Romney: "I was completely wrong about the 47% comment.."

Now you're sounding like Obama. Spitting out facts that are no where near being true. No human being could work fulltime and have over 30,000 posts in 2 years unless you stat pad or have no social life at all. Nearly 45 posts per day. Jesus.

But, I work full-time, have a steady job and pay around 18% in taxes.

Nice try though.

Whoopty doo. It was worded wrong and he admitted it. Doesn't change the fact 47% of the voters will not vote for him.

Now you're sounding like Obama. Spitting out facts that are no where near being true. No human being could work fulltime and have over 30,000 posts in 2 years unless you stat pad or have no social life at all. Nearly 45 posts per day. Jesus.

Nice try though.

18%?

That's all?

You making under six figures?

:lol:

Mickey D's sure must be rough.

You on food stamps as well?

Then you should thank me for the 30% I pay.

That's not counting the real estate taxes.

No wonder you are amazed by 31k posts. Multitasking just ain't your thing.

After defending it..now he's abandoned it.

There's really nothing he won't say now.

Mitt Romney says his '47%' remarks were 'completely wrong' - latimes.com

Mitt Romney disavowed his much-criticized statement that the 47% of Americans who supported President Obama paid no taxes, considered themselves "victims" and refused to take responsibility for their lives, saying in a Thursday night interview that he had been “completely wrong.”

“Clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question-and-answer sessions, now and then you say something [that] doesn’t come out right," the Republican presidential nominee said on Fox News. "In this case, I said something that’s just completely wrong."

As I've been saying all along, the man will say anything to get elected. Pancakes don't flip as much as this man.
and these people will simply defend him to the death in order to get Obama out.

Mitt Romney disavowed his much-criticized statement that the 47% of Americans who supported President Obama paid no taxes, considered themselves "victims" and refused to take responsibility for their lives, saying in a Thursday night interview that he had been “completely wrong.”

“Clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question-and-answer sessions, now and then you say something [that] doesn’t come out right," the Republican presidential nominee said on Fox News. "In this case, I said something that’s just completely wrong."

yeah and Obama didn't really mean, YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT.

As I've been saying all along, the man will say anything to get elected. Pancakes don't flip as much as this man.

Mitt's now appealing to liberals and the funny thing is that the cons are lapping it up. They are embracing Mitt the leftist.

This campaign is awesome!

Mitt's now appealing to liberals and the funny thing is that the cons are lapping it up. They are embracing Mitt the leftist.

This campaign is awesome!

Romeny does what you all want and you still bitch

Nice try though.

18%?

That's all?

You making under six figures?

Mickey D's sure must be rough.

You on food stamps as well?

Then you should thank me for the 30% I pay.

That's not counting the real estate taxes.

No wonder you are amazed by 31k posts. Multitasking just ain't your thing.

You pay 30% in federal income taxes only? (excluding payroll taxes?)

Get a better accountant, stat.

Come on...ya gotta give Reversible Mittens some credit this time around. He remained steadfast in support of his comments for a whole 17 days!! That has got to be a new Willard record. We usually get a flip flop within 72 hours.

Romney was pandering to the Rush Limbaugh/Sean Hannity crowd who hear the same rhetoric every day.

The country club Republicans love the "poor people are a bunch of moochers" BS. Romney was just feeding the base

When given a chance to retract when it first came out...Romney doubled down

Whoopty doo. It was worded wrong and he admitted it. Doesn't change the fact 47% of the voters will not vote for him.

He said they were the 47% who don't pay federal income taxes, THEY won't vote for him.

That is retarded.

But the more important point is, he showed genuine contempt for those people. And he meant it;

pretending otherwise because he got caught at it just compounds the problem.

The good news is, as many of us suspected, he was wrong about nearly everything he's said over the past year.

He now supports Obama's immigration policy, will re-institute Obamacare, has abandoned his massive tax cut idea, isn't going to cut anything other than a budget rounding error like Big Bird, and rejects his running mate's Randian understanding of "moochers."

Now if he just drops Ryan from the ticket and brings in Pawlenty or someone we'll be in business.

Last edited:
He's not just saying he was wrong; he's saying that every one of you rightwing nuts on this board, not to mention those everywhere else,

are also wrong. Romney, in fact, is trying to join people like me in calling you people idiots for believing such garbage.

Romney is doing everything he can to recapture his 'Massachusetts moderate' persona. You know, the one that once upon a time conservatives thought was the best reason NOT to nominate him.

NOW conservatives embrace that Romney wholeheartedly.

It's interesting to see how conservatives have given up on the idea of conservatism. Hey, I keep telling you dinosaurs conservatism is dead,

maybe you're finally getting it.

Looks like you'll be voting for him now ay? No but seriously, his comments were 100% accurate. We are rapidly becoming a Moocher Nation. I truly do repect his honesty and candor on the issue.

Looks like you'll be voting for him now ay? No but seriously, his comments were 100% accurate. We are rapidly becoming a Moocher Nation. I truly do repect his honesty and candor on the issue.

Yes we are....ALL Americans benefit from our government

That makes everyone a moocher

It's one helluva lot more than 47%. Anybody with one eye and half sense knows that borrowing money from foreign banks to fund tax cuts for the wealthy just ain't right. Look closely at the chart following Bush's second tax cuts in 2003 which heavily favored the wealthiest folks in America:

Mother-Jones-Change-since-1979.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back