Right to work "states"

You have the right to be seen, but not heard.
You have the right to shut up and do what your told.
You have the right to work 10 to 16 hour days.
You have the right to work everyday until we tell you, that you can have a day off.
You have the right to make just above minimum wage.
You have the right to work under 40 hours a week.
You have the right to work over 70 hours a week.
You have the right to buy family health insurance coverage out of the $8.00 an hour u make.
You have the right to the Social Security or PBGC which your Gov't offers.
You have the right to vote for 1 of 2 worthless political parties.
You have the right to NOTHING CHUMP!!!!

I'm just so happy that I have the "Right To Work" :clap2:

Welcome to the land of milk & honey, oops change that, I forgot it has become, the land of Death & Taxes!!!!
OFFICIAL TRANSLATION:

I'm a lazy paranoid lib who doesn't want to get up and work in the first place. I want my entire life provided to me by the government. Why get a job when it's more fun doing drugs, scratching my crotch, and watching Spongebob all day. If I do have to get a job, I want union protection so I can be a lazy fuck and not get fired. If I do get a job, I know i'm too stupid and lazy to ever get one that pays over $8.00 an hour anyway so, GIVE ME MY FREE SHIT GOD DAMMIT!.......I'm liberal, lazy, and proud!

END OF OFFICIAL TRANSLATION.

Um..no.

But thanks for playing.

You can google this if you want:
But look at USA Today's highest paid CEO's.

What CEO is worth $85 million a year, not including stock options. I know, I know, but he was so good at what he/she did, he/she single handedly saved this company, none of them bottom dwellers had anything to do with making this Company Great !!!!
Not only that but he/she really deserved to be able to buy them 15 mansions in 15 different states or countries, and to vacation in the Bahama's and Hamptons.

I say give he/she a $million, tell them job well done, and take the other 84 million and invest some of it in company infrastructure & newer technology's, and maybe just a teensy weensy pay raise for the bottom dwellers.

You know I've have listened to Rush'Bo before and how he complained about the American people having "Class Envy" against him. But have you not noticed how he turned "Class Envy" against him, to "Class Envy" against union employees. Him, Beck & Hannity preach lock/step against the unions. All you have to do is LISTEN.

People have been suckered into misdirection, and divide & conquer by these blowhards. And so many have fell for it hook, line and sinker. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

What a crummy reason to let a person go..ote]

I didn't start a business to make my employees wealthy.

:)

If I started a business I would like everybody to get wealthy off it if they worked hard enough...
Would that include employees who may work hard, but not perform as expected?

There is a difference.

I always paid my employees well and offered them good benefits. Yeah, I had employees who worked very hard, but didn't perform well........Example being, it's a restaurant. A line cook may bust their ass, but if their plates come back, and it's a pattern, they're outta there......If you can find another line cook who works just as hard and out PERFORMS the employee you just let go, then it was best for the business.

You can't go into business thinking you're going to make everybody wealthy. If you do, you won't be in business long.

Last edited:
You have the right to work everyday until we tell you, that you can have a day off.
You have the right to buy family health insurance coverage out of the $8.00 an hour u make.

Welcome to the land of milk & honey, oops change that, I forgot it has become, the land of Death & Taxes!!!!

You do realize that every right to work state has unions in it, don't you? You just cannot be forced to join them in order to get a job.

What a crummy reason to let a person go..ote]

I didn't start a business to make my employees wealthy.

:)

If I started a business I would like everybody to get wealthy off it if they worked hard enough...
Would that include employees who may work hard, but not perform as expected?

There is a difference.

I always paid my employees well and offered them good benefits. Yeah, I had employees who worked very hard, but didn't perform well........Example being, it's a restaurant. A line cook may bust their ass, but if their plates come back, and it's a pattern, they're outta there......If you can find another line cook who works just as hard and out PERFORMS the employee you just let go, then it was best for the business.

You can't go into business thinking you're going to make everybody wealthy. If you do, you won't be in business long.

Oh absolutely. Performance is definitely a factor...

Can anyone tell me the difference between lets say hmmm:

Blue Collar Worker and Union Representation......OR

Athlete and Paid Talent Agent / Lawyer Representation......OR

Actor/Actress and Paid Talent Agent / Lawyer Representation.....OR

Radio Host and Paid Talent Agent / Lawyer Representation ???

Seems to me that the above listed is about some type of representation through a paid mediator/consultant, to get the person a better wage and or health benefits. Or am I just plain wrong in my reasoning, and missing something ???

Oh, and one more thing, I believe all come with some kind of Contract that is supposedly Legal & Binding.

