Right to work "states"

You have the right to be seen, but not heard.
You have the right to shut up and do what your told.
You have the right to work 10 to 16 hour days.
You have the right to work everyday until we tell you, that you can have a day off.
You have the right to make just above minimum wage.
You have the right to work under 40 hours a week.
You have the right to work over 70 hours a week.
You have the right to buy family health insurance coverage out of the $8.00 an hour u make.
You have the right to the Social Security or PBGC which your Gov't offers.
You have the right to vote for 1 of 2 worthless political parties.
You have the right to NOTHING CHUMP!!!!

I'm just so happy that I have the "Right To Work" :clap2:

Welcome to the land of milk & honey, oops change that, I forgot it has become, the land of Death & Taxes!!!!

If it's as bad as you feel it is, maybe you should unionize

Mini 14

No disrespect meant but " I had to let an employee go " does this mean your a company man such as but not limited to Manager, Supervisor, Foreman, or You own the Company?

" Only because I found someone better " was that at brown nosing, sucking up OR was the employee "Blue Collar Worker" just a plain old lazy good for nothing Bum, and if so, I would of FIRED that lazy (Y) to !!!

OR did was the Employee just a plain old worthless Bum?

I own the company.

The employee is a great guy, and has been a good employee, but I found someone better.....simple as that.

We parted on good terms, and I'm sure he'll land another job soon. I'll do all I can to help him.

-you say as you kick him to the curb to fend for himself

Doing all you could would include keeping him around part-time until he landed another job.

It's funny how you claim to have the guy's interest in mind as you throw him out like a worn-out cog when a new model arrives.

-you say as you kick him to the curb to fend for himself

Doing all you could would include keeping him around part-time until he landed another job.

It's funny how you claim to have the guy's interest in mind as you throw him out like a worn-out cog when a new model arrives.

You better talk to him about my motivation. He doesn't realize what an asshole I am.

I am taking he and his son fishing on my property Sunday. Maybe I can break it to him then?

Corporations, regardless of what they do, ought not to be able to contribute to campaigns.

Unions are corporations. .

But that change in the law alone won't solve much.

We need a complete revamping of campaign finance laws and the electoral process.

Never gonna happen, though give the power of the duelopoly.

Ergo, America will continue to move in the direction of increasing fascistic goverment.

Many of you, I note, think that's just fine. Many of you are clearly supporters of authoritarian-style goverments depite your constant claims about how much you love freedom.

Your children aren't likely to agree that what this nation will have turned into is a good thing, unless you (and then they..fascism is usually big into nepotism) are actually one of Corporo-FASCISM's insiders.

But if you're not already an insider, (and I doubt many of you are..you wouldn't bother to be here if you were) it is very unlikely you'll be invited into the cabal.

But if you keep your mouths shut, and you genuflect on command, you might do okay...as long as you can remain a useful tool to the Masters.

Last edited:
What a crummy reason to let a person go..ote]

I didn't start a business to make my employees wealthy.

:)

If I started a business I would like everybody to get wealthy off it if they worked hard enough...

And if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their ass when they jump.

Perhaps this is why the notion of you starting a business is merely theoretical. That said, I started my business so that I could enrich myself and my employees. That means someone better who wants a job gets it even if it means someone who has a job loses his. It's the nature of all business. Every union worker who has a job displaces a scab.

These decisions need to be made carefully because the initial appearance of someone being better at a specific role in the company could backfire. Someone who has done a good job for 5 years in different roles is probably worth keeping over a new hot-shot that only appears to be someone who will do better and not leave in a year.

Last edited:
You can google this if you want:
But look at USA Today's highest paid CEO's.

What CEO is worth $85 million a year, not including stock options. I know, I know, but he was so good at what he/she did, he/she single handedly saved this company, none of them bottom dwellers had anything to do with making this Company Great !!!!
Not only that but he/she really deserved to be able to buy them 15 mansions in 15 different states or countries, and to vacation in the Bahama's and Hamptons.

I say give he/she a $million, tell them job well done, and take the other 84 million and invest some of it in company infrastructure & newer technology's, and maybe just a teensy weensy pay raise for the bottom dwellers.

You know I've have listened to Rush'Bo before and how he complained about the American people having "Class Envy" against him. But have you not noticed how he turned "Class Envy" against him, to "Class Envy" against union employees. Him, Beck & Hannity preach lock/step against the unions. All you have to do is LISTEN.

People have been suckered into misdirection, and divide & conquer by these blowhards. And so many have fell for it hook, line and sinker. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

How many jobs does that CEO create or save? If he's running the company well all of them. The answer to overpriced CEOs is competition. Bust your ass and become a CEO. If you end up making $85 Million in a year you have the option to enact your proposal.

May be a bad example but here it go's.

