. "In this case, I said something that’s just completely wrong."
:lol:

First you complain that he said it, now you complain that he admits he screwed up. Strange how it works exactly the opposite with Obama. He says something, your first instinct is to deny he said it, then you complain when other people insist on holding him to what he said. Wouldn't it be a lot easier for him to say, "Hey, that 'You didn't build that' thing came out wrong than for everyone to insist he didn't actually say what he said and if he did, everyone else is stupid for not understanding it?

Yup, Romney is a poor candidate, he's like a wind sock. Whatever he thinks the public wants him to say, he says. No big secret, he's always been that way.

Thing is, he's still the clear better choice when compared to the utter failure that is barack hussein obama.

Well when Obama stated that he would go into Pakistan to get Osama Bin Laden, Romney was extremely critical of that and said he would not violate Pakistan's sovereignty or risk inflaming passions to get him.

After he was killed..Romney said "Of course he would do it..even Jimmy Carter would.."

If you think that character is better then Barack Obama..who said in the debates he would get Bin Laden..and followed through..

Go for it.

You guys did put George W. Bush in the White House..and we in NYC got 9/11. Hopefully the next time we get a calamity like that..the people that put the leadership in place that allowed for it..actually get to pay for it.

Mitt Romney disavowed his much-criticized statement that the 47% of Americans who supported President Obama paid no taxes, considered themselves "victims" and refused to take responsibility for their lives, saying in a Thursday night interview that he had been “completely wrong.”

“Clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question-and-answer sessions, now and then you say something [that] doesn’t come out right," the Republican presidential nominee said on Fox News. "In this case, I said something that’s just completely wrong."

First you complain that he said it, now you complain that he admits he screwed up. Strange how it works exactly the opposite with Obama. He says something, your first instinct is to deny he said it, then you complain when other people insist on holding him to what he said. Wouldn't it be a lot easier for him to say, "Hey, that 'You didn't build that' thing came out wrong than for everyone to insist he didn't actually say what he said and if he did, everyone else is stupid for not understanding it?

You don't get it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h48O9lyB9Vo]Romney defends his '47%' comment - YouTube[/ame]

This is the actual comment. It's not a little mistake. It's a statement of what he actually believes.

This is him defending it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zlElm-2Oeg&feature=related]Mitt Romney Responds to '47 Percent' Comment, Says It Wasn't "Elegantly Stated" - YouTube[/ame]

What Obama actually said..is that it was not business that built the roads, bridges and other infrastructure that allowed them to thrive. He didn't back away from that.

What Romney actually said..was there were 47% of the American people that were leeching off tax payers. Now he says he was wrong.

Got the diff?

One thing none of the Republicans would like for the voting public to see:

Mother-Jones-Change-since-1979.jpg

Oh great. Yet another one of Romney's "Etch a Sketch" moments. It's hard to debate someone who lies all the time.

Maybe its because the top 1% make thier money on investments, and it follows the stock market? How would you like if your salary dipped like thier income does?

Also i notice the graph leaves off the Obama years, is there a reason for that? Besides you being a gutless hack that is.

Maybe its because the top 1% make thier money on investments, and it follows the stock market? How would you like if your salary dipped like thier income does?

Also i notice the graph leaves off the Obama years, is there a reason for that? Besides you being a gutless hack that is.

My salary did "dip" like that when I was laid off in 2011. As did my 401K in 2008. Fortunately I am working again.

And I have to thank George W. for the now really weird overtime rules I have to contend with. I effectively work 11 hours but get paid for 8.

Gotta love it.

What do you care there money is there's and when they die Gov Gets half for just waiting.

Put up a graft of Union Bosses pay and top people within Police Forces and School administration--that your money fool an d you should be thinking about your money and stop worrying about private money. And how about this Unions put up Millions for OBama, wait wait first of all how come they have this to put up is this money not to be used for its member's retirement???
Millions I said Millions, don't try to tell me that they need to keep some political person in office thats bull--smell something here for sure.

What do you care there money is there's and when they die Gov Gets half for just waiting.

Put up a graft of Union Bosses pay and top people within Police Forces and School administration--that your money fool an d you should be thinking about your money and stop worrying about private money. And how about this Unions put up Millions for OBama, wait wait first of all how come they have this to put up is this money not to be used for its member's retirement???
Millions I said Millions, don't try to tell me that they need to keep some political person in office thats bull--smell something here for sure.

Ah so the tax payer money that gets funnelled to private organizations by way of government contracts, grants and other means of funding suddenly isn't "our" money?

Since when?

Forum List

Back