Last edited:
Mini 14

No disrespect meant but " I had to let an employee go " does this mean your a company man such as but not limited to Manager, Supervisor, Foreman, or You own the Company?

" Only because I found someone better " was that at brown nosing, sucking up OR was the employee "Blue Collar Worker" just a plain old lazy good for nothing Bum, and if so, I would of FIRED that lazy (Y) to !!!

OR did was the Employee just a plain old worthless Bum?

I own the company.

The employee is a great guy, and has been a good employee, but I found someone better.....simple as that.

We parted on good terms, and I'm sure he'll land another job soon. I'll do all I can to help him.

But once the new guy walked into my office, I knew his days were numbered :(
It's all about protecting your business. If you don't protect your business, then the business fails and you won't be providing jobs and benefits to anybody. Meaning, that's just that many more people out there without jobs.

Ya' just can't treat your employees like they are your friends. Business is business. You treat them well, and do what you can for them. Other than that, if you're going to be friends, keep that in the off work hours.

I get tired of hearing the old , "Businesses are just out there to use their employees. They're just out there to treat you like shit. They don't care. They're gonna suck you dry and toss you aside"........Businesses like that generally don't last long. Nobody is forcing anybody to work for businesses like that. It's as simple saying, I quit.......And, there are laws out there that protect employees in the private sector from businesses like that. Particularly here in Cali where they are quite strict.

You do realize that every right to work state has unions in it, don't you? You just cannot be forced to join them in order to get a job.
Hannity just had one of the focus groups on with Fran Lutz......It was very interesting. A mix of all opinions........One question was asked of a teacher who is union, It was asked, "Do you have any real power over how the union spends your dues. What power do you have either indivudually or collectivelly to determine where they spend your dues?"........The guy said "actually, we really don't."

That's very telling.......That says, if you're a dem or repub, and the union is donating monies to political campaigns you don't support, tough shit.

The problem with most unions nowadays is they are too entrenched in politics. They should be banned from all political contributions unless each and everyone of their members agree to it..........Particularly government employee unions.

May be a bad example but here it go's.

I raise cattle and with cattle, you do "cull" the bad ones out of the herd, but however, on the ones that produce, you sure do end up pouring the feed to them, wanting and expecting a better return for your money. That is money out of my pocket, but it's like re-investing in your company, along with sharing the wealth to get a better end result.

The better end result being: The Company grows, along with your employees and profits, because you've re-invested.

I believe if given the chance, the majority of employees will give their all, when it comes to a company that takes care of them by giving them a sense of ownership. And by that empowerment they want to share in the growth of the company. I also believe the employees will give back if the company falls on hard times, because of the sense of ownership that they feel.

Ranger, as far as I'm concerned I agree with You, but not only should union dues be kept out of politics, but so should corporate lobbyists and monies.

With all this money going through the political process, it can only lead to corruption in our Own Government, it ends up not being the will of the People, but the will of the Union Boss's or Corporate Boss's.

You can google this if you want:
But look at USA Today's highest paid CEO's.

What CEO is worth $85 million a year, not including stock options. I know, I know, but he was so good at what he/she did, he/she single handedly saved this company, none of them bottom dwellers had anything to do with making this Company Great !!!!
Not only that but he/she really deserved to be able to buy them 15 mansions in 15 different states or countries, and to vacation in the Bahama's and Hamptons.

I say give he/she a $million, tell them job well done, and take the other 84 million and invest some of it in company infrastructure & newer technology's, and maybe just a teensy weensy pay raise for the bottom dwellers.

You know I've have listened to Rush'Bo before and how he complained about the American people having "Class Envy" against him. But have you not noticed how he turned "Class Envy" against him, to "Class Envy" against union employees. Him, Beck & Hannity preach lock/step against the unions. All you have to do is LISTEN.

People have been suckered into misdirection, and divide & conquer by these blowhards. And so many have fell for it hook, line and sinker. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Having sat in a room with many of these guys..I can tell you first hand...

They usually ain't the smartest guy in the room.

But they are usually the best at "gladhanding".:lol:

I raise cattle and with cattle, you do "cull" the bad ones out of the herd, but however, on the ones that produce, you sure do end up pouring the feed to them, wanting and expecting a better return for your money. That is money out of my pocket, but it's like re-investing in your company, along with sharing the wealth to get a better end result.

The better end result being: The Company grows, along with your employees and profits, because you've re-invested.