I raise cattle and with cattle, you do "cull" the bad ones out of the herd, but however, on the ones that produce, you sure do end up pouring the feed to them, wanting and expecting a better return for your money. That is money out of my pocket, but it's like re-investing in your company, along with sharing the wealth to get a better end result.

The better end result being: The Company grows, along with your employees and profits, because you've re-invested.

I believe if given the chance, the majority of employees will give their all, when it comes to a company that takes care of them by giving them a sense of ownership. And by that empowerment they want to share in the growth of the company. I also believe the employees will give back if the company falls on hard times, because of the sense of ownership that they feel.

Nice theory. How did that work out for GM? Eastern Airlines? American Axel?

Of the 10 poorest states in the country, seven of them are right to work states.
Source and evidence of causal link?

The bottom 10 poorest states
Where median incomes are lowest
Rank State Median Income
1 Mississippi $35,693
2 Arkansas $37,987
3 West Virginia $39,170
4 Tennessee $40,034
5 South Carolina $41,548
6 Montana $41,587
7 Kentucky $41,828
8 Alabama $42,144
9 North Carolina $42,337
10 Louisiana $42,423
Source:U.S. Census Bureau

America's wealthiest (and poorest) states - Sep. 16, 2010

U.S. states with right-to-work laws

The following 22 states are right-to-work states:

* Alabama
* Arizona †
* Arkansas †
* Florida †
* Georgia
* Idaho
* Iowa
* Kansas
* Louisiana
* Mississippi †
* Nebraska
* Nevada
* North Carolina
* North Dakota
* Oklahoma †
* South Carolina
* South Dakota
* Tennessee
* Texas
* Utah
* Virginia
* Wyoming

Right-to-work law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The right to work for less

The average worker in a right to work state makes about $5,333 a year less than workers in other states ($35,500 compared with $30,167).[1] Weekly wages are $72 greater in free-bargaining states than in right to work states ($621 versus $549).[2] Working families in states without right to work laws have higher wages and benefit from healthier tax bases that improve their quality of life.

Federal law already protects workers who don’t want to join a union to get or keep their jobs. Supporters claim right to work laws protect employees from being forced to join unions. Don’t be fooled—federal law already does this, as well as protecting nonmembers from paying for union activities that violate their religious or political beliefs. This individual freedom argument is a sham.

Right to work endangers safety and health standards that protect workers on the job by weakening unions that help to ensure worker safety by fighting for tougher safety rules. According to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, the rate of workplace deaths is 51 percent higher in states with right to work, where unions can’t speak up on behalf of workers.[3]

Wow, I'm in a right to work state and it's the 6th wealthiest in the nation. Oh, I almost forgot, employers still have to abide by local, state and federally mandated labor practices and labor laws. Oops.
Does the OP want to try some other fear mongering tactic since this one obviously isn't working?

The average worker in a right to work state makes about $5,333 a year less than workers in other states ($35,500 compared with $30,167).[1] Weekly wages are $72 greater in free-bargaining states than in right to work states ($621 versus $549).[2] Working families in states without right to work laws have higher wages and benefit from healthier tax bases that improve their quality of life.

Federal law already protects workers who don’t want to join a union to get or keep their jobs. Supporters claim right to work laws protect employees from being forced to join unions. Don’t be fooled—federal law already does this, as well as protecting nonmembers from paying for union activities that violate their religious or political beliefs. This individual freedom argument is a sham.

Right to work endangers safety and health standards that protect workers on the job by weakening unions that help to ensure worker safety by fighting for tougher safety rules. According to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, the rate of workplace deaths is 51 percent higher in states with right to work, where unions can’t speak up on behalf of workers.[3]

Conveniently, you ignore the cost of living.

I hear New Yorkers pay thousands of dollars for parking spaces?

Down here, $1.00 gets you all day.......downtown.......right in front of the courthouse.

And who would pay $4 for a gallon of gas???

Still under $3 here :)

May be a bad example but here it go's.

I raise cattle and with cattle, you do "cull" the bad ones out of the herd, but however, on the ones that produce, you sure do end up pouring the feed to them, wanting and expecting a better return for your money. That is money out of my pocket, but it's like re-investing in your company, along with sharing the wealth to get a better end result.

The better end result being: The Company grows, along with your employees and profits, because you've re-invested.

