Rivian Makes a couple (or three?) Pretty Cool Vehicles, BUT..

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
The company is toast. They lose thirty thousand dollars on every car they sell. Their variable cost is at least ten thousand more than the selling price. Add in the fixed cost and...it makes no sense.

They even have to lie about their prices. Both the SUV and the Truck have mandatory adders that substantially increase what you have to pay.

And they need to raise money for a new plant to build an "affordable" car, but they have not shown that they can do that.

Most of the reviews of Rivians are very positive. They are fast, comfortable, and loaded with features, some of them unique to their vehicle.

You would have to be crazy to buy one, and even crazier to buy their stock - the price of which is dropping by the minute.

Too bad,

Tesla and the Chinese will be the only EV survivors. The others arrived too late.

Rivian's are very well built vehicles, the only complaints I hear about them are tire wear, which is not even that big a deal as Rivian is buying them new tires (which makes them less profitable)

They are, unfortunately, in trouble, I drove by there a month ago and their lot is overflowing with vehicles, and now I have read they are seeking extra storage space. I don't know if people are canceling orders or if they have just put so many man hours in building them they are increasing their inventory faster than incoming orders, but it is not a good look.

Also, the video is old, they did not go public 6 months ago, they went public 11/9/21

CEO is a 40 year old MIT graduate, and he is not distant from his employees, he is regularly out and about on the shop floor. The culture is still that of a start up, with a brand new product and they have experienced growing pains, and still are, in the production process, but his vehicles are rock solid and they really are nice looking.

IMG_2227.jpeg

IMG_2228.jpeg

Rivian's are very well built vehicles, the only complaints I hear about them are tire wear, which is not even that big a deal as Rivian is buying them new tires (which makes them less profitable)

They are, unfortunately, in trouble, I drove by there a month ago and their lot is overflowing with vehicles, and now I have read they are seeking extra storage space. I don't know if people are canceling orders or if they have just put so many man hours in building them they are increasing their inventory faster than incoming orders, but it is not a good look.

Also, the video is old, they did not go public 6 months ago, they went public 11/9/21
Just don't wreck one.

Forum List

Back