I believe if given the chance, the majority of employees will give their all, when it comes to a company that takes care of them by giving them a sense of ownership. And by that empowerment they want to share in the growth of the company. I also believe the employees will give back if the company falls on hard times, because of the sense of ownership that they feel.
Again business is business. Throwing around a sense of ownership to employees I don't agree with. What i'm saying is, you treat your employees well on a business level. You provide what you can afford. Pay them well, and if you can afford it, provide benefits. Let them know that they are on a performance based scale. The better they perform, the more chance for raises, bonuses, etc........I had a very low turnover rate. My emlpoyees had a tendency to stay with me, for a reason. I treated them well. Paid them well above the industry level. Offered them benefits. Generous vacation time, etc. Basically, I offered above what is the restaurant industry norm. Many don't offer more than an hourly wage, and if you're lucky, vacation time. I usually lost employees for the reasons being, I had to let them go for performance reasons. In the case of line cooks, I taught them all I could to help them be able to move on and become sous chefs or executive chefs elsewhere. And in a couple o' cases, go onto to open their own establishments.

I just don't agree with giving them a sense of ownership. They are not the owners. And giving themself a sense of titlement to what is yours, it can create problems down the road.

Last edited:
Whoa, there Ranger Roy!!!

So in your stereo typical language, every coal miner, steel mill worker, & auto factory worker in the early 1900's were as you say Lazy Paranoid Libs ???

I would be jumping up and down, if we would do away with SSN, Welfare, Wic, and all those other programs, then I might be able to keep some of my HARD EARNED MONEY!!!

Ranger boy?

Really....Ranger boy?

Last edited:

Hannity just had one of the focus groups on with Fran Lutz......It was very interesting. A mix of all opinions........One question was asked of a teacher who is union, It was asked, "Do you have any real power over how the union spends your dues. What power do you have either indivudually or collectivelly to determine where they spend your dues?"........The guy said "actually, we really don't."

That's very telling.......That says, if you're a dem or repub, and the union is donating monies to political campaigns you don't support, tough shit.

The problem with most unions nowadays is they are too entrenched in politics. They should be banned from all political contributions unless each and everyone of their members agree to it..........Particularly government employee unions.

The NEA spends more money on elections than anyone else in the country.

(Hear that lefties, a union spends more money than any corporation on elections. I am still waiting for everyone to condemn that.

Top National Donors | Follow The Money )

They are planning to double their war chest by doubling the contribution required of all their members from $10 to $20 dollars per member. Any member who does not like this can vote against it, and pay up if they loose the vote.

I would love to ban unions from politics, but I am too much a fan of the Constitution to justify it. I can, however, see the justification in a law requiring the unions not to spend any dues on politics. If they want to get involved in politics they should ask for contributions from members.

Last edited:

You raise cattle, would you keep a hard working employee if he liked to shoot your cattle? Would you keep a poor employee who sat around all day and refused to do anything? The government should be able to fire bad employees just like you do, yet, quite often, they cannot.

Whoa, there Ranger Roy!!!

So in your stereo typical language, every coal miner, steel mill worker, & auto factory worker in the early 1900's were as you say Lazy Paranoid Libs ???

I would be jumping up and down, if we would do away with SSN, Welfare, Wic, and all those other programs, then I might be able to keep some of my HARD EARNED MONEY!!!

Ranger boy?

Really....Ranger boy?

He's cool Syrenn.

Thanks for looking out for me though!:cool:

OFFICIAL TRANSLATION:

I'm a lazy paranoid lib who doesn't want to get up and work in the first place. I want my entire life provided to me by the government. Why get a job when it's more fun doing drugs, scratching my crotch, and watching Spongebob all day. If I do have to get a job, I want union protection so I can be a lazy fuck and not get fired. If I do get a job, I know i'm too stupid and lazy to ever get one that pays over $8.00 an hour anyway so, GIVE ME MY FREE SHIT GOD DAMMIT!.......I'm liberal, lazy, and proud!

END OF OFFICIAL TRANSLATION.

Official translation - Wicked Jester said:

Don't get in my way, I want licking the boss's ass all to myself...

The NEA spends more money on elections than anyone else in the country.

(Hear that lefties, a union spends more money than any corporation on elections. I am still waiting for everyone to condemn that.

Top National Donors | Follow The Money )

They are planning to double their war chest by doubling the contribution required of all their members from $10 to $20 dollars per member. Any member who does not like this can vote against it, and pay up if they loose the vote.

I would love to ban unions from politics, but I am too much a fan of the Constitution to justify it. I can, however, see the justification in a law requiring the unions not to spend any dues on politics. If they want to get involved in politics they should ask for contributions from members.

Would you also ban corporations if you weren't such a 'Constitutional' scholar?

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.
Benjamin Disraeli

Forum List

Back