Right to work "states"

Funny. I live in a right to work state. North Dakota. Go ahead and google how our financial situation is doing lately.

:smoke:

I am wondering as to whether or not Gov Walker & Gov Kasich will follow suit.

First they wanted to do away with Collective bargaining, but as you read the news, their thinking about letting Collective bargaining stay concerning wages, even though they want concessions on wages, but Benefits, Sick time, Vacation time, and etc are off the table.

I say they should LEAD BY EXAMPLE: Cut their wage in 1/2, give up their benefits, sick time, vaction time and etc. If the blue collar worker has to go without, so should they.

Make me proud Governors, show the voting bloc you really do mean and care about what you say "LEAD BY EXAMPLE" give back to the citizens of your State.

YEAH RIGHT, LIKE THATS GOING TO HAPPEN!!! Not in my lifetiime or anyone else's.

And do's anyone actually believe by all these savings their going to let you keep some more or your tax money??? Guess again, it's not gonna happen.
Why would they do that, buddy?

Nobody else is being asked to give up 1/2 their pay, Give up their benefits, sick time, vacation time so, why should the governors?

Show us where those blue collar workers are being asked to give up what you claim.

Ya' see, that's the problem. The liberal media and the supporters of those protesters are lying through their teeth about what is ACTUALLY happening..........It's right out of the Alinsky playbook. It's the typical liberal tactic........When ya' got NOTHIN', just lie.

Ranger, what exactly is your take on Gov Walker of Wisconsin, and Gov Kasich of Ohio, and what their trying to do, by ridding their states of collective bargaining? My bet would be that the average public "union" worker in either state makes what is considered low to middle "Middle Class" wages.

You are aware that civil servants (public employees) are both "Union" and "Exempt". The difference being the wages they make, "Exempts" can make up to 2 to 3 times the amount of the "Union" public employee. The Exempts do not fall under the union, but do fall under civil service employee.

Do's anyone know what average "Middle Class" yearly wages are considered to be nowadays?

Last edited:
War is the engine that drives all economies. It is the single-best thing you can do for any economy. History is defined by the series of wars, and success and failure of all nations are forever tied to the history of wars.

And war will ultimately define the outcome of our current situation, one way or another.

If unionism is so bad, how do conservatives explain the 50s?

World War II. If you had an understanding of economics you wouldn't have had to ask the question.
So dead kids are good for the economy?

We have two separate narratives going here, but your comment is not far from the truth in the context of Dwight Eisenhower's most provocative speech, his farewell address.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together."

I suggest people study the history of the Republican party and people like Senator Robert Taft, who was a major proponent of the foreign policy of non-interventionism. But Taft also led the successful effort by the conservative coalition to curb the power of labor unions.

Eisenhower had a different view: "Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."

Last edited:
If dead kids is so good for the economy, why didn't the market shoot through the roof n September twelve, 2001?

If blowing up tanks and ships is so good for the economy, why don't we just build a bunch of aircraft carriers, sing them ourselves in the middle of the Atlantic and toast to all the wealth we just created?

Hell, with all those broken windows, kristallnacht alone should have fixed all Germany's economic woes.

The bottom 10 poorest states
Where median incomes are lowest
Rank State Median Income
1 Mississippi $35,693
2 Arkansas $37,987
3 West Virginia $39,170
4 Tennessee $40,034
5 South Carolina $41,548
6 Montana $41,587
7 Kentucky $41,828
8 Alabama $42,144
9 North Carolina $42,337
10 Louisiana $42,423
Source:U.S. Census Bureau

America's wealthiest (and poorest) states - Sep. 16, 2010

U.S. states with right-to-work laws

The following 22 states are right-to-work states:

* Alabama
* Arizona †
* Arkansas †
* Florida †
* Georgia
* Idaho
* Iowa
* Kansas
* Louisiana
* Mississippi †
* Nebraska
* Nevada
* North Carolina
* North Dakota
* Oklahoma †
* South Carolina
* South Dakota
* Tennessee
* Texas
* Utah
* Virginia
* Wyoming

Right-to-work law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The right to work for less

The average worker in a right to work state makes about $5,333 a year less than workers in other states ($35,500 compared with $30,167).[1] Weekly wages are $72 greater in free-bargaining states than in right to work states ($621 versus $549).[2] Working families in states without right to work laws have higher wages and benefit from healthier tax bases that improve their quality of life.

Federal law already protects workers who don’t want to join a union to get or keep their jobs. Supporters claim right to work laws protect employees from being forced to join unions. Don’t be fooled—federal law already does this, as well as protecting nonmembers from paying for union activities that violate their religious or political beliefs. This individual freedom argument is a sham.

Right to work endangers safety and health standards that protect workers on the job by weakening unions that help to ensure worker safety by fighting for tougher safety rules. According to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, the rate of workplace deaths is 51 percent higher in states with right to work, where unions can’t speak up on behalf of workers.[3]

Ah. You said "poorest." If I have $1 Million and I only make $20,000 per year as income am I poor? Also, you used median income as your cite. Median income is very far removed from net worth (and the purchasing power of that net worth). Median income (especially as collected by the government) is different from average income or even the average of the population within an acceptable standard deviation. Then there is the difference in costs for a similar standard of living. $40,000 a year in Tennessee is way better than $64,000 a year in Connecticut.
Might you know of any studies that take such things into account and compare what might be called their real income?

Yes. And they are all done using improper source data.

Ah. You said "poorest." If I have $1 Million and I only make $20,000 per year as income am I poor? Also, you used median income as your cite. Median income is very far removed from net worth (and the purchasing power of that net worth). Median income (especially as collected by the government) is different from average income or even the average of the population within an acceptable standard deviation. Then there is the difference in costs for a similar standard of living. $40,000 a year in Tennessee is way better than $64,000 a year in Connecticut.
Might you know of any studies that take such things into account and compare what might be called their real income?

The study is done annually by the AFL-CIO using federal Bureau of Labor Statistics and other reliable sources. It appears very comprehensive.

Here's the 2010 report:

'Death on the Job' Report, 2010

This study is not about real income.

If dead kids is so good for the economy, why didn't the market shoot through the roof n September twelve, 2001?

If blowing up tanks and ships is so good for the economy, why don't we just build a bunch of aircraft carriers, sing them ourselves in the middle of the Atlantic and toast to all the wealth we just created?

Hell, with all those broken windows, kristallnacht alone should have fixed all Germany's economic woes.

Just like we didn't come out of the depression on December 7, 1941 and wall street didn't shoot through the roof on December 8, 1941. By the way, nice deflecti...., uumm, errr, tangent your going of on there.

Just like we didn't come out of the depression on December 7, 1941 and wall street didn't shoot through the roof on December 8, 1941. By the way, nice deflecti...., uumm, errr, tangent your going of on there.

But according to Mini, war is an economic panacea. What happened with TWO wars going on? It should move beyond a panacea, straight to Utopia?

War is the engine that drives all economies. It is the single-best thing you can do for any economy. History is defined by the series of wars, and success and failure of all nations are forever tied to the history of wars.

And war will ultimately define the outcome of our current situation, one way or another.

But according to Mini, war is an economic panacea. What happened with TWO wars going on? It should move beyond a panacea, straight to Utopia?

I know that, just JB's analogy was, how shall I put this, interesting, yup, that's the word I'll use. :lol:

I know that, just JB's analogy was, how shall I put this, interesting, yup, that's the word I'll use. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back