Congressman David Trone D-Md uses an offensive word during hearing

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017

The Democrat frontrunner in what could be one of the most closely watched Senate races this year uttered a racial slur during a Thursday House Budget Committee hearing, something he says was unintentional.
Rep. David Trone, D-Md., dropped the disparaging term for Black people while speaking during the hearing about tax policy with Shalanda Young, the director of the Office of Budget and Management, who was testifying before the committee.
"So this Republican jigaboo that it’s the tax rate that’s stopping business investment, it’s just completely faulty by people who have never run a business," he said. "They’ve never been there. They don’t have a clue what they’re talking about."
When reached for comment, Trone admitted to Fox News Digital he used the term, but said he misspoke while meaning to use a different word.
"Today while attempting to use the word ‘bugaboo’ in a hearing, I used a phrase that is offensive. That word has a long dark terrible history. It should never be used anytime, anywhere, in any conversation," Trone said.

Comment:
He will be protected by the Left-Wing Press.
Can you imagine how the Press would react if Trone was a Republican.
The shameless Democrats will still vote for Trone for the senate.

The Democrat frontrunner in what could be one of the most closely watched Senate races this year uttered a racial slur during a Thursday House Budget Committee hearing, something he says was unintentional.
Rep. David Trone, D-Md., dropped the disparaging term for Black people while speaking during the hearing about tax policy with Shalanda Young, the director of the Office of Budget and Management, who was testifying before the committee.
"So this Republican jigaboo that it’s the tax rate that’s stopping business investment, it’s just completely faulty by people who have never run a business," he said. "They’ve never been there. They don’t have a clue what they’re talking about."
When reached for comment, Trone admitted to Fox News Digital he used the term, but said he misspoke while meaning to use a different word.
"Today while attempting to use the word ‘bugaboo’ in a hearing, I used a phrase that is offensive. That word has a long dark terrible history. It should never be used anytime, anywhere, in any conversation," Trone said.

Comment:
isn't he speaking truth to power there? saying the things that real americans want to say?

i do not think he istalking about people at all, but some harebrained tax policy.

Comment:
The irony of it is that he said he was sorry and then said "I have privilege as a white man". He uses.this term as if to suggest that all people who are pigmently challenged also have this "privilege". No, his REAL privilege is that he is a politician, and, a protected one it seems, immune to cancellation. A very unique breed indeed but it has little to do with the happenchance of the pigment he was born with.

Last edited:

Comment:
Wow, can we even type jigaboo here? I guess so, but it's pretty damn offensive.

Not a thing to make a habit of, for sure.

Comment:

It's fun when they do that.

Maryland's Democrat Senate frontrunner Rep. David Trone uttered a racial slur during a House meeting, but claimed he was just trying to say 'bugaboo'.

Trone, 68, was talking about Democrat tax policies with Shalanda Young, who is director of the Office of Budget and Management, when he used the offensive term.

The congressman said to Young, who is a black woman: 'So this Republican ji***** that it's the tax rate that’s stopping business investment, it’s just completely faulty by people who have never run a business.'

racistdemocrattronnmd.png

Comment:
He said "'So this Republican ji***** that it's the tax rate that’s stopping business investment, it’s just completely faulty by people who have never run a business.'"
Not only is he racist, but he is also incoherent.

Comment:
Comment:

I’ll protect him too

His explanation sounds credible to me

But I do agree that if he were a republican libs would be calling for his head

Forum List

Back