I believe if given the chance, the majority of employees will give their all, when it comes to a company that takes care of them by giving them a sense of ownership. And by that empowerment they want to share in the growth of the company. I also believe the employees will give back if the company falls on hard times, because of the sense of ownership that they feel.
Again business is business. Throwing around a sense of ownership to employees I don't agree with. What i'm saying is, you treat your employees well on a business level. You provide what you can afford. Pay them well, and if you can afford it, provide benefits. Let them know that they are on a performance based scale. The better they perform, the more chance for raises, bonuses, etc........I had a very low turnover rate. My emlpoyees had a tendency to stay with me, for a reason. I treated them well. Paid them well above the industry level. Offered them benefits. Generous vacation time, etc. Basically, I offered above what is the restaurant industry norm. Many don't offer more than an hourly wage, and if you're lucky, vacation time. I usually lost employees for the reasons being, I had to let them go for performance reasons. In the case of line cooks, I taught them all I could to help them be able to move on and become sous chefs or executive chefs elsewhere. And in a couple o' cases, go onto to open their own establishments.

I just don't agree with giving them a sense of ownership. They are not the owners. And giving themself a sense of titlement to what is yours, it can create problems down the road.

That is so true in non-profitable divisions of a company. "But without us, you can't make money," said the warehouse manager who flat out refused to implement a very expensive but very good inventory management system. Turns out he was wrong, another company that can efficiently run a warehouse was happy as hell to earn that business.

Of the 10 poorest states in the country, seven of them are right to work states.

Rank State Median Income
1 Mississippi $35,693
2 Arkansas $37,987
3 West Virginia $39,170
4 Tennessee $40,034
5 South Carolina $41,548
6 Montana $41,587
7 Kentucky $41,828
8 Alabama $42,144
9 North Carolina $42,337
10 Louisiana $42,423

* Alabama
* Arizona †
* Arkansas †
* Florida †
* Georgia
* Idaho
* Iowa
* Kansas
* Louisiana
* Mississippi †
* Nebraska
* Nevada
* North Carolina
* North Dakota
* Oklahoma †
* South Carolina
* South Dakota
* Tennessee
* Texas
* Utah
* Virginia
* Wyoming

Ah. You said "poorest." If I have $1 Million and I only make $20,000 per year as income am I poor? Also, you used median income as your cite. Median income is very far removed from net worth (and the purchasing power of that net worth). Median income (especially as collected by the government) is different from average income or even the average of the population within an acceptable standard deviation. Then there is the difference in costs for a similar standard of living. $40,000 a year in Tennessee is way better than $64,000 a year in Connecticut.

Can anyone tell me the difference between lets say hmmm:

Blue Collar Worker and Union Representation......OR

Athlete and Paid Talent Agent / Lawyer Representation......OR

Actor/Actress and Paid Talent Agent / Lawyer Representation.....OR

Radio Host and Paid Talent Agent / Lawyer Representation ???

Seems to me that the above listed is about some type of representation through a paid mediator/consultant, to get the person a better wage and or health benefits. Or am I just plain wrong in my reasoning, and missing something ???

Oh, and one more thing, I believe all come with some kind of Contract that is supposedly Legal & Binding.

Unions are collective bargaining units. Your other examples are individual bargaining units. Unions do not look after an individual worker's best interests. Unions use political clout to have favorable legislation and appropriations passed while Talent Agents do not. Now it can be said that Talent Agents hire Lobbyists do to so and that's true. There is a distinct separation though because Lobbyists are regulated in ways that Unions are not. Unions double deal by representing themselves and the workers. Talent Agents do not, Lobbyists do not.

Conveniently, you ignore the cost of living.

I hear New Yorkers pay thousands of dollars for parking spaces?

Down here, $1.00 gets you all day.......downtown.......right in front of the courthouse.

And who would pay $4 for a gallon of gas???

Still under $3 here :)

At least tens of thousands in New York, more than a nice house in the South sometimes.

In Houston, $225,000 will buy a three-bedroom house with a game room, den, in-ground pool and hot tub.

In Manhattan, it will buy a parking space. No windows, no view. No walls.

Although spaces in prime sections of Manhattan are the most expensive, even those in open lots and in garages in Brooklyn, Queens, Riverdale and Harlem are close to $50,000, although at least one new Brooklyn development is asking $125,000.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/12/us/12parking.html

I forgot to mention that parking in public/metered spaces on the weekends is still free down here :)

Rank State Median Income
1 Mississippi $35,693
2 Arkansas $37,987
3 West Virginia $39,170
4 Tennessee $40,034
5 South Carolina $41,548
6 Montana $41,587
7 Kentucky $41,828
8 Alabama $42,144
9 North Carolina $42,337
10 Louisiana $42,423

* Alabama
* Arizona †
* Arkansas †
* Florida †
* Georgia
* Idaho
* Iowa
* Kansas
* Louisiana
* Mississippi †
* Nebraska
* Nevada
* North Carolina
* North Dakota
* Oklahoma †
* South Carolina
* South Dakota
* Tennessee
* Texas
* Utah
* Virginia
* Wyoming

Do you have a comparison of the cost of living? or are you just going to list the average income and assume we are dumb enough not to know that the cost of living changes place to place?

New Topics

Forum List

Back